D4 User Thread

Hacker

Dec 6, 2005
Cyberspace
Just wondering why there is no D4 user thread.

I am hoping to get one in the next month ! Although the D4S is rumoured round the corner .....

Just wondering why there is no D4 user thread.

There is now, what you need to know ? :)

I am hoping to get one in the next month ! Although the D4S is rumoured round the corner .....

OCT/NOV 2013 Annoumcement... Don't expect it till Xmas 2013 - Jan 2014.. and I hope it does what the D3S did to the D3..... I Never get the first generation within series... ;)

OCT/NOV 2013 Annoumcement... Don't expect it till Xmas 2013 - Jan 2014.. and I hope it does what the D3S did to the D3..... I Never get the first generation within series... ;)

That has been weighing in my mind..... The D4S better no be a 40/50MP monster :confused:

Very expectant myself !

Last edited:
When I had to send my D800E for calibration, I asked about whether to send the D4 in. Apparently, NSC claimed that there is no advisory regarding the left focusing issue. In addition, they do not have any equipment to calibrate the D4. Just wondering why as the forums are full of this issue.

That has been weighing in my mind..... The D4S better no be a 40/50MP monster :confused:

Very expectant myself !

no lah.. that'll be the D4X... 36mpx with better than D800 performance.. Sept / Oct. Canon will however do a 42+ Mpx Monster before this ! Stay tuned ;)

D4S Just more refined D4. :) The D3 >>> D3S was a major diff !! IMO.

no lah.. that'll be the D4X... 36mpx with better than D800 performance.. Sept / Oct. Canon will however do a 42+ Mpx Monster before this ! Stay tuned ;)

D4S Just more refined D4. :) The D3 >>> D3S was a major diff !! IMO.

Hahah ... Indeed. But u already using D5!

I won't be too bothered by the D4S, tho' it would be no surprise it would likely arrive on shores soon.

The D4 was quite a big leap for me from my D2X (D2Xs->D3->D3S->D3X - 4 gens away!) so I'm pretty pleased, except I wished for two XQD slots. Which the D4S might have?

I'm praying that the series stick with 16mp or less. I'm getting headaches with my 24mp D600 already.

That said, I'm very happy with the D4's performance.

I won't be too bothered by the D4S, tho' it would be no surprise it would likely arrive on shores soon.

The D4 was quite a big leap for me from my D2X (D2Xs->D3->D3S->D3X - 4 gens away!) so I'm pretty pleased, except I wished for two XQD slots. Which the D4S might have?

I'm praying that the series stick with 16mp or less. I'm getting headaches with my 24mp D600 already.

That said, I'm very happy with the D4's performance.

Can one get XQD in Singapore ? At Sony stores ? Heard only good things about it, although I have not tired it personally.

Can one get XQD in Singapore ? At Sony stores ? Heard only good things about it, although I have not tired it personally.

Can get from CP and Sony I think.

It's fast, damn shiok.

The slowest xqd (h series) is slightly faster than Lexar 1000x CF. ;)

If both slots were XQD, it'd have been good.

The slowest xqd (h series) is slightly faster than Lexar 1000x CF. ;)

Thanks for the info, never knew that. Prices for the XQD are certainly eye ball popping. But there is always a price to pay for advancements, and being for firsts. And I certainly can live with that.

Speaking of XQD, it would be interesting to see if Nikon remains with the format, which will speak volumes. Loud as she (XQD) came, it has seemingly quietened since.

Which will weigh on my decision to actually purchase a card. The freebie XQD that came with purchase is no longer applicable.

If both slots were XQD, it'd have been good.

Your passion for the XQDs runs deep ! Good to know it has been a very positive experience.

Btw, may I ask if the experience stems mainly from action / sports photography ?

Your passion for the XQDs runs deep ! Good to know it has been a very positive experience.

Btw, may I ask if the experience stems mainly from action / sports photography ?

Birds mostly for me, the speed does work wonders for me.

Hacker said:
When I had to send my D800E for calibration, I asked about whether to send the D4 in. Apparently, NSC claimed that there is no advisory regarding the left focusing issue. In addition, they do not have any equipment to calibrate the D4. Just wondering why as the forums are full of this issue.

I was at Johan Camera in JB and was chatting with the counter guy. He claims that nearly every one of the D4 he sold had to go multiple times back to Nikon Malaysia for focusing issues. And still many customers complain the problem was not fixed despite the back and forth. Some one I know went back to his D3s after getting and using the D4 for a while.

PS: no I am not a C troll - I use the D800E.

I was at Johan Camera in JB and was chatting with the counter guy. He claims that nearly every one of the D4 he sold had to go multiple times back to Nikon Malaysia for focusing issues. And still many customers complain the problem was not fixed despite the back and forth. Some one I know went back to his D3s after getting and using the D4 for a while.

PS: no I am not a C troll - I use the D800E.

The D4 is only 5-10% better anyways... so save your $ :)

Dfive said:
The D4 is only 5-10% better anyways... so save your $ :)

Yup. I am waiting for the D6. But very curious about the D4 issues.