Current Fixed Deposit interest rates, pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to consider foreign currency fixed deposits. For eg I've had some money in NZD FD at DBS for about a year at rates of about 6% (now 7% per annum). The FD is rolled over when it expires. During this time the NZD has also appreciated against the SGD, so you get exchange rate gains as well as interest gains. Best of all, foreign currency fixed deposits are now tax-free.

Check it out here:

http://www.dbs.com/ratesonline/fdacu.html

Here is the currency chart for NZD vs SGD last 2 years:

z

You may want to consider foreign currency fixed deposits. For eg I've had some money in NZD FD at DBS for about a year at rates of about 6% (now 7% per annum). The FD is rolled over when it expires. During this time the NZD has also appreciated against the SGD, so you get exchange rate gains as well as interest gains. Best of all, foreign currency fixed deposits are now tax-free.

Check it out here:

http://www.dbs.com/ratesonline/fdacu.html

Here is the currency chart for NZD vs SGD last 2 years:

z

Hey SS!

thanx for the info.....

after saving for such a long time, i think i wanna move some finances to other banks to reap the interest rates rather than the local ones...

Thanx heaps!

sg got NAB meh ??

this is USD ??

i open while i am studying in melbourne..

then leave it there ...

i only need to reply with instruction when the period is almost up...

i opened while i studied at uni melb....

left it there...then when i cam back to SG, i made the mistake of closing it and pulling out

:mad2:

anywayz from what SS highlighted ....from the DBS website..on NZ dollar...

say if i put minimum 5grand into FD for 3 months....i will enjoy a 7% interest after 3 months rite?

and if i never touch it..just ask them to roll over the amount, then for the next 3 months, it will be another 7% ON the rolled over amount for another 3 months rite? then after that when i had enuf of it liao (or a better offer came along) i can then pull it out?

:sweat:

i opened while i studied at uni melb....

left it there...then when i cam back to SG, i made the mistake of closing it and pulling out

:mad2:

anywayz from what SS highlighted ....from the DBS website..on NZ dollar...

say if i put minimum 5grand into FD for 3 months....i will enjoy a 7% interest after 3 months rite?

and if i never touch it..just ask them to roll over the amount, then for the next 3 months, it will be another 7% ON the rolled over amount for another 3 months rite? then after that when i had enuf of it liao (or a better offer came along) i can then pull it out?

:sweat:

Erm, no. It's 7% PER YEAR. For three months you get 1/4 of 7% = 1.75%.

Money not THAT easy to make.

Also, don't forget that there's always an exchange rate spread, so if you convert back and forth too quickly between NZD and SGD, you may lose out even if the currency appreciates. Must hold long long lah.

even if one holds for long long period, it is still expose to foreign exchange risk.

Erm, no. It's 7% PER YEAR. For three months you get 1/4 of 7% = 1.75%.

Money not THAT easy to make.

Also, don't forget that there's always an exchange rate spread, so if you convert back and forth too quickly between NZD and SGD, you may lose out even if the currency appreciates. Must hold long long lah.

Buy any China IPOs, the return will be doubled or a few folds in the next few years. Please do some market studies and choose your stock wisely.

Just my humble opinion. ;)

Buy any China IPOs, the return will be doubled or a few folds in the next few years.

I doubt any China IPOs....
Stocks investment and puting money in FD is 2 different thing.
Stocks in general carry more risk than FD.

Besides, it is always better to allocate some money into FD than having it all in stocks.

;) :) ;)

sg got NAB meh ??

National Australia Bank Group Singapore Branch is located at:

5 Temasek Boulevard, #15-01
Suntec Tower Five,
Singapore 038985
Telephone: (65) 6419 6875
Fax: (65) 6338 0039
Service Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Monday to Friday)

From someone who doesn't live in Singapore. :)

National Australia Bank Group Singapore Branch is located at:

5 Temasek Boulevard, #15-01
Suntec Tower Five,
Singapore 038985
Telephone: (65) 6419 6875
Fax: (65) 6338 0039
Service Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Monday to Friday)

From someone who doesn't live in Singapore. :)

wat this suppose to mean ??

For some reasons, the local FD interest rates dropped 2 times in last week, so not a good time to put money in local FD.

recently, public wrote to st to complain about uob offering two tier rates for fd. those who allow their fds to auto renewed will get lower rate of interest. but those who turn up to renew or those who requested for higher rates, will be offered higher. case has spoken up against it too. probably, a practice by wee.

It means that even someone outside Singapore knows about NAB in Singapore and can find the address of it in Singapore..........

Hong Sien
and to think I just posted NAB sg website on their foreign FD interest rate and the person even quoted me...

the only thing is u need a iSavvy savings account, and you can only buy online. keep a min of $500 in the savings account to avoid $2 surcharge

hmm, the rates change daily

Status
Not open for further replies.