D700 price cut?

This kind of reply, this kind of bogus messages. I'd seen many coming from very few individual. One after another, but nvr together in the same period. I've not been here long enough to know before 2010, but I had seen the same tone, same habit under 4 different names. Once I seen his first few post I will ignore Liao. Let's get back to topic.

I doubt sg will face a drop in D700 price until D800 is readily available in the market. If u need one now, u try try ur luck in BnS or 2nd hand store. If u have contacts, JB sources might have but very limited. I miss a deal last weekend but lucky durian drop on me (metaphorically). A bro sold me his 3yr old D700 at a unbelievable price.

oic. i just thought that the CSer could be someone who is very new and very much into the new gears.

will take note. thanks for the update! :)

Cheesecake said:
upon checking Nikon Japan's webby, i realised that D700 is no longer in the product line-up page.

here

i wonder if D700 has been discontinued?

anyone has any info on this?

Not in Japan due to new regulations of electronics. Particular to batteries I think. Enel-3e and enel-4a does not comply (exposed connector) hence they can't produce them. I think it has got to link to D700 as well.

Funny thing....if you guys willing to folk out $3~4k just for a camera body....then I just felt the few hundred bucks different will not justify the missed opportunity.....people who want to buy D700...they will buy it when it was launched 3 yrs ago at > $3k.....so is people who is eying for D800 today.....I don't think they will chicken out even it costed $4~5k.....or they would have gotten a D700 instead at half the price.....and then 3 years later.....same story repeat....they will be someone posting "wah....siao gong kia paying $5k for a D800" when they can buy D900 at $6k.....so it's a endless loop :hung::hung:

Funny thing....if you guys willing to folk out $3~4k just for a camera body....then I just felt the few hundred bucks different will not justify the missed opportunity.....people who want to buy D700...they will buy it when it was launched 3 yrs ago at > $3k.....so is people who is eying for D800 today.....I don't think they will chicken out even it costed $4~5k.....or they would have gotten a D700 instead at half the price.....and then 3 years later.....same story repeat....they will be someone posting "wah....siao gong kia paying $5k for a D800" when they can buy D900 at $6k.....so it's a endless loop :hung::hung:

the thing is... most CSers here felt that the price disparity between the US and SG is far too great.

not forgetting the severe shortage of camera bodies.

those who need it badly or want it badly, would have gotten their hands on a set or, next in the waiting list.

buy, think most will still buy. price might not be one of the main considerations but rather, waiting to see if there are any 'hidden issues' with the first batch of D800.

while waiting, if the price do indeed drop to a more 'realistic' level, then why not? :bsmilie:

i belong to the 'wait for price to stabilise' group. :bsmilie:

Not in Japan due to new regulations of electronics. Particular to batteries I think. Enel-3e and enel-4a does not comply (exposed connector) hence they can't produce them. I think it has got to link to D700 as well.

but..

isn't D700 all made in Japan to begin with?

sorry, i've sold my D700s long long ago. not much remembrance.

upon checking Nikon Japan's webby, i realised that D700 is no longer in the product line-up page.

here

i wonder if D700 has been discontinued?

anyone has any info on this?

D300s and D700 have to be "discontinued" from the Japan website, because some new Japanese law made their battery illegal.

Does D700 stocks from MY comes directly from HK or Japan? I have a reason for asking this...

I see... so whether MY or Sg have stocks or not depends if HK sends them any. Thanks!

The difference of 1k between d700 and d800 is close, so i think it's better to get d800 for the long run...

That is when the price of d800 is around 4k while d700 is still 3k.

I meant local distribution channel, not parallel...

Well, it boils down to what is marked on the Warranty card... If HK, I'm sure there will be a HK marked on it somewhere...

there might be stock but retailers might not be that keen to take them for various reasons.

in the Availability of D800 thread, some CSers were told by certain shops as to why they only have 1 or 2 D800.

u might want to check that thread.

there might be stock but retailers might not be that keen to take them for various reasons.

in the Availability of D800 thread, some CSers were told by certain shops as to why they only have 1 or 2 D800.

u might want to check that thread.

Coz, to take in D800 and/or D4, they have to also take in an aircraft carrier load of little Coolpixies... This is something to be sorted out between the dist and shops themselves. As for D700, the wait for falling price is for the long haul...

Last edited:
Coz, to take in D800 and/or D4, they have to also take in an aircraft carrier load of little Coolpixies... This is something to be sorted out between the dist and shops themselves. As for D700, the wait for falling price is for the long haul...

it will come down once more D800 are in stock, especially so when D800's ISO performance seems to be equal, if not better than, D700's.

The difference of 1k between d700 and d800 is close, so i think it's better to get d800 for the long run...

That is when the price of d800 is around 4k while d700 is still 3k.

It is almost a 2k difference at this point in time.

it will come down once more D800 are in stock, especially so when D800's ISO performance seems to be equal, if not better than, D700's.

Better to wait for the reviews. So far from what I have heard, is that D800 is a lot more unforgiving than the D700, in minimum shutter speed and shake, autofocus as well as exposure. And a few wedding togs overseas with D800 saying that while it is good for pre-weds, it is not suitable for AD.