Comment on this ROM pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
alexj said:
Personally, the pictures are below par. Possibly a better working knowledge of flash photography is needed. However, saying that, I would say this sort of event coverage are usually "heng suay". Nice location, good layout, etc, you'll get better pictures with less effort compared to tight spaces with poor decor (which is pretty evident in those pictures).

But at 150nett to 300nett for 2-3 hours of shooting? Come on, that doesnt even cover equipment cost, not to mention post. At least the charge should be a half day rate (~60% of day rate), since nothing else can be done on that day.

You get what you pay for. No difference in this situation. As for head chop chilli chop... haha... seriously, she sounds like an "atas" self proclaimed critic (her comments are not wrong, but very biased). Forehead crop is a personal style, some like and some don't (an old classic rule, nothing more after MTV came about). Seriously, her expectations are hollywood standard but bollywood pricing.

i definitely agree with this. i'm a fan of crop crop forehead! but still... i dunno if the images are that dull from the photographer or she did some PS work...

but i believe there's mention that the PG has 5 years experience? i'm seriously expecting better stuffs.

Cheesecake said:
basket. not my doing wor! same nick only!

I paid $150nett for 2hrs unlimited shots but 120 printed ones.
unqoute

such a cheapo ROM photographer?!?!:bigeyes: i heard there're some doing it for free! am i right? :dunno:

i charge higher, by per hr rate, all prints ala-carte.:) weekends much higher.

i know 1 old bird, go by per prints $0.50/-, no service charge. Reasons from him is he cant compete with young ppl, and he don't know how to use photoshop. so sad.:cry:

drumma said:
lol... i saw this at SGB and was following the thread. it's under

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/7/384165.html?1154068746

seems like it's been posted everywhere.
to be totally honest, i read all the posts.

i feel that Junyi's expectations were those of the super skyscrapper type. if she is paying S$2k for the fotographer, then i feel she is right in her expectations. :bsmilie:

women can be totally unreasonable at times, days... u get it. i've been on the end of it, countless times too, so, pretty experienced with it. ho ho ho!

in short, pay mini peanuts get monkeys, again! hohoho!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
that girl is b*tchy man... good luck to the groom... whoever he is... u got my most sincere condolences... :devil:

hey, look on the bright side, she'll fare very well when shopping at the wet market ;)

Cheesecake said:
to be totally honest, i read all the posts.

i feel that Junyi's expectations were those of the super skyscrapper type. if she is paying S$2k for the fotographer, then i feel she is right in her expectations. :bsmilie:

women can be totally unreasonable at times, days... u get it. i've been on the end of it, countless times too, so, pretty experienced with it. ho ho ho!

in short, pay mini peanuts get monkeys, again! hohoho!

Eh, i wonder should i ask her to do free shooting for me anot... or maybe i'll throw her 300, another 100 more just for the same things that she say she could deliver... and maybe even throw in another MUA cost... just to see how good she shoot. She could get her 10/10 frens to do free backups too...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Eh, i wonder should i ask her to do free shooting for me anot... or maybe i'll throw her 300, another 100 more just for the same things that she say she could deliver... and maybe even throw in another MUA cost... just to see how good she shoot. She could get her 10/10 frens to do free backups too...

you won't want to have your wedding spoilt will you :sweat: unless you got trial wedding :sweatsm:

the photos could be posted by the photographer to gather comment

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
at the rate she and her hubby is going...

i think she needs to hire Gary Fong to do her wedding fotography. :bsmilie:

smurfman said:
i charge higher, by per hr rate, all prints ala-carte.:) weekends much higher.

i know 1 old bird, go by per prints $0.50/-, no service charge. Reasons from him is he cant compete with young ppl, and he don't know how to use photoshop. so sad.:cry:
ya ya! good. one flat fee and non-negotiable is best. :thumbsup:
a pity alot were left behind when digital revolution took place.

Or Sebastian Salgado. Or any National Geo PG.

Lucky she did not hav a PG armed with only a 50mm lens (altho I've seen many wonderful shots done with 50mm in various WD forums).. wonder wat she wld think!

Cheesecake said:
ya ya! good. one flat fee and non-negotiable is best. :thumbsup:
a pity alot were left behind when digital revolution took place.

ten years later i will be left behind too..............:cry:

at best, her requests are out of the world. if i'm dealing with such a woman, i'll simply walk away and not do her business. i'll feel restricted by her orders and put down by her expectations, hey, its only S$200++(?). :bsmilie:

melnjes said:
Seriously I don't think the photographer deserves the kind of criticism he's getting, for the price he is charging. The couple should have known better.

Probably a mismatch in expectations.
Firstly I think that wedding photography was BAD and unacceptable .... and I don't think it's got to do with how much he was being paid.
Photographers, like all professional must have pride in their work and a certain acceptable standard must be achieved. If one does not achieve the minimum standard, one shouldn't accept any job, but instead volunteer to shoot. Tell the couple and asked them to engage another PY, and you act as a support PY. Shoot till one day when many ppl say, they like your images then you can start to collect payment.
Please la, have some pride in our works! :think:

Cheesecake said:
at best, her requests are out of the world. if i'm dealing with such a woman, i'll simply walk away and not do her business. i'll feel restricted by her orders and put down by her expectations, hey, its only S$200++(?). :bsmilie:

i feel the company do refund for her is justifiable, and if the company sees the digital photos published should even sue her...

i'd throw 200 at her, and another 200 to ask her to shoot for my assignments (if any) :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.