Converting from RAW to Jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvyn83

Jun 30, 2008
How to convert from Raw to jpeg

Last edited:
How to convert from Raw to jpeg

For Canon you can use the Digital Photo Professional Software that comes with ur camera. I heard its actually quite good and better than Adobe Raw.

You may have a look at Digital Darkroom, plenty of information. Just next to newbies corner.

Even Adobe Photoshop can do it...

hrmmm...

i thought when u open the image frm photoshop, it will convert it for u automatically?
u can even edit the raw before u convert the file... :)

any good converter software to recommend.

Lots has already been recommended. Go read.

Plus, your camera manual will tell you all about RAW and how to convert it. READ your manual!!

I'm guessing that threadstarter is a Canon user as all his previous postings are Canon-related matter. For Canon related RAW files, these are the available options

- DPP from Canon
- ACR from Adobe
- Lightroom from Adobe
- CaptureOne from PhaseOne
- Aperture from Apple
- Bibble from Bibble Labs
- Rawtherapee from RAWtherapee
- UFRAW frm UFRAW
- Lightzone from Lightcraft

Threadstarter may choose one or others as own preferred choice

The conversion is only one step in the post-processing workflow, it's the last one in fact. If you just want a straight conversion I doubt that you need to use RAW in the first place. RAW enables a much more controlled way of processing the image captured. Photoshop is one option, others have been mentioned. After all your processing is finished the conversion into jpg is just an export.
If all this doesn't make much sense to you then you better stick to jpg output or get some books from your library about digital image processing.

I'm guessing that threadstarter is a Canon user as all his previous postings are Canon-related matter. For Canon related RAW files, these are the available options

Wow... You are patient and meticulous...

just use Adobe Lightroom. Works wonders for a light editing guy like me. works fine for both canon and nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.