D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

D600 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I won't be happy even if it doesn't affect the image much given that it is a expensive camera and non of the cheaper Nikon camera has this major an issue with dust.

I am holding back my purchase until they fix this damn issue.

Technically D600 is a cheap camera. It's the cost of the sensor and design that makes it expensive.

Considering a DX D100 at $3.6K 9 years back, and a FX D600 at $2.9K now, it's not really considered expensive.

Camera makers can be happy their customers believe that. :D

Compared to what a D100/200/300 cost in the days of DX. D600 is very cheap.

That is technology advancement. In 1998, 32 inch LCD TV cost >$20,000.00. Now LED cost < $1,000.00

Electrocam said:
That is technology advancement. In 1998, 32 inch LCD TV cost >$20,000.00. Now LED cost < $1,000.00

I like how people use the term LED TV even though they don't exist. ;-)

Last edited:
Went to Sitex this morning and ask around abt the D600 dust problem at nikon booth.
They said the problem mainly for USA and small portion of Spore ones. But this is solved already according to him.
Not sure how true but he looks unhappy though with the question

eatang said:
Went to Sitex this morning and ask around abt the D600 dust problem at nikon booth.
They said the problem mainly for USA and small portion of Spore ones. But this is solved already according to him.

Surprisingly they removed the D600 demo set from their booth today. Not sure why, maybe just sold out already.

Hmm... Can see from the Dpreview forum, quite a lot of them got this issue. But the magnitude could be similar to Singapore, no ? Singapore is a much smaller market.

Dusty problem already solved ? Only bros who buy the recent batch can verify, or new shipment will arrive in another month ?

Can understand his feeling, he got all the questions due to the Thailand QC problem.

Last edited:

Maybe because he's answered the questions thousands of times and his boss rejected his idea of using a pre-recorded message.

ageha said:
Surprisingly they removed the D600 demo set from their booth today. Not sure why, maybe just sold out already.

False alarm ;-), they just moved their single D600 to the other side of their booth. :p So tempting but the debris issue tells me I should wait...

Last edited:
False alarm ;-), they just moved their single D600 to the other side of their booth. :p So tempting but the debris issue tells me I should wait...

Same.. same.. I'm a bit sceptical that from the sales guy that the problem has been resolved.

My heart is tempting... tempting... but my head says patient... patient...

How is the crowd, and at Nikon booth ? Thinking of going tomorrow, but too crowded then no point.

blueblood said:
Same.. same.. I'm a bit sceptical that from the sales guy that the problem has been resolved.

My heart is tempting... tempting... but my head says patient... patient...

How is the crowd, and at Nikon booth ? Thinking of going tomorrow, but too crowded then no point.

The staff is from Harvey Norman so I doubt he really has some Nikon insider knowledge.

Just now it was slightly less crowded than yesterday around lunch time but it should ramp up when the masses leaving their offices. It will be crazy tomorrow.

just for info.
this is my second d600.. got the set yesterday.
look at the dust/oil after 20 sc...
image 2 for showing how it looks like at f14 on my first set of d600..
image 3 100% top left, can see even more dust effect... :D
dont ask me why f14. I was lazy enough and it was on P mode... lol

d600dustafter20shot.jpg

dsc04452w.jpg

100% top left
dsc04453lx.jpg

dsc04454k.jpg

Last edited:
just for info.

d600dustafter20shot.jpg

dsc04452w.jpg

100% top left
dsc04453lx.jpg

dsc04454k.jpg

Now I'm super sure the dust problem is over hyped.

just for info.

d600dustafter20shot.jpg

dsc04452w.jpg

100% top left
dsc04453lx.jpg

dsc04454k.jpg

omg i got the dust spot on the same location as yours... sighh

Now I'm super sure the dust problem is over hyped.

depends on how individual look at this...
:D
my first d600 is hitting 3k shutter.. 3 times cleaning, dust still coming. :D
and the worse... due to blowing using rocket... the dust now stuck in the viewfinder... (dun blow too much...)
for the photo.. still a lot of dust around.. i am only highlighting top left...

some people really dun mind to add a few birds on the photo then use software to free the birds... lol
(i tot it was a bird too until i saw the issue online and looked closely on my photo.. lol)

Why is that?

This kind of dust exists in most DSLRs after usage, so isn't it over-hyped if one has to start a thread on it? Not saying it's wrong, but can see user's acceptance level is very low. Even my old D2X also exhibits the same dust 'issue' explained here, and it's weather sealed too. What's less my D4.

depends on how individual look at this...
:D
my first d600 is hitting 3k shutter.. 3 times cleaning, dust still coming. :D
and the worse... due to blowing using rocket... the dust now stuck in the viewfinder... (dun blow too much...)
for the photo.. still a lot of dust around.. i am only highlighting top left...

some people really dun mind to add a few birds on the photo then use software to free the birds... lol
(i tot it was a bird too until i saw the issue online and looked closely on my photo.. lol)

Issue is how many really uploads images at 1920 x 1600 (HD) onto the web? Or even does big prints at 2m x 3m to really call this an issue.

Even if you do, a quick clone/heal will get it all over and done with with minimal impact to the image itself. That's why I'm calling it over-hyped. I got scared off when I saw this thread forming and I didn't bother to read, thinking D600 has some major flaw that causes very bad dust problem. After watching the video and life shots of others, I can only go "wah lao... you call this 'dust issue'?"

If this is an issue, my D4 would have been sent to NSC everyday and started a thread 'D4 Do You Have Spot/Oil Issue?'. Thus that's why I say it's over-hyped.

Maybe like what you say too, it's up to individual's perception. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.