Chinese Opera Shot (TFCD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
catchlights said:
Just a suggestion.

I'm agreed with ortega that the backstage will to too congested for shooting together, but you guys don't need a few hours to shoot at backstage.

How about open to some other photographers, but come at stagger hours or limited the numbers to photographers to go up the stage at one time.

But if is too inconvenient to organizing it this way, than should leave it as original planned.

I think it would be quite difficult because there will be different characters makeup at different time and I'm sure the photographers will be interested to take all of them. Plus the process on tradition opera will involve makeup, hairdo, costumes then on stage. And will be in a room rather than the backstage so i think it should have more space to occupy 5-6 photographers. Thanks for suggesting thou

psx2sg said:
I think it would be quite difficult because there will be different characters makeup at different time and I'm sure the photographers will be interested to take all of them. Plus the process on tradition opera will involve makeup, hairdo, costumes then on stage. And will be in a room rather than the backstage so i think it should have more space to occupy 5-6 photographers. Thanks for suggesting thou

no problem.

it is a interesting subject that hard to come by, and it will be good if photographers able to shoot with existing light.

ortega said:
i agree with catchlights, i would like to go to if there is space

I can't go, I have a wedding shoot on that day already.

anyway, I miss the opportunity to shoot the Chinese Opera together with eikin last year.

ortega said:
i agree with catchlights, i would like to go to if there is space

lol, i know these 'backstage' shots for such performance are rare, and as much as I would hope to give access to all the photographers I don't want to see fighting in the makeup room :bsmilie:

But after this session, I think I'll try to liaise with the teacher to see if she is possible to allow similar session so that everyone will get their chance..(At most i bo eng a bit doing kaypo work lol:bsmilie: )

And thanks guys for showing the support!:lovegrin:

psx2sg said:
lol, i know these 'backstage' shots for such performance are rare, and as much as I would hope to give access to all the photographers I don't want to see fighting in the makeup room :bsmilie:

But after this session, I think I'll try to liaise with the teacher to see if she is possible to allow similar session so that everyone will get their chance..(At most i bo eng a bit doing kaypo work lol:bsmilie: )

Do count me in for the next shoot if available then.
Heehee.. ;p

psx2sg said:

You're great !!! I hope next thing I can join in.

Alankpy said:
Do count me in for the next shoot if available then.
Heehee.. ;p
I tot you only interested in sexy hotbabes? :bsmilie:

Hmmm .. not necessary must wait until that date then you can get to shoot ..

In fact, during the 7th month they are many getai around and if you are courteous enough . go ask the Opera Master to grant you permisssion to take their photos during their makeup at backstage and during performance lar .. :D

many years back .. there was getai performance downstair beside my house, I was learning and I went to speak to one of their actor .. he grant me the permission and I went up to their backstage to shoot in film . 1 roll of Kodak ISO800 .. :bsmilie: Later the actor gave me an address and I sent some of the photos to them.

p/s:while you are shooting please minimise and act in discreet not to distrube them .. avoid using flash whenever possible. Personally find using available light is best to portray them....

psx2sg said:
I tot you only interested in sexy hotbabes? :bsmilie:

U can never finishing shooting those sexy hotbabes...
But such unique shooting chance just hardly come by...
I am open to new things anytime... Heehee... ;p

Chinese Opera more rare and exotic mah... :)

I guess many of us are very interested, how about having a list of ppl interested and schedules for upcoming Opera Shot ??:)

jdredd said:
u want TFCD... but pay $3 entrance to pay stage shots? im sorry, but thats a bit rich..

you are very cheap.... :thumbsd:

betazone said:
I guess many of us are very interested, how about having a list of ppl interested and schedules for upcoming Opera Shot ??:)
Well the fact is i happen to have a chance to talked to this amature performering group and had took their photo before(please see my photo site), but as newbie i think i took quiet lousy photo of them, so this time i ask the teacher if she would mind if I ask fellow photographers who might be interested in such shots(On 2 basis: 1-I think most performing troups does not allow photography due reason; 2-backstage shooting are very rare esp for such performances therefore I wouldn't want to let the opprtunity go to a waste) and she allows, but knowing the fact that if I allow too many photographer join in it would hinder the other from shooting so I only allow 5 which i think it is quite comfortable, for maybe just the ticket price(for photographer to go into audience seat to take stage performance, depending on photographer) and a copy of what they took to give to the teacher to show her our appreciation.

But since it is so overwhelming(now then i know:sweatsm: )i will probably try to orgnanise more of such events(if I can make time coz i'm doing it out of kaypo:bsmilie: ).

i would be interested to join if there are still vacancies, or maybe future events :) i can be contacted at 96839188.. tks..

psx2sg said:
Well the fact is i happen to have a chance to talked to this amature performering group and had took their photo before(please see my photo site), but as newbie i think i took quiet lousy photo of them, so this time i ask the teacher if she would mind if I ask fellow photographers who might be interested in such shots(On 2 basis: 1-I think most performing troups does not allow photography due reason; 2-backstage shooting are very rare esp for such performances therefore I wouldn't want to let the opprtunity go to a waste) and she allows, but knowing the fact that if I allow too many photographer join in it would hinder the other from shooting so I only allow 5 which i think it is quite comfortable, for maybe just the ticket price(for photographer to go into audience seat to take stage performance, depending on photographer) and a copy of what they took to give to the teacher to show her our appreciation.

But since it is so overwhelming(now then i know:sweatsm: )i will probably try to orgnanise more of such events(if I can make time coz i'm doing it out of kaypo:bsmilie: ).

Hi psx2sg, i would love to shoot backstage if there're other Chinese Opera performances in future. Hope there'll be more....:)

I will be most delighted if there is a chance to shoot the chinese opera. Do pm me if you have slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.