Creating a separate Professional Singaporean photographers forum?

hi, an update to all
A bunch of us finally managed to lock down a time where we can all meet.

10am Friday Quiznos Orchard Central 3rd Floor
mattlock
Clown
wesley
Agetan

If you are interested in exploring this topic with us, please RSVP with me via PM with your phone number so we can update of any changes.
Thank you!

Wouldn't a pro-only group benefit more on regular/scheduled physical meetup since the island is small? Maybe have an internal newsletter distributed to members instead of putting it in a large webspace like CS?

Just thinking-out-loud, it may be more productive utilizing meetups and very content-specific newsletters instead of using a catch-all forum. Interaction may be high in forums, but the value of content is usually less effective than meeting in person/group.

My 2C.

Last edited:
updated list:

10am Friday Quiznos Orchard Central 3rd Floor
mattlock
Clown
wesley
Agetan
Winson
Edmund

Kelvin koh sends his support and regards from perth.haha

If you are interested in exploring this topic with us, please RSVP with me via PM with your phone number so we can update of any changes.
Thank you!

Hi everyone. Winson passed u my name on my behalf. Im interested bt unable to make it tmr.

Crap. Missed it as I was out of Singapore and too many assignments to handle for mth of April and May.

Is there any consensus or general summary of what was discussed (and perhaps agreed on) during the meet? Would appreciate it.

Regards
Chan

Crap. Missed it as I was out of Singapore and too many assignments to handle for mth of April and May.

Is there any consensus or general summary of what was discussed (and perhaps agreed on) during the meet? Would appreciate it.

Regards
Chan

Yes was good to meet up and we discussed some issues quickly. Will update this later in the week once I consolidate some of the points...

Yes was good to meet up and we discussed some issues quickly. Will update this later in the week once I consolidate some of the points...

Thanks, looking forward to your post.
fully understand we are all busy people ;)

Hi guys
an update..

During our meeting we discussed different concerns regarding a forum.
my main interest in raising this thread in the first place was a place where professionals can feel comfortable talking freely, and sharing information.

I believe content is the most important thing rather than specifically a lot of activity (there's always kopitiam if you want a lot of activity)

Clubsnap has been very kind to put forward an offer, in the meantime I would like to explore the idea of some of the professionals here penning an article each based on a topic that is of interest to them , and specifically relevant to the business of photography.

I think it will be extremely meaningful to share experiences, so I look forward to putting this together. In a way this acts like a blog with comments, in a forum format.

This will probably take abit of time due to heavy scheduling issues at the moment..but it will move forward.

I will be getting in touch with the relevant people soon!

Another update?:)

Hi guys
an update..

During our meeting we discussed different concerns regarding a forum.
my main interest in raising this thread in the first place was a place where professionals can feel comfortable talking freely, and sharing information.

I believe content is the most important thing rather than specifically a lot of activity (there's always kopitiam if you want a lot of activity)

Clubsnap has been very kind to put forward an offer, in the meantime I would like to explore the idea of some of the professionals here penning an article each based on a topic that is of interest to them , and specifically relevant to the business of photography.

I think it will be extremely meaningful to share experiences, so I look forward to putting this together. In a way this acts like a blog with comments, in a forum format.

This will probably take abit of time due to heavy scheduling issues at the moment..but it will move forward.

I will be getting in touch with the relevant people soon!