D80 Battery Grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree because my hand is pretty big, but I guess for people with moderate hand size, the D80 is quite a 'big' camera to hold. Using the Grip is also quite heavy for some people I guess.

I think the quality of the release button could be more firm, as it is way too easy to push it unintentionally.

Despite the cons, I think the grip becomes part of my purchasing criteria in purchasing of bodies in the future, I don't think I'll ever buy a body that doesn't have an 'official' grip designed for it from now on.

Oh, just for fun sake, it seemed that new stock for D80 'grip' is depleting fast, it may become a 'collectable' item soon... :lovegrin:

they'll roll out more stock, the D90 uses the same grip.

juz laid my hands on 1.

apparently there are still quite a few shops with quite a few pieces available.

and after mounting it and doing a few test shots, i must say, i am really happy i got the real thing, instead of a clone.

worth it!

Btw guys, can I know how much u guys get the grip for D90 and where? One shop quoted me $200. Any other place can get cheaper?

was finding friend in Funan so went in AP to ask the price of D80/D90 grip, since i was intending to buy 1. After much hassling, final price $293.

Lolx. Told him about the price range found in CS and tell me ,"don't believe rubbish on the net."

i think 200 is pretty alright. Where did u get ur price?

I cant help it but after seeing that fellow CS got quote $293 for the batt grip for D80/90

I gotten my MB-D80 from funan AP 1 year ago, got it for $185, even nikon singapore put the RRP at $234.69. so i dont think u should pay anything higher than the RRP.

and personal experiance using the grip is that it is MORE comfortable to shot in portrait mode with the grip, ever gone to those even like super import nite without my grip and after 1hr or so ended with a very sore wrist.

hmmm, im planning on getting the batt pack too, actually im torn between getting this and a new tripod with a ballhead..
cause my current tripod is a little iffy, it always runs and i have to frame higher to compose the shot again..
which would you guys reccomend i get first?

hmmm, im planning on getting the batt pack too, actually im torn between getting this and a new tripod with a ballhead..
cause my current tripod is a little iffy, it always runs and i have to frame higher to compose the shot again..

Which WOULD YOU need more?

A tripod for landscape or nature??

Or a grip so that you can shoot portrait orientation and better balance?

tripod

i probably going to get a tripod tommor.. =)

I have a grip, but only use once. I feel that the grip are more for studio, Not for people walking area and shoot.:)

was finding friend in Funan so went in AP to ask the price of D80/D90 grip, since i was intending to buy 1. After much hassling, final price $293.

Lolx. Told him about the price range found in CS and tell me ,"don't believe rubbish on the net."

i think 200 is pretty alright. Where did u get ur price?
He's trying to rip you off...

My friend just got a batt grip for his D90 from AP Funan for $195 last weekend...

I thought only those higher end models ie.D200 and above needs battery grips. I never knew it can be so useful!

He's trying to rip you off...

My friend just got a batt grip for his D90 from AP Funan for $195 last weekend...

Exactly..Lucky i do surf clubsnap often so i do have a rough gauge of it..Its the fat guy with dye hair..And he got a bad..REAL BAD attitude.

I find that most salesperson would use the "No money still ask for what" attitude on u shld u say no. But most of us ain't poor. just that we don't wanna be treated like fools..

Exactly..Lucky i do surf clubsnap often so i do have a rough gauge of it..Its the fat guy with dye hair..And he got a bad..REAL BAD attitude.

I find that most salesperson would use the "No money still ask for what" attitude on u shld u say no. But most of us ain't poor. just that we don't wanna be treated like fools..
That's why I don't shop at AP, prefer to shop at John 3:16...

Sure, their prices might be slightly higher than AP, but at least their service is much better (I think its the best around) and they don't rip you off...

there are some shops in SLS, that are very honest with their prices. I got my telephoto from this shop at lvl 1 SLS (not AP or any of the popular shops) but one of those that many think will chop pple. i spoke to the most butcher-ish looking sales person there, he was very honest in quoting me prices. i was just looking around that day, chatted for a while and left. i went around asking, and went home.

i went back to that shop the nxt day, and bought from him. he wasnt very friendly. he wasnt the type that will chat too much. he looks like the ah beng leader. but he was honest. and one thing that struck me the deepest was this sentence he said: " most shops here try to earn as much as they can. its only natural. they will talk to foreigners more because they are most likely not sure of local prices, and will be the easiest to chop. locals, they wun do so much, unless we dun like your face, or your attitude." its not the right sales attitude. but think about it. how many of them are educated enough like john, to know, and to cherish the value of proper sales services?

there are some shops in SLS, that are very honest with their prices. I got my telephoto from this shop at lvl 1 SLS (not AP or any of the popular shops) but one of those that many think will chop pple. i spoke to the most butcher-ish looking sales person there, he was very honest in quoting me prices. i was just looking around that day, chatted for a while and left. i went around asking, and went home.

i went back to that shop the nxt day, and bought from him. he wasnt very friendly. he wasnt the type that will chat too much. he looks like the ah beng leader. but he was honest. and one thing that struck me the deepest was this sentence he said: " most shops here try to earn as much as they can. its only natural. they will talk to foreigners more because they are most likely not sure of local prices, and will be the easiest to chop. locals, they wun do so much, unless we dun like your face, or your attitude." its not the right sales attitude. but think about it. how many of them are educated enough like john, to know, and to cherish the value of proper sales services?
Food for though there... :)

CP peninsula quoted me $180.
I believe they had no stock when my friend asked last weekend...

Price is around there. $293 is definitely chopping price...

I have a grip, but only use once. I feel that the grip are more for studio, Not for people walking area and shoot.:)

Not really... i use my camera and grip for street shooting.

Not really... i use my camera and grip for street shooting.

Yes, I ever see people do that but only once. I prefer carry a spare battery instead.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.