CS is not as nice a place a before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I was referring to Students recent spat with some on CS, and to others who had spats with some here too........

I was for once not OT'eing, we have to learn to accept that there are in 'your eyes' these 'imperfect' persons......

I know some people here needs to be knocked on their heads, but for some these won't work anyway, why waste your energy to those people? By keeping reacting to these people, it usually gets out of hand, and perhaps that's what they want?

Hs, please read carefully what I wrote.

I wrote " Some frivolity is tolerated" especially in the Kopitiam. I am not against light-hearted OT and frivolity. But sometimes it does get out of hand. Of course different people have different tolerance levels. But once the pandora box is opened, where is the end?

And yes, you are of course right in your last paragraph. What I am going to say may make me a lot of enemies. But this is democracy, right? So here goes!

I know the general intellectual capacity of the members here. It is not very impressive. From the way these people wrote, they will not even begin to understand what the issues are! Such is the level, or lack of it, of intelligent thinking!

But there are many people here who are genuine to participate and contribute in this forum. And for these people, it is worthwhile to continue in CS.

I think not.

Weren't you guys trying to establish that CS is as nice a place as before with mountains as a metaphor?

I never read your posts on a superficial surface. They have deeper meanings.

Who said that CS was a nice place before with mountains as a metaphor? Do not attribute meaning and intent which did not exist.

Student, wazzup??? Chill and shoot more. :D Got chance, show me your BW prints again :D

Thank you.

I am fine.

Just exercising my democratic rights before they get rusty!

Regarding prints, just call. We will make time.

In a community, you don't have to agree with everyone. But a happy community requires a great deal of tolerance and understanding.

Views might be different, but it is just a view. Wouldn't hurt rite? Unless u took it to your heart. :bsmilie:

I have many bloopers here. Still I lurk around :lovegrin:

Take it easy, enjoy the ride.
Have a big heart :thumbsup:

Which person you mean? Yawoo?........he is not a regular, but he is the most childish one in that thread......

Hong Sien

From my analysis, Yawoo is a very calculative person. Just ignore him. He's not willing to pay extra for anything. If an item cost $10, he will pay $10 plus GST. But he'll never be willing to give tips type of guy.

From my analysis, Yawoo is a very calculative person. Just ignore him. He's not willing to pay extra for anything. If an item cost $10, he will pay $10 plus GST. But he'll never be willing to give tips type of guy.
Waiters spit into food of such a person. :bsmilie:

Joking lah... of course not.

../azul123

i dun understand whats in the mind of such flamers.
shoot shoot and neve think of others in their mind.

since they love to argue so much may as well change jobs
exercise yr mouth and brains there

yeap agree that someone is indeed very childish
:angry:

Hs, please read carefully what I wrote.

I wrote " Some frivolity is tolerated" especially in the Kopitiam. I am not against light-hearted OT and frivolity. But sometimes it does get out of hand. Of course different people have different tolerance levels. But once the pandora box is opened, where is the end?

And yes, you are of course right in your last paragraph. What I am going to say may make me a lot of enemies. But this is democracy, right? So here goes!

I know the general intellectual capacity of the members here. It is not very impressive. From the way these people wrote, they will not even begin to understand what the issues are! Such is the level, or lack of it, of intelligent thinking!

But there are many people here who are genuine to participate and contribute in this forum. And for these people, it is worthwhile to continue in CS.

Student... i dunno wats up with u nowadays... entering flame baits and then go on the high chair looking down on others and instill your sense of 'justice'...

Not trying picking an arguement with u.. but your sweeping statement just shows how shallow u are, if u wanna make a statement, y not u just name those ppl instead...

Here we go again! Maybe this is the other problem: Some people don't know when to shut up. Everyone wants to be right and no one wants to give way. *sigh*

Going to unsuscribe from this thread and stop wasting my time with it. Heh.

Here we go again! Maybe this is the other problem: Some people don't know when to shut up. Everyone wants to be right and no one wants to give way. *sigh*

Going to unsuscribe from this thread and stop wasting my time with it. Heh.

thanks for preaching wat u sow... ;)

Not trying picking an arguement with u.. but your sweeping statement just shows how shallow u are, if u wanna make a statement, y not u just name those ppl instead...

You are picking one with me.

This is one general sweeping statement I will make. I will not want to justify my statement on the web. Only on a one-one moderated debate. Too many people here like to skirt issues.

Note also I said that I use the word "general". There are always exceptions.

Since you ask for names. I will gladly name one.

Del_CtrlnoAlt. You are not one of the exceptions.

You are picking one with me.

This is one general sweeping statement I will make. I will not want to justify my statement on the web. Only on a one-one moderated debate. Too many people here like to skirt issues.

But I will gladly name one.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

oh well... at least i identified a fiend than a friend now... thanks! u made me wake up from my fantasy.

oh well... at least i identified a fiend than a friend now... thanks! u made me wake up from my fantasy.

I not inclined to have people like you as friends.

Gentlemen (and ladies, if any are present in this thread),

We can debate on what has been happening online ad nauseam and still come to no conclusion at the end. And there are no easy answers as to what we as the "police" of ClubSNAP can do.

On one hand, if we become too draconian and start slapping infractions on every little misdemeanour, we will quickly lose our members.
On the other hand, if we are too lax, then we will get members taking advantage (which is what is happening now).

In any case, we will review how we have been handling "issues" and hopefully come up with a compromise (as any solution will be) on how we tackle "errant" members in 2007.

In the meantime, here is an opportunity for us all to meet up in real life - Digital Imaging Seminar by Canon and ClubSNAP - and we cordially invite everyone to come down and join us for the day.

It will be an opportunity for everyone to meet up and mend relationships, forge new friendships or bolster existing ones and hopefully, by meeting face-to-face, the online relationship will be strengthened as well.

On the other hand, if we are too lax, then we will get members taking advantage (which is what is happening now).

Basically, you are saying in a different way what I said earlier.

However, I was taken to task for pointing this out!

darren said:
In any case, we will review how we have been handling "issues" and hopefully come up with a compromise (as any solution will be) on how we tackle "errant" members in 2007.

There are of course many ways to "deal" with such problems, none of them I believe to be fool-proof and acceptable to all. Not even compromises.

You might lose memberships either way. But you will have to decide which type of members you prefer to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.