D700 price cut?

Better to wait for the reviews. So far from what I have heard, is that D800 is a lot more unforgiving than the D700, in minimum shutter speed and shake, autofocus as well as exposure. And a few wedding togs overseas with D800 saying that while it is good for pre-weds, it is not suitable for AD.

yes, I think most of us need to re-look at our own basic shooting technique and spend more time perfecting this skill all over again.

as for AD, perhaps the file size is way too big. hurhurhur :bsmilie: well i can't be sure as i do not know their shooting style.

if it is me, definitely way too big as I diedie shoot only in RAW. :embrass:

it will come down once more D800 are in stock, especially so when D800's ISO performance seems to be equal, if not better than, D700's.

Precisely why I said "long haul" as I don't see that happening over the next few months...

As for which is a better body? Depends on individual needs/wants.

Last edited:
daredevil123 said:
It is almost a 2k difference at this point in time.

Really?

D700 - 3000
D800 - 4400

Unless d700 is below 3k now.

Really?

D700 - 3000
D800 - 4400

Unless d700 is below 3k now.

The above example applies only to local context. Yes, D700 can be obtain below 3k, but not locally.

Even so, if you use local context, 1.4K is still a great difference... you can toss in a brand new SB910 + 85/1.8G and maybe squeeze in a 50/1.8G with a bit of top up .... something worth thinking about. If the difference is like 700-800, I'm sure a great number wouldn't mind just take the D800, but it isn't... Each to his/her own I guess. Much like why D90 is still selling despite being "overtaken" by D7000 - this, coming from one of the reputable shops.

Last edited:
And imagine pple are still selling 2.3-2.7k in bns section.. Haiz

2.5K hahaha! Daredevil123, you have opened a can of worms... :bsmilie: I do believe a number of peeps have gotten at that price or slightly higher... but still way cheaper than 3K... N-E-W

Sorry folks, not locally of course... Although we hope it will come down to that price SOONER...

I got mine new at 2.5k ;)

And imagine pple are still selling 2.3-2.7k in bns section.. Haiz

Wah, at this price I think I skip the D800 and buy the D700. Can tell me where?
Thanks.

Oooh mannn...:thumbsup:...What-A-Good-Buy...I seriously think (...for those who wanted to move up to a FF-body...!!!) can grab this now if it's local price:heart:...compared to the time I bought mine was like.....$$:cry:$$...!!!!!!:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Wah, at this price I think I skip the D800 and buy the D700. Can tell me where?
Thanks.

JB. angsana plaza . Usually each shop keep one set only. Can try your luck. BBB virus for you....

Last edited:
2.5K hahaha! Daredevil123, you have opened a can of worms... :bsmilie: I do believe a number of peeps have gotten at that price or slightly higher... but still way cheaper than 3K... N-E-W

Sorry folks, not locally of course... Although we hope it will come down to that price SOONER...

This when the D700 was at its lowest price almost a year ago. Price for D700 has since gone up to around 2.7k and even at this price, almost the entire MY is out of stock of the D700. Good luck finding one.

JB. angsana plaza . Usually each shop keep one set only. Can try your luck. BBB virus for you....

Out of stock nowadays. Usually each shop carries two or three sets back in the day.

Zero, Zilch, Nada, Kosong, Tak Ada and this was the last status since Saturday (Angsana)... D700 drought for some 3 mths or so. Well, since they have brought in D4 and D800/E yesterday and today, maybe there are new stock? Have to check though...

Last edited:
not locally dun need to compare

just like bns 70-200vr2 all wanna sell more than brand new price in HK.....me every mth go HK tink can buy and sell here for profit....maybe put 2 days old un-open set for sale $2800 ...warranty left: 11 mth 28 days lolxxx

Well... JB is practically just a city next door... If you're in the USA...that's just a simple 3hr cross border trip to the neighbouring state (reachable by public transport not including taxi).

Like if you're staying in Changi Village wanting to buy a used camera from a guy living in Jurong West... Surely you don't need to buy even a BUDGET plane ticket (parachute needed) or stay in Jurong at least for one night for that simple task right?

"Locally" is a pretty subjective term in my opinion... ;) As long as you don't need to swim for even one km... it's local enough for me... hehehe. :bsmilie:

Anyway, that's just FYI only, if you want to stay strictly in-country... perfectly okay man, we just have to wait long long when the prices do come down.

And ahem... if you prefer to buy the cheapest budget air ticket + 1 night stay in HK just to get 70-200 VRII... also up to you lah! :bsmilie:

P/S: what I'm trying to say is... I won't.

PPS: anyway, it is still moot to discuss sub 3K pricings at this moment, not until you can get actual stocks in JB at the moment. So, no choice - one is still left with 3K option locally.

Last edited:
not locally dun need to compare

just like bns 70-200vr2 all wanna sell more than brand new price in HK.....me every mth go HK tink can buy and sell here for profit....maybe put 2 days old un-open set for sale $2800 ...warranty left: 11 mth 28 days lolxxx
if u're always goin to HK, then yes, it is to your advantage.

y not u start a professional mass seller a/c with CS? maybe in a time to come, u can recoup ur expenses and make a substantial profit.

if u're always goin to HK, then yes, it is to your advantage.

y not u start a professional mass seller a/c with CS? maybe in a time to come, u can recoup ur expenses and make a substantial profit.

Agree... if always going HK regularly, then it's worth it! Not for those who doesn't.