Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

Guys, I'm going to cut short this conversation. A lot of these issues can be discussed when we meet.
I suggest we meet on either 24th April Saturday afternoon 4pm or 25th April Sunday afternoon 4pm.

Let's meet at Orchard Central Spinellis or Quiznos.

Please start a list of your nickname + phone number + preferred day
On the day itself we can firstly:

Introduce ourselves and what we do
Discuss the possibilities of a forum
Discuss how to sustain a conversation in such a forum....................Jing aka mattlock

Attending:
1) mattlock Sat or Sun
2) hotwork77 Sat
3) catchlights Sat

For the very reason that there is a password/it's a restricted circle. And many who feel that they are semi-pro and therefore are pro and therefore should be let in.

It's definitely harder to fake if the line is drawn at full time pros. But I don't know about everything will be exposed... it's plenty possible to just lurk and not say anything.
I'm in another photography forum, the are two restricted areas only accessible by paid members, paid members has two titles, one is partial access and other is full access.
to be a paid member, ones has to submit 30 pieces of works for judging beside owning a business, and also need to be active in the ordinary forum for sometime, the full access members is only by invitation.

any discussions related to business practice only allow in the restricted forum.

all forum members are encourage to state their real name in their signatures, and for paid member will have member title to indicate full access or partial access, and it is a must for them to have their real name in their signatures.

at such structure, I don't see why would any pros worry about how someone can or will want to fake him or herself into a restricted forum.. :)

But why are only real names allowed when most of us brand ourselves according to a nickname we've already chosen?

It would be a great idea. Numbers count, or it’ll fizzle off.

We must pay due respect to Clubsnap for allowing all of us to come together to discuss about this initiative, talk to Simon and Darren first.
It’s good manner to invite them to offer a solution, for a fee, it’s business too. It would be most charitable if it's free, maybe for the first year.:bsmilie:

When we started WPAS, CRYN created a forum. Due to the limited participation, it fizzled off.
Talk to CRYN, he can re-activate it and host it for a small fee. (CRYN, where are you?)

Other solutions may cost a lot more. Facebook would be a joke. (Sorry:embrass: David. It’s business)
I can help to chip in if needed, host the second meeting at my showroom in DhobyX B1, it's just one floor up of Dhoby Ghaut MRT Stn exit(B2). Can seat 8-10 pax at Pie-Kia, coffee & pie on me.

But why are only real names allowed when most of us brand ourselves according to a nickname we've already chosen?
if you treat your nick as precious as your real name. like a 金招牌,die die will not change, perhaps it is acceptable. :)

It would be a great idea. Numbers count, or it’ll fizzle off.

We must pay due respect to Clubsnap for allowing all of us to come together to discuss about this initiative, talk to Simon and Darren first.
It’s good manner to invite them to offer a solution, for a fee, it’s business too. It would be most charitable if it's free, maybe for the first year.:bsmilie:

When we started WPAS, CRYN created a forum. Due to the limited participation, it fizzled off.
Talk to CRYN, he can re-activate it and host it for a small fee. (CRYN, where are you?)

Other solutions may cost a lot more. Facebook would be a joke. (Sorry:embrass: David. It’s business)
I can help to chip in if needed, host the second meeting at my showroom in DhobyX B1, it's just one floor up of Dhoby Ghaut MRT Stn exit(B2). Can seat 8-10 pax at Pie-Kia, coffee & pie on me.
two thumbs up for Winson!

yes, suggestion of using CS as a platform, it is still just a suggestion... thanks for highlighting this.

because when you deal with clients you'll give them your real name right, so in that case if you're a professional you shouldn't mind it! plus it is different knowing what someone's real name is versus nickname.

or don't tell me you go around telling people "call me zhiffy"

maybe that still sounds fine, imagine if someone went aroudn telling people he was "astroboy77" or "catchlights"

:bsmilie:

Last edited:
because when you deal with clients you'll give them your real name right, so in that case if you're a professional you shouldn't mind it! plus it is different knowing what someone's real name is versus nickname.

or don't tell me you go around telling people "call me zhiffy"

maybe that still sounds fine, imagine if someone went aroudn telling people he was "astroboy77" or "catchlights"

:bsmilie:
FYI, catchlights photography is my business name. :)

btw, some people nick are more well know than their real name, like Jack the riper....

Just dropping by to say that we have seen this thread and we are definitely open to hosting a section for Pro Photographers.

Let us know how the initial meet goes and we can have further working sessions to integrate the ideas and make this happen.

Hi All...we have "talked" to and fro into page 5 already. Any forward movement? Are we meeting up to form the group or is it still just kopi talk. Even the admins is open to hosting a section for pro photog. Hurrah....:cool:

Just dropping by to say that we have seen this thread and we are definitely open to hosting a section for Pro Photographers.

Let us know how the initial meet goes and we can have further working sessions to integrate the ideas and make this happen.
Thanks, so good to hear this.. :)

Hi All...we have "talked" to and fro into page 5 already. Any forward movement? Are we meeting up to form the group or is it still just kopi talk. Even the admins is open to hosting a section for pro photog. Hurrah....:cool:

have you read the thread? do you have something constructive to say?

i'm only available on sunday, 25th