Status
Not open for further replies.

melvyn83

Jun 30, 2008
How to convert from Raw to jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2009
How to convert from Raw to jpeg
For Canon you can use the Digital Photo Professional Software that comes with ur camera. I heard its actually quite good and better than Adobe Raw.

melvyn83

Jun 30, 2008
any good converter software to recommend.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Lots has already been recommended. Go read.

Plus, your camera manual will tell you all about RAW and how to convert it. READ your manual!!

Squid

Jun 10, 2004
I'm guessing that threadstarter is a Canon user as all his previous postings are Canon-related matter. For Canon related RAW files, these are the available options

- DPP from Canon
- ACR from Adobe
- Lightroom from Adobe
- CaptureOne from PhaseOne
- Aperture from Apple
- Bibble from Bibble Labs
- Rawtherapee from RAWtherapee
- UFRAW frm UFRAW
- Lightzone from Lightcraft

Threadstarter may choose one or others as own preferred choice

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
The conversion is only one step in the post-processing workflow, it's the last one in fact. If you just want a straight conversion I doubt that you need to use RAW in the first place. RAW enables a much more controlled way of processing the image captured. Photoshop is one option, others have been mentioned. After all your processing is finished the conversion into jpg is just an export.
If all this doesn't make much sense to you then you better stick to jpg output or get some books from your library about digital image processing.

Blur Shadow

Sep 17, 2005
I'm guessing that threadstarter is a Canon user as all his previous postings are Canon-related matter. For Canon related RAW files, these are the available options
Wow... You are patient and meticulous...

Abuddlah

Sep 2, 2008
just use Adobe Lightroom. Works wonders for a light editing guy like me. works fine for both canon and nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom