D40 with 2 SB800

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwtan12

Jan 25, 2007
Sin
I just got another SB800 thinking to use it as slave flash. I trying following the manual but catch no ball on how to do it. Can anyone here explain in a simpler way on how to set commander and slave flash on two SB800?

I just got another SB800 thinking to use it as slave flash. I trying following the manual but catch no ball on how to do it. Can anyone here explain in a simpler way on how to set commander and slave flash on two SB800?

Ok here it goes,
1) Hold down the "SEL" button on the SB-800 for a few seconds and you'll come to a menu
2) Use the direction keys to move to the top right item (picture of 2 flashes)
3) Press "SEL" button to select the item and you'll be presented with another menu
a) OFF
b) Master
c) Master (RPT)
d) Remote
e) SU-4

4) Simply select the "Master" option.
5) Repeat step 1 to 3 for the 2nd SB-800 but for step 4, select "Remote" instead
6) Now you are ready to go, just mount the "Master" on your camera and setup your "Remote" somewhere near.
7) Fire away and enjoy your CLS setup :)

Hope this helps

Do remember to set to the correct group and channel as well.... ;)

Thanks!! I will try it tonight when I get home. May post some more questions if still fail. Very frustrating when cannot get it done.

Do remember to set to the correct group and channel as well.... ;)

Wow.. you are are better than the manual. I managed to do it now. Going to make a box and shoot soon.

Another question. How to make the Master to stop flashing?

Wow.. you are are better than the manual. I managed to do it now. Going to make a box and shoot soon.

Another question. How to make the Master to stop flashing?

Set it to -- for flash value on M (by pressing Mode) + / - will only help in changing the flash ev.

;)

Hi jus to check is wireless flash possible with a SB-600?

Status
Not open for further replies.