D800 No Focus Beep Sound

Yanz73

Jan 2, 2011
Somewhere near the equator
Juz discovered my D800 no focus beep sound on AF-S single and live view. However there is beep sound in timer mode. Any of you guys encounter these problems? Thnks in advance..

ortega said:
I would rather my camera did not make the beep sound

Same here, every time I have a new camera, that's the first thing I off in menu setting, also the image review too :)

Agreed Sir, that is exactly what I did when I got my camera 2 months ago. Then today hand itchy started to turn on the beep sound but no sound came out. Wandered if it is a defect or the camera had adapted to my style of shooting minus the beep....

If u set multiple af points, no beep sound. Only if u set single af point then u get ur beep.

Tried still no beep sound. However discovered that sound can only be produced if autofocus in custom setting menu is being set to 'Focus' instead of 'Release'. Referred back to manual but did not state anything about this. Hmmm.....

Tried still no beep sound. However discovered that sound can only be produced if autofocus in custom setting menu is being set to 'Focus' instead of 'Release'. Referred back to manual but did not state anything about this. Hmmm.....

Please reset your setting and re-try again, cause my D300s to be facing the same problem and end up bring back to NSC.

This sounds correct.
If focus priority is set to "release", I would assume that the camera wouldn't make any beep sound.

If that is the only "problem" you're facing, seems too trivial to warrant a trip to NSC :)

It will only beep in AF-S mode and when set to "Focus".

Why fret over something you don't even use to begin with?

I off the beep sound as soon as i got my hands on the newly bought camera..
:bsmilie:

Got a reply from NSC regarding this issue. Like what I discovered and quoted by Zoom3, setting should be set to 'focus' instead of 'release'. Relieved its not an issue after all. Thnks guys for all the feedbacks. :D