D7100 out soon or off the cards?

waynem

Sep 29, 2006
Any guesses about the D7100 coming out?

The D7000 are being heavily discounted so they are about to become obsolete I think.

D5200 has some nice specs but I cant help feel it wants to be a SLR/HDvideo transformer camera.

D600 are great but over my level of skill/requirement.

So do I wait for new 7100 or get a cheap 7000 and maybe a new lens...??

D7000 will not become obsolete when a new model is released. You should actually try the camera yourself and you will know what I mean. It has great capabilities and should last many more years.

If in your shoe, I will go ahead with the D7000, and buy some good lenses to go with it. I have not heard of anyone that regretted purchasing the D7000. People only sell it away when they upgrade to FX or give up hobby. I personally will not upgrade APSC to APSC camera. Put those money to lenses if you really need to spend them.

Oh yes it will be obsolete soon, and D7100 will certainly be out soon. And then D7200 will also be out from about 18 months after that.

Better wait till D7450 when technology is really mature and no more updates in 18-24 months.

The fact is, all cameras go obsolete when you take it out of the box. New camera will come shortly, sometimes as short as 8 months.

If you want to avoid heartache with new cam intro, buy used. But you have to watch out for poor conditions pieces...

Aiya. Wait la.

There is opportunity cost when waiting.

Just go ahead buy a second hand.

Invest in lenses instead. rarely obsolete

The D7000 is still a definite great cam to have!

Just take a look at the D90, 4 yrs on and still going strong!

Usually for imaging, its technology outgrows the users instead.

Thanks Guys.

Think your all right, will look at a D7000 used if I can or discounted new and lens instead of waiting for a new version then not having enough spending money for a new lens.

nikon doesn't seems to refresh it's cam as often as C.
but d7k has been out for a while, a replacement model might be in the pipeline.

dun change cam body, chase lenses.
lenses hold their value better anytime any day.

i would suggest get 1 now, and spend more on lenses

even if they announce a new replacement for d7k now, it would probably b a couple more mths before it's available

Last edited:
It is better not to think about resale value... but rather think about the value of the memories and the enjoyment you get out of the camera.

2nd hand Nikon D7000 dSLRs are going for practically peanuts now. If I don't have a dSLR now, it is definitely something I would consider seriously.

I'd rather worry what lenses to buy.

which one is better, D7k or D5200? depends on value..

ameh11 said:
which one is better, D7k or D5200? depends on value..

Newly launch camera always have better technology...😏
But the D7k and the new D5200 are not in the same target market.

I won't bet on it yet, someone told me D7100 coming out beginning of this year, but till now nothing still. and like luna_sea83 said, D90 still selling outside. don't think they will retire this model so soon. Importantly, just get 1 and start shooting. The price now is good comparing to when I got mine in Dec 2010.

Last edited: