D3~ what's wrong w/ mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that they have fixed up yr D3. :)
But im wondering do models like D50, D40 or D80 have this kind of incidents .

Glad that the problem is solved. Guess I better be a bit more careful :)

Glad to hear that they have fixed up yr D3. :)
But im wondering do models like D50, D40 or D80 have this kind of incidents .

not from me. seriously, as long as you shoot outdoor, won't you sweat?
totally ridiculous, to me at least.

Maybe service centers should place a glass window in their work stations so that the customers could see what's really going on inside. They can show the customers their gears and prove what they claim. This is also one way of showing how clean is their workstation. :dunno:

not gonna happen. they need to protect their own interests. and they can't let customers see that they accidentally drop your camera or accidentally stab the screwdriver into it(even if its fine afterwards). This goes for any service centre.

Maybe service centers should place a glass window in their work stations so that the customers could see what's really going on inside. They can show the customers their gears and prove what they claim. This is also one way of showing how clean is their workstation. :dunno:

Like BreakTalk let you see how they bake the roti you eat..;p

not gonna happen. they need to protect their own interests. and they can't let customers see that they accidentally drop your camera or accidentally stab the screwdriver into it(even if its fine afterwards). This goes for any service centre.

Heard that the Rolex Centre has that...

i just collected my dearest D3,e findings is not about short circuit.e reason e why e lcd and e autofocus stops because e vertical shutter button got stuck halfway.why it got stuck halfway ? here's e explanation from them,part of the mechanism beneath e vertical shutter got "corroded" because of liquid substance sipping in.in this case it's probably sweat,the service guy had fixed everything,updated e firmware,cleaned e sensor and he said normally this case is not covered by e warranty but they are not charging me a single cent.i can appreciate what e service guy hav done!:thumbsup:but e built of D3 is questionable.:dunno:

Good you got it back.

huh! what if it happens again?

i just collected my dearest D3,e findings is not about short circuit.e reason e why e lcd and e autofocus stops because e vertical shutter button got stuck halfway.why it got stuck halfway ? here's e explanation from them,part of the mechanism beneath e vertical shutter got "corroded" because of liquid substance sipping in.in this case it's probably sweat,the service guy had fixed everything,updated e firmware,cleaned e sensor and he said normally this case is not covered by e warranty but they are not charging me a single cent.i can appreciate what e service guy hav done!:thumbsup:but e built of D3 is questionable.:dunno:

That good news for you. :)

They just change the damage part, but didn't check whether is the sealing that cause the problem? But what if the problem return after the warrenty period?

Same like mine, first they said it short circuit, then change their verdict to corrosion on the next trip.

nikon state that it is sealed against dust and moisture but never mention anything about sweat.

think they just want to give a reason. there must be other things going on inside the camera. kinda hard to accept that sweat went in and spoil camera. they shoot at beaches how?? scotch tape the shutter?

Yes, I think they should.. If they dare, means they have enough control on the quality of their service engineers/techs. If the engineers/techs spoilt the device due to their own negligence, then the customer should not be made to pay for their mistakes.

might be manufacturing QC. don't think all assembly persons are 100% meticulous.. Somewhere along the process, one of them might have sweat dropping onto a part but it was not noticed or cleaned off before putting into final assembly.
DNA test.
maybe it can show whose's sweat is that from?
:p

What i don't understand is why my 1 year plus old D80 don't corroded but my less than 1 month old D300 will.

Now why TS D2x that he use for years don't corroded but now his newly brought D3 will.

The last time i went to canon service center they have this kind of transparent glass where u can look inside. Maybe Nikon can consider doing that. At least we can see what they doing inside.

Yes, I think they should.. If they dare, means they have enough control on the quality of their service engineers/techs. If the engineers/techs spoilt the device due to their own negligence, then the customer should not be made to pay for their mistakes.

I think they should oso. I send my rolex to service I can see the techs opening up my watch:bigeyes::bsmilie:

What i don't understand is why my 1 year plus old D80 don't corroded but my less than 1 month old D300 will.

Now why TS D2x that he use for years don't corroded but now his newly brought D3 will.
If there is really a problem of corrosion, then I suspect the corrosion occurs before u all bought your camera. Example, during the transportation, storage in warehouse, etc. I note that the Nikon new DSLR are now wrapped in a plain unsealed plastic bag inside the gold box, there is not even a silica gel pack to absorb excessive moisture.

If there is really a problem of corrosion, then I suspect the corrosion occurs before u all bought your camera. Example, during the transportation, storage in warehouse, etc. I note that the Nikon new DSLR are now wrapped in a plain unsealed plastic bag inside the gold box, there is not even a silica gel pack to absorb excessive moisture.
make sense

might be true.. but then again, we'll never know. Nikon would only label the moisture cases as rare, unless more of such similar cases appear. Well as avid photographers, we'll just continue to use our dear expensive cameras with utmost care. I don't believe NSC will continue to give us the same old answers to ppl like leong and TS, if such cases continue to pop out. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.