D3X official specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a new launch!

The sensor is getting bigger and bigger, approx a double jump in its size from the predecessor. As I look at the spec, its largest resolution (L): 6048x4032 px, do we really need that?

thks guys for your input in advance! :)

some do, some don't

some do, some don't

What a new launch!

The sensor is getting bigger and bigger, approx a double jump in its size from the predecessor. As I look at the spec, its largest resolution (L): 6048x4032 px, do we really need that?

thks guys for your input in advance! :)

Sensor getting bigger? No. The sensor does not get bigger. It's still a FX sensor, only the pixel count get bigger.

Do we really need that? No, most people don't need that. But yes, some people do need it.

There's a site dedicated to the new D3X

The shots are amazing... especially the details...

Check them out here: LINK

just look at that mustang....omg....:heart:

you fall in love with the mustang or D3x :think:

both...

i've been thinking of the d3x last night on bed...

is it worth paying 12k for a d3x as a companion to my d3?:dunno:

i know many have said they are for diff purpose and i think chngpe is right.
the d3x is really suited for my studio needs, since i dont even go beyond iso200 for my studio shots.

but the 24mp....darn...i just couldnt get over that.
you know i could just shoot and crop later and yet maintain a good resolution for prints!

both...

the d3x is really suited for my studio needs, since i dont even go beyond iso200 for my studio shots.

you know i could just shoot and crop later and yet maintain a good resolution for prints!

go for it, so you will have peace sleeping with it than thinking of it.

do you remember those days when you have a crush with a guy, those sleepless nights were hard to bear right :bsmilie:

not just good resolution but better in many aspects.

Indeed, at ISO 200 the shots would be stunning (as seen in the sample pix) ... but the point here is that you can do no worse with a A900 or 5D2 that costs less than half as much, or even a third.

The market is telling us that the technology is not worth so much, so i think the early birds going for the D3x will have to be prepared to stomach a big loss in value.

honestly, the d3x is targetted at the professional commercial photographers. Most of the time their works are printed big and thus the megapixel helps.

on some occasions, its all about wayang. You as the photographer need to reassure your client that you have the best equipment in the market to shoot and its worth their money. We are talking about thousands of dollars here.

most commercial pro waited for a full frame 135 DLSR from Nikon for a long time till the Canon bring out the powerful 1ds mark2 at 16 mp it is more than enough for many pro work .Why i say mark 2 and not mark1 because during mark 1 there's kodak nikon and fuji was in tough competition .

i admit most very senior commercial photographer only own nikon 135mm set of bodies and lense in the old days but during the Canon 1ds mark2 period all nikon was sold and heavy investment to canon was make , if you are them do you want to keep something which don't work for you or you start making changes in your business with product which can help you ..

and now nikon come out with a 24mp camera , it will not make a big impact, just look at the concern throughout the world regarding the form of pricing ... it is not the bodies they need to reinvest but the lenses they need to buy ...and this will be a very long consideration for all commercial photographer need to make ... if they stay on canon , quality will be around the same further more they already commited to a 30 plus mp camera but of course their camera body spec already in tip top, if they need to buy nikon it's many money involve ..so...

I was thinking the camera should price around 9k or a free pro lense to come with it if it really need to sell at 12k then maybe nikon can restart their glory with minimum hurdlers ..

share share la ...morning sick ...he he ..

:cool:

But in studio, do you need the cropping ability? Studio so controlled and usually, wide is more a problem than tele, so do you need that 24MP?

both...

But in studio, do you need the cropping ability? Studio so controlled and usually, wide is more a problem than tele, so do you need that 24MP?
she want to print a bilboard of her portrait and hangs outside fullerton. :devil:

both...

You'll probably need Hass lenses. ;p

Hi guys,

Looking at the trend of DSLR, its progress improvements, its price-tag and the norm-consumer (like me) need.

Just to share with you all my opinion and thought. ;)

It seem like the DSLR is renewing/revolving faster then the good old time film SLR. Indirectly, it has successfully attracted some of us into a habit of buying/selling/buying attitude. Not so much for the passion and efforts of taking and producing sounds pictures but more of fulfilling the internal desire, huger and wanting the best and up-to-date tools. Much of our resources $$$ just goes like that... Be careful guys and watch out to balance the needs and our own limitation. Enough is enough, there is no end to the "best of the best", tech gears upgrade faster then we can afford to follow. :nono:

please don't get offended, Cheers! :)

the 24mp is more for me to go travelling, or outdoor portraiture.

honestly, i dont even need a d3.it's just i'm a nikon freak.:p

You'll probably need Hass lenses. ;p

ya ya ya...
and you dont come telling me you wont buy d3x.
nikon sgp should already have a set for you to do field reports for CS.
i'll be patiently waiting....:)

Actually, price tags are still considered high compared to film bodies. Discounting the cost of film and processing, SLR bodies cost far cheaper than equivalent DSLRs.

Hi guys,

Looking at the trend of DSLR, its progress improvements, its price-tag and the norm-consumer (like me) need.

Just to share with you all my opinion and thought. ;)

It seem like the DSLR is renewing/revolving faster then the good old time film SLR. Indirectly, it has successfully attracted some of us into a habit of buying/selling/buying attitude. Not so much for the passion and efforts of taking and producing sounds pictures but more of fulfilling the internal desire, huger and wanting the best and up-to-date tools. Much of our resources $$$ just goes like that... Be careful guys and watch out to balance the needs and our own limitation. Enough is enough, there is no end to the "best of the best", tech gears upgrade faster then we can afford to follow. :nono:

please don't get offended, Cheers! :)

i only wait for the technology to trickle down to the consumers cameras
or for nikon freaks to get upgrade and let me look after their obsolete cameras from last year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.