D3~ what's wrong w/ mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indaybadiday

Aug 15, 2007
recently did a few shoots,and im getting a few weird events.initially my preview wont work.after a few days it went ok.this week becomes worst my lcd wont work,eventually e autofocus wont work.and yeah it's a 3 month old camera gezzz.:sweat::sweat:anyone hav some weird experience?:sweat::sweat:

it's spoiled...i dun mind taking off ur hand for $2K

have you been nuking it in your microwave like the guy on youtube? :bsmilie:

anyways, it's still under warranty no, just send it in

how come the quality control so bad for such an expensive model...

Did you try visiting NSC yet? It definitely sounds like some contact is loose somewhere. I guess other stuff I would try is to use a different battery if you have one though it's highly unlikely that is the culprit.

When I bought my D200, the exposure was completely off. I sent it back to the shop and got a replacement. And I have used it since without any problem whatsoever for the last 2 years. Never bother to find out what caused it.

Just got my D3 last month from Hong Kong. Also upgraded to the new firmware. Did not experience any issue at all.

I guess if you bought your D3 in Singapore, it's a no brainer. Just sent it back to Nikon to check.

If you bought from overseas, you really need to seriously think about sending it back to country you purchased from to check, in case issue may not be completely resolved and you still have time to send it back again.

Good luck!!!

i was at NSC this morning,and i was surprise by the initial diagnose pf the problem,"it's a symptom of short circuit due to moisture or water sipping in"e guy was implying that i was careless.as far as i remember i never allowed this body get wet when im shooting beach abd make it a point not to change lense on the situation so i always use 2 body and fix e lense.Seriously fellow nikon user,its suppose to be one of the toughest body -this i got from
the spec
"One Tough CustomerLong the choice of professionals, Nikon SLRs are renowned for withstanding the most challenging conditions. From freezing temperatures of the arctic to the humidity of the rainforest, Nikon’s keep working long after other cameras have ceased to operate, and the D3 is built to continue this tradition. Magnesium alloy is used for the exterior cover, chassis and mirror box, while the seams and buttons of the camera body are sealed against the affects of dust and moisture"

another from e d3 site

"Countermeasures against dust, moisture and electromagnetic interference
The D3 goes the extra mile to protect against invasive moisture, dust and even electromagnetic interference. A comprehensive series of O-rings and other specialized seals, combined with additional Nikon engineering, keeps you shooting when lesser cameras would fail."

NSC says it waranty doesnt cover it,wtf man!:thumbsd:

i was at NSC this morning,and i was surprise by the initial diagnose pf the problem,"it's a symptom of short circuit due to moisture or water sipping in"e guy was implying that i was careless.as far as i remember i never allowed this body get wet when im shooting beach abd make it a point not to change lense on the situation so i always use 2 body and fix e lense.Seriously fellow nikon user,its suppose to be one of the toughest body -this i got from
the spec
"One Tough CustomerLong the choice of professionals, Nikon SLRs are renowned for withstanding the most challenging conditions. From freezing temperatures of the arctic to the humidity of the rainforest, Nikon’s keep working long after other cameras have ceased to operate, and the D3 is built to continue this tradition. Magnesium alloy is used for the exterior cover, chassis and mirror box, while the seams and buttons of the camera body are sealed against the affects of dust and moisture"

another from e d3 site

The D3 goes the extra mile to protect against invasive moisture, dust and even electromagnetic interference. A comprehensive series of O-rings and other specialized seals, combined with additional Nikon engineering, keeps you shooting when lesser cameras would fail."

Hahaha..... this is the same lame reason NSC told me when my less than a month old D300 got problem.

:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd: NSC

Hi,

Just an impression I get when reading the post. Kindly refer to D300 issues too, where one bro experienced the same problem. Cannot help but feel there are some flaws with these 2 new models. No doubt cannot compare apple and pear, but both models experienced the same problem.. moisture inside camera.

Just an observation.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376078
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357793&highlight=Nikon+D300

the spec

another from e d3 site

And so you got to pay??:bigeyes:

i have about 20000 shutter count to my d3 and i really dont have the problems listed here in this subforum.
keeping my fingers crossed.

i did not even upgrade my firmware.

i have about 20000 shutter count to my d3 and i really dont have the problems listed here in this subforum.
keeping my fingers crossed.

i did not even upgrade my firmware.
just my luck lad,w/ my d2x- i never had this problem.

And so you got to pay??:bigeyes:

e guy is giving me an impression like that,hopefully they'll give me a favourable response today.

For my case, they offer me a "very good" replacement package, but the very good package happen to be the same price if i buy on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.