Countdown for the coming Nikon cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmd not D200.

Looks like D70s replacement, or it is a D50s with 10.2MP :bigeyes:

the red triangle looks like superman's...
maybe its d200 upgraded with superman power!

archlover said:
the red triangle looks like superman's...
maybe its d200 upgraded with superman power!
can it fly? D200 returns?

Whatever it is, think Nikon has really got our attention again. Looks like this is going to be the hottest thread for the next 20 days... :bigeyes:

i guess it will be few months before it hit the store,so enjoy shooting more.:)

D80! But sigh. 10MP Overkill. Hope it have CMOS Sensor rather then 10MP.
If nothing much, I rather upgrade to D2H, less filesize to burden me.

I will only update my D200 provided the new camera got full-frame CCD and less noise at ISO3200. Everything else is unimportant because they are already very good.

longkangman said:
I am set and ready to move on and that end the RS with *****.
No problem with that as you are still my shifu in photography! :lovegrin:

The likelihood of this camera being an upgrade of the D200 is very slim seeing that the D200 was only introduced late last year. The new camera is likely a replacement of the D70s like the rumours have suggested over the previous months. The D70/D70s is now the "oldest" body of the consumer models and is long overdue for a change.

There has also been speculation that the new body might be a new addition to the line instead of a replacement for any existing models. But I also find this highly unlikely unless the new model is the sub-USD$500 model that slots in under the D50 that Nikon has announced it will make.

Like I advised some people weeks ago, they should have sold their D70s while they could. Now with this announcement, they will find it hard to shift their cameras. If they had done so earlier, they would have kept more of their capital investment. If you want to play with dSLRs, you've got to keep selling them every 15mths otherwise, the devaluation of the cameras after the new models come out is very steep. Whoever said playing with digital cameras was cheaper than film are just kidding themselves. You are just paying the costs upfront rather than spreading them out over time.

Why worry as some people here like to say? Of course, if you have lots of money to throw around, then I guess you wouldn't have to worry. But not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth or are spendthrifts.

Of course, a guy who owns a D2xs will not worry about the devaluation of their camera.

Cough!!! After eating grass for the pass year for the AFS 17-35....I cannot affort liao even it's super good :bheart: Unless I eat one more year of grass :lovegrin:

wow new camera. too bad, not buying as I am planning to use my little d2x for the next 10 years....ha ha............even when d5x ... d10x comes out, i am not tempted. :sticktong

Tetrode said:
Like I advised some people weeks ago, they should have sold their D70s while they could. Now with this announcement, they will find it hard to shift their cameras. If they had done so earlier, they would have kept more of their capital investment. If you want to play with dSLRs, you've got to keep selling them every 15mths otherwise, the devaluation of the cameras after the new models come out is very steep. Whoever said playing with digital cameras was cheaper than film are just kidding themselves. You are just paying the costs upfront rather than spreading them out over time.

Why worry as some people here like to say? Of course, if you have lots of money to throw around, then I guess you wouldn't have to worry. But not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouth or are spendthrifts.

Of course, a guy who owns a D2xs will not worry about the devaluation of their camera.

Uhh, that only worries people who want to keep upgrading their camera bodies. ;)

blive said:
Uhh, that only worries people who want to keep upgrading their camera bodies. ;)

Looking at what is being said here, there are lots of people here who do. I for one, don't want to waste money, I'd use the camera for that amount of time and get rid of it quick smart. At least I still have a significant amount of my capital investment with me instead of a paper weight at the end of the day. Money which I can then use for other things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.