Couple of black dots on my screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomClassic

Feb 7, 2012
hi all,
I just saw 3 black little dot on my 5D2 screen. The little dot does not appear on the photos I have taken though, but it makes me very irritated. .I cleaned my lens,sensors over and over again,yet its still there.When i look thru my viewfinder thru

a pc of white paper in front,the 3 little dots really piss me off to the max.isit cos my focusing screen is dirty?if yes,hw do i clean it?do i need to buy any equipment or something?

TKS ALL

Last edited:
hi AtomClassic,

5D mk3? you can bring it down to CSC since it is such a new camera, they can remove the dots; be it dust on the sensor, or in the viewfinder

p.s. don't cross post the exact same question in different section.

hi all,
I just saw 3 black little dot on my 5D2 screen. The little dot does not appear on the photos I have taken though, but it makes me very irritated. .I cleaned my lens,sensors over and over again,yet its still there.When i look thru my viewfinder thru

a pc of white paper in front,the 3 little dots really piss me off to the max.isit cos my focusing screen is dirty?if yes,hw do i clean it?do i need to buy any equipment or something?

TKS ALL

Might be your viewfinder that is dirty, nothing to do with your lens and sensor. But to be sure, you might want to change a new lens and try, see if you see the three black dots.

If it was the viewfinder that was dirty, there are a couple of ways to deal with it,

1) Ignore, since it is not affecting your pics (just serve to annoy you).
2) Clean the viewfinder yourselves (CLEANING THE EOS 5D MKII VIEWFINDER « SHIMWORLD)
3) Take it down to CSC to clean
4) Take it to shops like camera hospital or Pgcamera for cleaning.

If I was you, I will choose to ignore the dots. If really cannot, I will DIY the cleaning :)

Learn to ignore or you will be cleaning the focusing screen weekly... Your camera is not dust proof, the spots will come back quickly after every cleaning orgy.

just ignore it if you can =), I got 2 also inside my viewfinder right bottom. haha

you can clean it if you want, but might end up with spot gone and some dust go in? so best is to ignore it =)

Best to ignore or bring it to the pros to clean it.
The last time too my D700 viewfinder out to clean i ended blowing the dust in the e are in between the prism filter and prism so LL have to take go service center to clean. :bsmilie:

Just ignore it, as long as ur photos r not affected, it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.