D4 User Thread

Do factor in 7% GST when you stuff costing above S$400 (inclusive of shipping charges) arrives.

That's why I ordered them separately.

Yep. Drop the bomb. Waiting for my next event shoot to utilized it.

Ya . I intend to get one too for my expensive hobby.
Sometime I hope there is no clubsnap forum that make my got poison in photography.. Haha..

Ya . I intend to get one too for my expensive hobby.
Sometime I hope there is no clubsnap forum that make my got poison in photography.. Haha..

Lol, if any thing I need from the D4 dearly, it would be the megapixel and dual slot. If D600 were to be build like a pro body layout and lesser megapixel, I would had saved a ton of money.....

Lol, if any thing I need from the D4 dearly, it would be the megapixel and dual slot. If D600 were to be build like a pro body layout and lesser megapixel, I would had saved a ton of money.....

The D600 isn't that bad. Been using it a while over my D4.

Called a D800.....

Lol, I have a D800... Needed a D4 to save my development time and hard disk space... Since I only shoot RAW, 60gig a wedding is just too much.... And D600 body just don't cut it, files are still too big..

hey fellow D4ers, please take note there is a new firmware released yesterday. You can download here D4 firmware A: 1.05 / B:1.03 :thumbsup:

Modification with firmware includes:
- Support for the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR has been added.
- Auto white balance performance has been improved.
- Images are sharper and appear more three dimensional.
- With live view photography in [M] (Manual) exposure mode, exposure preview was always on. This issue has been resolved.
- With shooting at an image quality setting of TIFF (RGB) and an image size setting of Small, the right edge of images contained a purple line. This issue has been resolved.
- In some rare cases, images recorded in JPEG format could not be opened by some software applications. This issue has been resolved.
- In some very rare cases, colors would change with shooting when white balance was set to a specific color temperature, as with Preset manual or Choose color temp. This issue has been resolved.

Modifications enabled with this upgrade of firmware, release date January 29, 2013

- Subject tracking performance in AF-C (continuous-servo autofocus) autofocus mode with framing using the viewfinder has been improved.

Forget to thanks you..........................:)

hey fellow D4ers, please take note there is a new firmware released yesterday. You can download here D4 firmware A: 1.05 / B:1.03 :thumbsup:

Modification with firmware includes:
- Support for the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR has been added.
- Auto white balance performance has been improved.
- Images are sharper and appear more three dimensional.
- With live view photography in [M] (Manual) exposure mode, exposure preview was always on. This issue has been resolved.
- With shooting at an image quality setting of TIFF (RGB) and an image size setting of Small, the right edge of images contained a purple line. This issue has been resolved.
- In some rare cases, images recorded in JPEG format could not be opened by some software applications. This issue has been resolved.
- In some very rare cases, colors would change with shooting when white balance was set to a specific color temperature, as with Preset manual or Choose color temp. This issue has been resolved.

Modifications enabled with this upgrade of firmware, release date January 29, 2013

- Subject tracking performance in AF-C (continuous-servo autofocus) autofocus mode with framing using the viewfinder has been improved.

Sharper and more 3D? That's some claim by Nikon!

Sharper and more 3D? That's some claim by Nikon!

The algorithm is pretty weird on the D4, I adjusted the tuning for sharpness by 2 notches right, and I find the end result pretty sharp? I eventually fine adjusted the sharpness on the menu down 1 notch from the center and leave it to PP to adjust the sharpness.

Am I the only one?

The algorithm is pretty weird on the D4, I adjusted the tuning for sharpness by 2 notches right, and I find the end result pretty sharp? I eventually fine adjusted the sharpness on the menu down 1 notch from the center and leave it to PP to adjust the sharpness.

Am I the only one?

If you process RAW, then the sharpness setting in Picture styles does not have any impact whatsoever.

I just got my Nikon D4 and would like to ask seniors here about 24-70mm, to be used with the D4.

Should I go for Nikkor 24-70 F2.8 or Tamron 24-70 F2.8? I am doing low light sports photography, but undecided on which brand. Looking at quality images, and have heard good reviews on both. Thanks!

Last edited:
There is a thread specifically on this Tamron lens elsewhere. For low light sports, VR may not help as you want faster shutter speeds. Better to get the Nikon.

If you process RAW, then the sharpness setting in Picture styles does not have any impact whatsoever.

I shoot RAW + JPEG. I'm referring to the JPEGs.

I shoot RAW + JPEG. I'm referring to the JPEGs.

Hmm.. I shoot RAW + JPEG but I seldom take note of the JPEGs... only use those in a pinch.

BTW I just updated the firmware to 1.05. And I honestly felt the picture now look sharper and more "3D" in my JPEGs... is my mind playing tricks on me? WB is definitely improved.

Hmm.. I shoot RAW + JPEG but I seldom take note of the JPEGs... only use those in a pinch.

BTW I just updated the firmware to 1.05. And I honestly felt the picture now look sharper and more "3D" in my JPEGs... is my mind playing tricks on me? WB is definitely improved.

IMO, the best lens to test this is with the 85 1.4G. The "pop" from the photos are incredible ..... if only I have a D4 ;)

Just FYI, I ordered two pieces of 32GB H-series separately, with shipping from Amazon, end up is about $600.

Tried to order them from amazon as well. However, they do not ship to Singapore. May I ask how u got round the shipping problem ?

On the other hand, the card reader can be shipped ?!? Thanks