Clubsnap/Nikon Embrace Nature 2007 Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone miss out, here are the details for tomorrow

Please read this carefully and be punctual. The reason is that we have to go in as a group to get group discount. The JBP staff will count the number and the treasurer will pay on the spot for the numbers.

Meeting Place and Time:

Registration will be from 8.30am to 8.55am

For those going directly:

Meet us at Jurong Bird Park Gate. You will see the organiser wearing Tags and nikon T shirts with plenty of lenses and gear.

For those taking Bus:

8.30am. Meet at the side road of of Jurong Point MRT at the the Bus Bay see attached Satellite Photo
Bus will pickup and leave at 8.30 sharp. 2 Gentlemen , TMC and acidbyte, both wear Nikon T-shirt and Wind Breaker will be there to organise the ppl and bus.

90060386.jpg

Grouping - All will be grouped into 2 main group
The group Leader will be:

Group 1 - Harlequin and Sree

Group 2 - Sk Foo and Me

Equipment per group:

From Nikon
D300, D3, 400mmVRf2.8, 500mmf4VRf4, 300mmVRf2.8, 600mmf4 200-400VRf4, 200mmVRf2, 70-200VRf2.8, 14-28f2.8, 24-70f2.8, 70-200VRf2.8.

Harlequin, Sree and SKfoo will be bringing their personal inventory which include D300, 600mmf4 and D2Xs, 500mmf4. Me: D3, 500mmf4, 70-200VRf2.8, 14-28f2.8, 24-70f2.8.

Programme:

8.30 - 8.55am - assemble and registration and Group Photo at JBP. 9am - Group Entry to JBP
9am to 12noon - Nature Shoot out
12noon move out of JBP
12.30pm board bus and leave for Cashew Heights Condo Multi Purpose Hall. (Those would drive. Will proceed on their own to Cashew Heights - tell the security that you are going to the Multi Purpose Hall for a Party.

1pm - 1.30pm: arrive at Cashew Hgts and Makan Time. Download images for Critique and Competition
1.30pm to 3.30pm. Critique, Q&A and prize presentation

Other Admin Instructions

What to bring:
1. your CF card and your camera lenses.
2. a poncho for wet weather, we will be giving a Nikon umbrella (courtesy of TK Photo) to each participants
3. Please carry a back pack or smal sling bag etc as we will also be issuing 2 bottles of mineral water to each participants at the JBP gate.
4. Lastly alot of SMILES

All participants will be given a lanyard with a name tag please carry it with you all the time. This is the id for entry and also using of the equipment. Anyone without the pass will not be allow to join any of the group. This is to prevent outside from gate crashing at JBP.

Goodies Bags will be issued at Cashew Hgts, so that participants need not lug along the goodies bags at JBP

Wet weather program, same as dry weather program, rain or shine we will prevail .

Photo competition,
There will be 3 main prizes from Nikon, 3 best entry prizes from TK Photo and 3 merit prizes of a MO special design Nikon T shirts from me (See this: http://forums.clubsnap.com/showpost.php?p=2827828&postcount=1 )

All participants including helpers, except organising comittee and the group leaders are eligible.

You will choose one image, to download onto the computer at Cashew Heights. We will not be providing any facilities for post processing of the images (include cropping) so you have to shot it right or bring your computer for any pp or do in camera pp.

My Number

Yeap, it's Boon Lay MRT. Should be a typo. Ladies & gentlemen, Me and Mor-Der will be seeing you guys at the pick up point so don't be late. We'll be leaving on time. I will be strapped with T.T.P and in a black Nikon jacket/Blue T.K foto t-shirt. Mor-Der should be in his black Nikon jacket too.

Yes it's BOON LAY MRT next to Jurong Point

For the second part of the programme, for those driving to Cashew Heights Multi Purpose Hall here is the map

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1246/travel_site_120211/5/

See google earth for the details

90316183.jpg

Please tell the guards that you are going to the Multi purpose hall for a party. :)

HI,

I'm posting on behalf of my friend szejiamin as she is unable to make it for tomorrow's shoot due to last minute concerns.

I believe it is quite late as of now but if there's anyone who wishes to take over her place pls inform TS and me at 98151062 (TK). If not then it cannot be helped.

Thanks and sorry!

Please use this to indicate if you are NOT taking the Nikon Bus from Jurong Point to JBP.

1. desmondwz (D80)
2. psychobiologist (D200)
3. soeypixels (D70)
4. Jer (D200) - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
5. No Horse Run (D70) Driving to JBP, see u guys there
6. Sharkbite (D200) Going there on my own, see you guys there
7. John Teoh's friend - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
8. LaoKaYu (Coolpix5000)
9. LiewTL (D2X) - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
10. wongy128 (D70)
11. John Teoh (D40x) - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
12. Inflames (D80) Driving to JBP, see u guys there
13. quoppy (D200)
14. dw888
15. pgopal
16. nikkie (D80)
17. lynxiger
18. gy92gy95 (D200) - dDriving to JBP, see u guys there
19. SolBadGuy's gf (D80)
20. Michael (D70) - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
21. jijicat (D2x) - WAVIED
22. Koji Koji (D80) - WAVIED
23. ndut - D70s
24. sector65 (D50) Driving to JBP, see u guys there
25. tazzie21 (D70s)
26. rvxing (D70) Driving to JBP, see u guys there
27. rtbh (D200) Driving to JBP, see u guys there
28. godsonwill (D200) Driving to JBP, see u guys there
29. tato (D200)
30. airforce1 (D200)
31. Spectrum (D200)
32. cyapwoon(D70s)
33. Louis(D200)
34. bLight
35. Andy Ang (D80, FM10)
36. ah.zeep (D50) - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
37. TungHK Driving to JBP, see u guys there
38. SolBadGuy
39. rcwwong
40. siyimi - pay $5 (have bird park pass)
41. Silentmorning
42. Randius (D80)
43. szejiamin
44. tkbonz (D80)
45. hobbysnap (D200)
46. zybert00th (D80)
47. popeye910[
48. dnd - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
49. bigfoot888
50. tazzie21 (friend)
51. vincechan06 - Driving to JBP, see u guys there
52. vincechan06 friend -Driving to JBP, see u guys there
53. nitinpal

So i guess for now, other than 43. szejiamin withdrawing from the event, i will see those who are taking the bus tomorrow at Boon Lay MRT. I will check in again at 6am to see if there are going to be any updates. :sweat:

So i guess for now, other than 43. szejiamin withdrawing from the event, i will see those who are taking the bus tomorrow at Boon Lay MRT. I will check in again at 6am to see if there are going to be any updates. :sweat:

Hi Tkbonz, Szejiamin, Nighwolf, Chngpe. I wanna take the slot, I just called Tkbonz...please confirm if i can take it. Thanks

Hi Tkbonz, Szejiamin, Nighwolf, Chngpe. I wanna take the slot, I just called Tkbonz...please confirm if i can take it. Thanks

OK I haven't received confirmation from TkBonz / Szejiamin till this time. Since it's very difficult to catch the schedule already (without confirmation till this time), I can not take szejiamin's slot.

Hi Chngpe01/Nightwolf/Tkbonz/Szejiamin, please be informed, thanks.

Alrightie Rise and Shine the weather is mighty fine. Thanks be to God Divine

To JBP here we come and then kenna the virus named "buy buy buy"

See you all there :)

(PS. I know one excited CSer is already at the MRT at 0710am :) )

Peng Eik, Alex and the rest of the organising team and of course Nikon, a big thank your for today's outing! it was a lot of fun and the buy virus has been firmly planted.... :)

Hope everyone enjoyed today...rainy season so gonna see alot of nikon umbrellas going around town...for those who missed this outing, do look out for our next outing in time to come...

happy holidays and merry xmas, cheers!!!

Peng Eik, Alex and the rest of the organising team and of course Nikon, a big thank your for today's outing! it was a lot of fun and the buy virus has been firmly planted.... :)

D3 + 14-24? :angel:

nice meeting u today!

for those who missed it... izit too evil for me to say 'damn, u dunno wat u missed?' ;p

here's something from the outing - D3, ISO800 with a AFS300mm/2.8 + TC1.4x. straight from cam. downsized in NC NX.

DSC_8370.jpg

my Hi2 shots are in someone's card somewhere... so those ISO25600 is lost somewhere out there... :embrass:

rain rain rain... hope everyone will ganna some "virus".
and enjoy yr D3***s pictures.

Thanks to Peng Eik, Nikon and the rest of the organising committee and helpers for the wonderful event! The virus has been planted, but it will only hibernate till when I got the moolah, which is far far away. :cry:

Didn't really get to talk to many people, cause my gf and I were simply too tired from the overnight shoot last night. Sorry if I seemed unfriendly. :embrass:

And hurray, my consolation to not being able to afford the D3, D300 and all the :bigeyes: lenses is that I walked home with a 1GB Nikon thumb drive. Lucky me! :embrass::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.