Charged $1 for receiving an unsolicited CNY greeting SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
vince123123 said:
Mtouche has placed an advertisement/notice to state that the S$1 was a billing error and all charges will be reversed
on today's ST papers? Which page?

The notice was seen in Today Newspaper - not sure if ST also has it.

vince123123 said:
Mtouche has placed an advertisement/notice to state that the S$1 was a billing error and all charges will be reversed

If there wasn't much publicity generated about this 'error', would Mtouche have made off with $XXXXXX by mistake???

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Chlee said:
My colleague who don't know about this received a SMS from Singtel yesterday explaining this and Singtel will be refunding the $1 in the next bill. Also advise users no need to call the Singtel hotline.

Now is M1 doing the same for it's users?
M1? No news... collect $ very on the ball, when it comes to returning $ all take forever.

That could be their business model for all you know :)

alba said:
If there wasn't much publicity generated about this 'error', would Mtouche have made off with $XXXXXX by mistake???

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Just dont pay lor, then no need to wait for returning of $$ :p Anyway M1 got charge interest for outstanding bills?

espn said:
M1? No news... collect $ very on the ball, when it comes to returning $ all take forever.

vince123123 said:
That could be their business model for all you know :)

I know, it's call 'unscrupulous' business....

BTW, how could the telco bill for a service which is not authorised by the subscriber? At least credit card companies bill for what the members authorised.

It's hard to imagine that Singtel and M1 is not in cahoots with Mtouche on this.

Isnt this call ' Partners in Crime' :angry:

Thats the problem with telcos - they adopt a hands off approach - in which case for me, if I ever receive such a erroneous billing, I'll also wash my hands and not pay them that portion disputed :) The only reason why they can continue like this is because our consumer protection lobby is not strong.

alba said:
I know, it's call 'unscrupulous' business....

BTW, how could the telco bill for a service which is not authorised by the subscriber? At least credit card companies bill for what the members authorised.

It's hard to imagine that Singtel and M1 is not in cahoots with Mtouche on this.

Isnt this call ' Partners in Crime' :angry:

vince123123 said:
Just dont pay lor, then no need to wait for returning of $$ :p Anyway M1 got charge interest for outstanding bills?
I cannot leh, my M1 via GIRO :(

Thats the reason why I specifically dont pay my hp bills through GIRO, and all my credit cards are not linked to any bank accounts.

espn said:
I cannot leh, my M1 via GIRO :(

Canew said:
vince123123, may I know where did you see this notice?
See Strats Time, H16 lower left hand corner IIRC.

vince123123 said:

They think we were born yesterday?!? If no one had made noise, they'll happily keep the money!

Ola said:
See Strats Time, H16 lower left hand corner IIRC.
Just read.
'Well Done', the fonts were so small on such a large area. :thumbsd:

vince123123 said:

If Mtouche has made an error, it could have been stopped at telco.

Why is it that Singtel and M1 were not able to contain the 'error' at their end before billing and together (what a conincidence!!) made the same error by billing their subscribers hah? :angry:

If we have to pay 20cents for every charity call in, it is foolhardy to think Singtel and M1 has no cut in this 'error billing'.

Status
Not open for further replies.