Closeup Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
Hi,

May I know what is the actual purpose of a closeup filter and how it works please? For example, a Hoya 4+ Closeup Filter?

How much would it (52mm) cost? And would it be compatible with my Olympus C730? That is, would pictures be clear and sharp? Are there any before and after sample photos of its usage please?

Thanks!

KSeet said:
Hi,

May I know what is the actual purpose of a closeup filter and how it works please? For example, a Hoya 4+ Closeup Filter?

How much would it (52mm) cost? And would it be compatible with my Olympus C730? That is, would pictures be clear and sharp? Are there any before and after sample photos of its usage please?

Thanks!
Close-up filters are meant to reduce the minimum focusing distance of your camera lens, so that magnification can be increased. The higher the diopter rating (+4, +3, etc), the shorter the focusing distance and hence the higher the magnification.

A 52mm one will cost around $14. Yes, it can be used with the C730, provided you get a lens adpater so that the filter can be mounted on it. Pictures will be sharp, if you apply the correct technique of course.

KSeet said:
Hi,

Thanks!

Hi KSeet
The purpose of a closeup filter is that it acts as a magnifier. In layman's terms, it allows you to get closer to your subject yet retain the quality. But of course, there is a fixed focussing distance.
I think it cost around the region of $15? I'm not sure of the thread size of C730 but if it is 52mm, then it sure can be use. Else, you can purchase a step-up r step-down ring.
Pictures should be sharp and clear provided you're at the correct distance.
For samples shot, just do a search in the macro gallery. Im sure many of us use Hoya +4 to take our shots. :)

Keep shooting and hope to see your shots soon.

Regards

costs around $15 for Hoya i think, bought mine last month..

My way of shooting, zoom in to allow light on subject and set aperture >=F8 for DOF and use flash to compensate small aperture, recommend an ext. flash with diffuser.. i'm getting one, :D

does anyone here use a +10 macro?

Okie! Thanks to all for enlighten me! ;) I'll go get one and start taking some photos after picking up more knowledge, and I'll post it soon! Thanks!

How does this closeup filter performance as compare to the macro len that usually comes with the WideConverter?
Do they provide the same functionality for macro photography? :confused:

Eyesthruthelens said:
How does this closeup filter performance as compare to the macro len that usually comes with the WideConverter?
Do they provide the same functionality for macro photography? :confused:

they share the same functionality but the one that comes with WA has more distortion than the dedicated closeup filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.