Detailed comparison - Fuji S602 vs Nikon 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mpenza
someone did comparison of the image quality.... http://www.pbase.com/mu/nikon_5mp_vs_fuji_3mp
this is great, nikon seem like can capture more clear image than S602. in fact i love the 8x zoom, well, this weekend go and shop around to see whether have chance to touch nikon 5700 and have a try.

will it better if buy by instalment in HN rather than camera shop? the price difference range will be 100? 200? or...?

Originally posted by chenwei

this is great, nikon seem like can capture more clear image than S602. in fact i love the 8x zoom, well, this weekend go and shop around to see whether have chance to touch nikon 5700 and have a try.

will it better if buy by instalment in HN rather than camera shop? the price difference range will be 100? 200? or...?

is it me or ?

from the pbase size by size pic comparsion , the images from 602z look better to me.

anyway i would prefer the 602z to be taken with the 3mp mode , instead of the 6mp interpolation.

price difference will be $200-300. do get a backup battery too cos the battery life isn't great.

The price difference is in Sin $. I believe the price of the Fuji 602 is around 1300 ? while the best price for the Nikon 5700 is at 1600.

For Nikon, I get my supplies from Lord's Camera at Lucky Plaza. He is a stockist for Nikon and hence his price is very competitive, not sure abt his other brands though...must warn u that the 5700 demand is currently greater than supply so u may not get the price I listed!

Can I ask if u do not wish to print, why get such high-end cameras? I mean if u at max print 4R many other good cameras out there in the mkt less than 1K that produce good pix u know?
But if u die die want these 2, it is yr choice.

Also, I forgot to add that when I made my consideration, the following was at play as well...

1) Accessories. Speedlight and wide angle lens, plus batteries prices and availability for Nikon.

I am a 5700 user and if u want I can show u print samples. No point showing it to u on the PC, can see much diff c/w prints at -6R or larger.

:devil:

Originally posted by jeff chen
The price difference is in Sin $. I believe the price of the Fuji 602 is around 1300 ? while the best price for the Nikon 5700 is at 1600.

price for S602Z is $1200. might be cheaper now.... so the difference is around $400 or more.

price difference will be $200-300. do get a backup battery too cos the battery life isn't great.
ya will definitely get some accessories, as well as the optional battery pack (AA batteries), just not sure how much it cost, have to do a comparison...

if the optional battery pack cost over $100 it's quite expensive already i feel...:dunno:

For Nikon, I get my supplies from Lord's Camera at Lucky Plaza. He is a stockist for Nikon and hence his price is very competitive, not sure abt his other brands though...must warn u that the 5700 demand is currently greater than supply so u may not get the price I listed!

Can I ask if u do not wish to print, why get such high-end cameras? I mean if u at max print 4R many other good cameras out there in the mkt less than 1K that produce good pix u know?
But if u die die want these 2, it is yr choice.

Also, I forgot to add that when I made my consideration, the following was at play as well...

1) Accessories. Speedlight and wide angle lens, plus batteries prices and availability for Nikon.

I am a 5700 user and if u want I can show u print samples. No point showing it to u on the PC, can see much diff c/w prints at -6R or larger.
seem like this 2 models are "hot"??? i heard alan photo there also left not much of S602.... :rbounce:

since u r using nikon, do u mind to share some info on 5700? i can't find any friends using this... :( just wonder are accessories of nikon expensive? so far i only knew sony is money sucker...

the reason i am considering this 2 cameras, so far are...
1. can last me at least 1.5 years without changing a new one
2. friend's recommendation
3. extra lens to add on
4. easy access of functions (at least the thing won't gone after u finished setting...)
5. zoom ability, i dun want to fight with the bee... ;p
6. both can use NiMh AA batteries

not sure what i consider is correct or not, as this is the first time i want to buy a good digital camera.... any comments pls voice out ;)

As for accessories, do u wanna get original Nikon or are u happy with compaitables?

Take the advice of mpenza, u do need a spare battery (around S$65 original nikon Li-Ion) or the battery pack with vertical grip (only original at S$180 uses 6x AA) for 5700.

As for external flash, this one is tricky. I use a moderate range flash from nikon that allows my camera to sync with the external flash, SB 50DX cost me S$300. U can get compaitable flash for much cheaper or use Nikon non-DX ones, I think they give u better GN c/w mine. No point getting the SB 30 flash, real crappy for S$150 in my personal opinion, no gd range and cannot bounce! If u get the Fuji flash compaitable with the 602, I understand it to be S$900?? I dunno, cos I don't use Fuji. Never rely on the built-in flash for any camera, u r gonna be terribly disappointed when u use the cam indoors under poor lighting.

Let u tell u my gripes abt the 5700 based on my experience:

1. Focusing. Like some pple pt out, this camera is great for capturing real still images, the pix are sharp and colour repro is really execllent. But if u try to shoot moving objects like a moving animal, the focusing is slow. So if u plan to shoot a moving animal, u cannot zoom and focus fast enough. I encountered this problem when I shoot animals at the zoo.

2. As to the issue raised by Amatuer Photo review of the 5700, one pt raised by the reviewer was that it tends to get underexposure when u set to auto mode, I have not experience any thing like that. Also, under the auto mode, sometimes the camera 5 pt focus does get it wrong and that is annoying. However, this can be rectified by manual controls and underexposure can be corrected by manual settings override.

3. Nikon 5700 is meant for those who already are familiar with Nikon film cameras in general (the semi-pro ones) hence, it is more difficult to use c/w the 602. But shld not be a problem, if u have someone to teach u and r a fast learner. In short, learning curve is steeper, but not impossible.

What camera r u using currently? The 5700 is meant for advanced amatuers to semi-pro users. Make sure u buy a camera that u can fully utilise. I think I need not tell u to pse consider carefully.

As for accessories, do u wanna get original Nikon or are u happy with compaitables?

Take the advice of mpenza, u do need a spare battery (around S$65 original nikon Li-Ion) or the battery pack with vertical grip (only original at S$180 uses 6x AA) for 5700.

As for external flash, this one is tricky. I use a moderate range flash from nikon that allows my camera to sync with the external flash, SB 50DX cost me S$300. U can get compaitable flash for much cheaper or use Nikon non-DX ones, I think they give u better GN c/w mine. No point getting the SB 30 flash, real crappy for S$150 in my personal opinion, no gd range and cannot bounce! If u get the Fuji flash compaitable with the 602, I understand it to be S$900?? I dunno, cos I don't use Fuji. Never rely on the built-in flash for any camera, u r gonna be terribly disappointed when u use the cam indoors under poor lighting.

Let u tell u my gripes abt the 5700 based on my experience:

1. Focusing. Like some pple pt out, this camera is great for capturing real still images, the pix are sharp and colour repro is really execllent. But if u try to shoot moving objects like a moving animal, the focusing is slow. So if u plan to shoot a moving animal, u cannot zoom and focus fast enough. I encountered this problem when I shoot animals at the zoo.

2. As to the issue raised by Amatuer Photo review of the 5700, one pt raised by the reviewer was that it tends to get underexposure when u set to auto mode, I have not experience any thing like that. Also, under the auto mode, sometimes the camera 5 pt focus does get it wrong and that is annoying. However, this can be rectified by manual controls and underexposure can be corrected by manual settings override.

3. Nikon 5700 is meant for those who already are familiar with Nikon film cameras in general (the semi-pro ones) hence, it is more difficult to use c/w the 602. But shld not be a problem, if u have someone to teach u and r a fast learner. In short, learning curve is steeper, but not impossible.

What camera r u using currently? The 5700 is meant for advanced amatuers to semi-pro users. Make sure u buy a camera that u can fully utilise. I think I need not tell u to pse consider carefully.
i agree and in fact i was thinking to buy the 6xAA batteries one if i buy 5700. i am happy with compatible however will prefer to be same brand. i heard that the not-nikon flash used with 5700, will trigger both flash at the same time, is it truth?

i tried s602 and i personally feel the zoom and focus speed is ok (correct me if i am wrong), but i can't compare both of them, anyone can comment on this?

well... as i said i am beginner, i am using sony dsc p2. however feel lots of limitation on sony p2, and wish to upgrade my camera. from what i feel, skills can be improved and learnt, where camera bought, money is gone... ;p so i want to think carefully so that i won't step a wrong step... ;)

To: Wolfgang, yes i prefer that as i like to capture moving objects...

the reason i am considering this 2 cameras, so far are...
1. can last me at least 1.5 years without changing a new one
2. friend's recommendation
3. extra lens to add on
4. easy access of functions (at least the thing won't gone after u finished setting...)
5. zoom ability, i dun want to fight with the bee... ;p
6. both can use NiMh AA batteries

not sure what i consider is correct or not, as this is the first time i want to buy a good digital camera.... any comments pls voice out ;)

some comments
1. really depends on you. either is good enough.
3. for the 5700 might be more difficult cos wide-angle and tele require different lens adaptor. else you need to pay quite a big sum for an adjustable adaptor
4. both are alright.
5. 5700 has longer zoom
6. you need to spend another S$180 to use AA batteries on the 5700 and it would add additional bulk

If u get the Fuji flash compaitable with the 602, I understand it to be S$900?? I dunno, cos I don't use Fuji.

no one will want to use that cos there's no need. any auto flash (e.g. Vivitar 285HV, Metz 32Z-1, even cheap Achiever, Suntax flash) will do.

i tried s602 and i personally feel the zoom and focus speed is ok (correct me if i am wrong), but i can't compare both of them, anyone can comment on this?

To: Wolfgang, yes i prefer that as i like to capture moving objects...

S602's focus speed is not ok, it's very fast for a non-DSLR digital camera ;p

I think u have found the answer for yrself after asking all those Qs?

Also, just learned today thru fiddly, that the 5700 handles ackward and unusual lighting situation quite well ( I mean some in shade and others in bright sunlight aspect).

Gd luck. :devil:

I think u have found the answer for yrself after asking all those Qs?

Also, just learned today thru fiddly, that the 5700 handles ackward and unusual lighting situation quite well ( I mean some in shade and others in bright sunlight aspect).

Gd luck. :devil:

we have done our part :) either choice is good :) let's see what he says and gets ;p

we have done our part either choice is good :) let's see what he says and gets ;p
thanks a lot guys! you all really helps a lots, i will go and sum up all i need, and compare the price. :devil:

so far i see the price of 5700 goes higher consider taking same accessories for both... :eek:

oh, hope can get it earlier... :rbounce:

Just remembered:

More "gripes" abt the 5700...

1. EVF - I like and hate it? Like becos I can view the images after I shot them when bright sunlight makes viewing on the LCD Monitor difficult. Hate it because u cannot view anything unless u switch the camera on, then the EVF activates. Honestly, I wld prefer an Optical View Finder.

2. Battery life. Dunno abt the 602, but the 5700 is a battery eater. U can shoot abt 50-60 shots with EVF (w/o the use of internal flash) and some viewing, before the battery becomes flat.

Do not let my comments encourage or discourage u, u make the decision based on the info given and what camera suits yr lifestyle and needs ok? Gd luck hunting!

if I were chenwei, I'll probably be more confused after reading all these ;p but it's true, no camera is perfect. S602Z's EVF gets dark when the lighting conditions gets dimmer and when it's really dark, you can't see much except for lights.

if I were chenwei, I'll probably be more confused after reading all these ;p but it's true, no camera is perfect. S602Z's EVF gets dark when the lighting conditions gets dimmer and when it's really dark, you can't see much except for lights.
in fact u r right mpenza, i was aiming s602 at first, then start to consider 5700, now is struggle between these 2 liao.... jia lat... ;p as u said, no camera is perfect, i like the good pt of 602, as well as 5700.... oops.... :what:

anyway, i will follow somebody said (in this forum, can't who remember already), use my best budget to get the best i can have, then go n improve my skills~ :light:

Status
Not open for further replies.