Complain!!: Seahorse Furniture in Causeway Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgpoorman

HI, i wish to share this unpleasant experience.

On friday, i bought a sofa from the Seahorse shop in Causeway Point. They promised to deliver the item on sunday 2-4pm. However, I waited till 6.30pm when i finally got a call from Seahorse Causeway(SHCW). They say the driver had something on and will deliver the sofa ard 9 to 10pm. Alternatively, they suggested if i want the sofa urgently, i can accept the display set, they will deduct $24 from the selling price and send me immediately. of cos, i rejected this Lame offer. Take a sofa so many ppl had seated b4 and just deduct $24?

I suspect the driver wanna watch the Renci hospital show, so, i think its fine with me since i not sleeping so early. Toward the end of the show, I received another call from SHCW saying the driver is unable to collect the sofa from the warehouse cause its closed oreadi...10pm u know? I can still choose the display set and they will ask the driver to send me immediately. of cos, i reject again.

I ask them to send me the sofa on any weekdays after 7pm, but they say their driver dun do delivery at evening on weekdays...WAT THE HECK MAN?? They persuaded me to accept the display set which of cos i say NO.

I took a day leave today so that they can send it to me, but in the afternoon, i received another from them saying The Warehouse had deliver the LAST sofa to another buyer.....and ask if i could accept the display set. After some shouting over the phone and threatening, they very reluctantly offer to write me a cheque and send to me.

Now, i am writing this to share it with u...anyone with similar experience??

report it to CASE. Do it by all mean! Get the name of the salesperson. Then write to Straits Time Forum and let them have their lesson (if it's published). Send an email to the highest management of that company.

Btw, you are buying, they NEED you! They treated you like that, you should have asked for full refund and swear that you won't ever step your foot into their store ever!

IMHO Singapore is really lousy in service sector. Want the best service? pay at the premium price like SIA, which delivers the same level service like the other airlines do but other airlines' air fare is lower.

arikevin said:
report it to CASE. Do it by all mean! Get the name of the salesperson. Then write to Straits Time Forum and let them have their lesson (if it's published). Send an email to the highest management of that company.

Btw, you are buying, they NEED you! They treated you like that, you should ask for refund and swear that you won't ever step your foot into their store ever!

IMHO Singapore is really lousy in service sector. Want the best service? pay at the premium price like SIA, which delivers the same level service like the other airlines do but other airlines' air fare is lower.

i going to write to ST liao...have to do it..no choice. they pushed me too far. how can they force ppl to accept display set and use this type of tactic?

sgpoorman said:
i going to write to ST liao...have to do it..no choice. they pushed me too far. how can they force ppl to accept display set and use this type of tactic?

Yep, good. Better do it. Demand a public apology if it's possible.

arikevin said:
Yep, good. Better do it. Demand a public apology if it's possible.

wah...ur gallery very nice...ur camera got use any filter or not? my Dimage Z1 seems unable to achieve tis quality. and i dunno abt the aperture and shutter thing...sians.

sgpoorman said:
wah...ur gallery very nice...ur camera got use any filter or not? my Dimage Z1 seems unable to achieve tis quality. and i dunno abt the aperture and shutter thing...sians.
Thanks, really appriciate your comment on my gallery :)

well, you can try to learn the aperture and shutter settings by trial-and-error learning method. Does your camera have the Manual setting? If so, time to go out and shoot. ;)

so bad eh? :( write to case or ST won't help much, but if it make you feel better , by all means .

sgpoorman, you received the refund already? or they already made the cheque out to you already, if yes, then you can most probably complaint about the time wasted for the whole episode...if they refuses to refund, then thats another story...

remember there's another case, which made it to the newspaper (idealhome?)...almost the same incidents happened (i purchased from them for my new home years back)...but eventually, i got what i wanted, but others were not so lucky...their store at suntec mall closed soon after...

is seahorse furniture the maker of seahorse mattresses? if yes, then i think they're pretty established...???

They have a problem, they received your money. That completed the transaction, and they have to honour their part.

haha go to small claims court and claim back the full price of the sofa, and add to that, damages amounting to 1 day's paid leave + interest so far.

:p

rncw said:
sgpoorman, you received the refund already? or they already made the cheque out to you already, if yes, then you can most probably complaint about the time wasted for the whole episode...if they refuses to refund, then thats another story...

remember there's another case, which made it to the newspaper (idealhome?)...almost the same incidents happened (i purchased from them for my new home years back)...but eventually, i got what i wanted, but others were not so lucky...their store at suntec mall closed soon after...

is seahorse furniture the maker of seahorse mattresses? if yes, then i think they're pretty established...???

Cellini also gave the same delivery problems to one of my friends. Can you imagine taking leave and the guy not showing up.

so lousy, how come they don't keep track of their inventory??!

the excuses are so lame, they just want to force you to take the display set! :angry:

thanks for sharing with us ur unpleasent exp. well.. more or less we clubsnappers families wun buy any thing from there in future :bsmilie:

y0ngcheng said:
thanks for sharing with us ur unpleasent exp. well.. more or less we clubsnappers families wun buy any thing from there in future :bsmilie:
i won't buy anything from them in the future. THanks for sharing.

i think buy from Ikea is still safer....Because they check the inventory before placing ur oder....i like that kind of service..I can't complaint abt the paying extra for delivery and setting up...

i heard Ikea furniture lifespan not very long isit true??

sgpoorman said:
i think buy from Ikea is still safer....Because they check the inventory before placing ur oder....i like that kind of service..I can't complaint abt the paying extra for delivery and setting up...

i heard Ikea furniture lifespan not very long isit true??

yes, my cupboard is falling apart, doors have come off twice, my display cabinet is warping, yet i still buy there cos it looks better than most furniture store offerings for its prices. :angry: :cry: :embrass:

Anyone heard of this furniture brand name 'LAMI'? Although their porducts is a bit ex, but delivery is not a problem(so far for my case)at all. 'LORENZO' is another good service too. But you must on the spot watching them assemble any of the product(which you purchased in the first place) if they delivered to your home.

vince123123 said:
haha go to small claims court and claim back the full price of the sofa, and add to that, damages amounting to 1 day's paid leave + interest so far.

:p

dont waste your time with the small claims court. you accept the $$$, how to complain now.
NO more SEAHORSE for Singapore Poor Man and ME!

Seahorse do deliver very lousy service. I went to the outlet in Marina once, hoping to buy a class coffee-table. I decided to buy it but the problem is with the delivery schedule. They INSISTED that I be around during the time schedule they do delivery at that particular area. I told them that the scheduled time was out of my time schedule. They INSISTED I abided to their time schedule, dispite having to pay for the delivery. I got so piss-off by their inflexibility and walked out.

Singapore still have a long way to go for service oriented sale.

well that was based on the assumption that he hadn't got his money yet. his story ended with they promised to write, but never say whether he cashed it and actually got the $$$ back yet....maybe sgpoorman can update us.

:)

lauLEE said:
dont waste your time with the small claims court. you accept the $$$, how to complain now.
NO more SEAHORSE for Singapore Poor Man and ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.