Data Cable

deepanshus

May 26, 2009
Singapore
Hi...my Data Cable withg Nikon d90 snapped in the middle, not sure how but must have caught in the door or drawer or somewhere.

Any idea how much for a new data cable and what should i go around asking for?

from what i understand, its just a normal USB cale...so whats special and how much would it cost.

Sorry for souding so lame :confused:

DeepS

Hi...my Data Cable withg Nikon d90 snapped in the middle, not sure how but must have caught in the door or drawer or somewhere.

Any idea how much for a new data cable and what should i go around asking for?

from what i understand, its just a normal USB cale...so whats special and how much would it cost.

Sorry for souding so lame :confused:

DeepS

quite cheap la.. less than 10 dollars

Take the cable and go to Sim Lim. Shops in 5th and 6th level sell all the small bits and pieces for low prices. It's a standard USB cable, just check the connectors.

If you use an external portable harddisk, the same USB cable can be used to connect to your camera.

HTH.

Cheers!

Yeah, it's a standard USB - mini USB cable. Comes with most portable HDD and MP3 players. Even my Nokia E51 is using the same cable.

Should cost S$5-10 in shops.

thanks folks...i suspected the same...but what is that round thing at the end of the cable?? i have a portable harddisk cable but it has no such round thing.

anyidea whats that for?

DeepS

That usually a magnet coil, to reduce interference. Not really necessary most of the time.

That usually a magnet coil, to reduce interference. Not really necessary most of the time.

It's necessary for passing the required EMC tests so that the product can sell in the market though.. ;p

Is a ferrite cube.....is a good to have as reduces interference.