Clubsnap magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a great idea!

There are so many topics to write about besides pure photography and each topic we just need a few writers/contributors eg Photoshop tips, video, etc.

I am sure there will be advertisers who are keen to take up full page adverts especially the camera majors besides photography courses, shoots, etc.

The addressable audience should be fairly large as these days, with the advent of digital cameras, a lot of people have cameras and would be interested to improve their photography skills.

Can even export it to Malaysia to enlarge the market should there be interest. And if it takes off well, maybe SPH may want to buy over and the original founders .... $$$$$$$$

I'll support it! The good ones now are all foreign...

Can even export it to Malaysia to enlarge the market should there be interest. And if it takes off well, maybe SPH may want to buy over and the original founders .... $$$$$$$$

i see... :thumbsup:

we have a good foundation here in CS the possibilities are endless if you will think of it. we just need to take the initial step. lets just forget about money first.. money will come as sort of a reward. real goal is make CS well known and expand coast to coast. in singapore no doubt. just need to think out of the box and dream big.

1. First we need to get some sponsorship (for funds) in return we get them published in the first edition.
2. Editors.. so many to choose from so i dont think it will be difficult.
3. Contributors.. every member can contribute then the editors will choose who's article to publish.
4. Make every single cent counts. everything must be put in good use.
5. Drop some copies to selected merchants (these are the sponsors)
6. Sit back and relax see how it goes. First publish will determine the long term goal.
7. Improve, improve, work, work and improve.
8. Be well known in asia.. then invade ang mo land.
9. Study other forums and magazine and let them come out of an exciting idea on their own then CS comes over and contribute to that idea. additional marketing (bill gates style)
10. this is where your $$$$ comes in.

start with the 10 things. why 10? because 10 sounds official.. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
its a very good idea to come out with a clubsnap mag featuring great works.. i guess there are many topics to cover like event, weddings, portraitures, macro, birding, marine etc haha..

i will support if the mag is out..

you just get some sponsorship from camera shops, alan photo, john 3:16.. so many to mention.
they post an add of a certain size and maybe some of their promotions..

by the way i feel that best is to look for shops with good services :bsmilie:

its a very good idea to come out with a clubsnap mag featuring great works.. i guess there are many topics to cover like event, weddings, portraitures, macro, birding, marine etc haha..

i will support if the mag is out..

by the way i feel that best is to look for shops with good services :bsmilie:

john 3:16 will definitely in the top list. if you feature a boom pro photographer in the cover then i guarantee that even foreigners will buy :sweatsm:

It would be great to have a clubsnap magazine, online or print, but there is so much work to do just to get an issue out.
There has to be enough stories, with strong visuals.
There has to be an editor to edit the stories, photos etc.
There has to be a designer to layout the pages.
There has to be a marketing communications person to deal with getting/managing ads, PR and etc.

If only mediacorp, straits times could look into setting up a photography magazine unit. . .
I'm sure the demand will be there.
Now who's burning with the entrepreneur spirit?
:)
I am. I have a background in marketing & business management. This will be an excellent platform to take CS to another level. :)

Just a few cent. I like a idea of a local photography magazine. But I will opt for a digital copy. First it can be distributed at low cost. That will increase the number of ppl who will benefit from it.

I read a few westen photographic mag. I realize that the content is usually not that fantastic. It is more on introducing software and equipement, avertisment. The actual benefitial content is too little.

On the contrary, I did see some interesting mag from china. The focus is on techinque, the composition, show works or artist and their interpretation of why they took this picture. I would say these magazine are better.

hahaha then its based on what basis if not know how? even experience is know how. everything is know how. that is why consumer pay microsoft or apple for the apps and devices because they know how.

iF not know how... then what is it? :dunno:
lemme just ask how long have u been a member of CS?how long have u been doin photography?do u have any experience running a magazine?wc one?do u have any idea about e local photography market?:rolleyes:

seriously guys, if they think they can do it, dont tell them 101 reasons why they cant do it. rather think of 5 ways to help them. if they need editors, think and recommend a friend who can help etc.

I'm in the Design & Advert industry... can help out on the layout & design of the mag... :)

lemme just ask how long have u been a member of CS?how long have u been doin photography?do u have any experience running a magazine?wc one?do u have any idea about e local photography market?:rolleyes:

just answer the question and don't cover the subject by intimidation. :nono:

IF ITS NOT BASED ON KNOWING HOW... THEN WHERE IS IT BASED?

That is why this thread was created in the first place to see how the idea goes.
nonetheless laughing at an idea only disturbs a sensible on going conversation. :thumbsd:

In addition... even if you are a pioneer or a mod in CS it doesn't gives you the right to question people like the above... and laugh at their idea. :nono:

I vote for digital version for the 1st issue. Either that, or the hardcopy edition needs to be quite low in price or like Today newspaper, distributed free. I think more people will be interested initially and that's how it'll reach more readers faster :)
Just 2cents.

just answer the question and don't cover the subject by intimidation. :nono:

IF ITS NOT BASED ON KNOWING HOW... THEN WHERE IS IT BASED?

That is why this thread was created in the first place to see how the idea goes.
nonetheless laughing at an idea only disturbs a sensible on going conversation. :thumbsd:
questioning your idea is good,it test conviction.my questions are relative,if u havent had the right amount of experience how would u talk about photography or even running a photography magazine.dont make such accusation im intimadating.:think:

I vote for digital version for the 1st issue. Either that, or the hardcopy edition needs to be quite low in price or like Today newspaper, distributed free. I think more people will be interested initially and that's how it'll reach more readers faster :)
Just 2cents.

:thumbsup: I have a friend in paperclip communications and chatting with him right now..
can produce copies in good quality in cheaper price. maximum 40 pages only. minimum 500 copies. :lovegrin:

In addition... even if you are a pioneer or a mod in CS it doesn't gives you the right to question people like the above... and laugh at their idea. :nono:
for the record im not laughing at anyone idea.

here is for your record.

hahaha ddp philippines is not every month for a start!second running a magazine is a serious business its not just a know how basis.:nono:

Its not the idea that you are questioning. You have already assumed in your head that i will be the one doing all of these things and already understated ones capability rather than the idea. I may not be a "PROFESSIONAL FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER" like you but nonetheless I know when someone is mocking at me. :thumbsd:

If you don't like the idea just say so... there is no problem with that.. don't just go knock on other people anyhow and ask them about experiences and stuff like that.. because if i do that to you I think you wouldn't like it either. :nono:

Last edited:

Anway I think this is a good initiative. If can't even dream don't talk abt making thing a realitiy. That is why he post his idea out. Hoping ppl with experience and the know how would be able to give him constructive advise and help. Like what is happening now. Ppl are coming forward to offer their expertise. I believe it can be done.

questioning your idea is good,it test conviction.my questions are relative,if u havent had the right amount of experience how would u talk about photography or even running a photography magazine.dont make such accusation im intimadating.:think:

like i have said... its not the idea that your questioning.. it is me personally that you are questioning... and i don't see any point why need to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.