dc for sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirit

Nov 15, 2002
Visit site
hi all,

wish to know is there such a thing called a lag between snapping the photo and pressing the button. coz i noticed when i try my frens dc to capture something in action, there is a momentary lag n thus resulting in getting the undesired photo.
perhaps , u guys can advice me a model which minimise on this problem. my budget is abt $800.

thnx

I can't recommend a camera for under S$800 that will solve that problem, but I can confirm that yes, all cameras have shutter lags. They range for anything up to half a second for the earliest digital cameras, to a quarter of a second for entry level film SLRs, and about a 20th of a second for current top of the line DSLRs like the EOS1D and the D1.

Ultimately it's all about anticipation, getting used to the sport and knowing it inside out. And if you really are serious about sport as your main priority, then you're better off looking for a film SLR, as opposed to a point and shoot digital.

Hi Jed,

being new, then what kind of budget would u recommend? i was thinking abt $1,300. what model would u suggest.

thnx

Hmm, what kind of budget do I recommend? A very high one!

Sport is sadly one of those things that to do well, you need a reasonable outlay of kit. For S$1300, you could possibly get a combination of useful things but it'd all have to be film based and you'd probably have to limit yourself to shooting in the daylight. Try a mid level body, 2nd hand if necessary (EOS 30/50, Nikon F80/90x). For a lens, either go for a 70-300 or possibly if you're only interested in field sports then a 400/5.6 instead. Later add a 80-200 to that when your budget improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.