Canon S3 Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
lastboltnut said:
Think this is usual. many brands also have the same prob. But not every piece will be like that....you know what I mean?:)

oic...coz I try with sanyo 2300 and GP 2100 and it seem ok leh....hmmm...thks for you help...guess will get it from eastgear later...

radeonic said:
got a query
is it possible to make a bounce card for the S2's default flash?
or must get external flash then can use it?
Must make your own. I ended up using a small card.

cerebrus said:
Must make your own. I ended up using a small card.
how?
got picture?
n where to mount?

Dear S3 users,
I'm in hongkong. took my s3 along. with a 1G Kingston Elite Pro.
Now the Kingston Elite Pro died on me. along with some of my wedding photos caught during last weekend. With a 'Memory error' den it died . now can't format it. can't access it. Gee am i gotta blast Kingston when i come back to Singapore. Luckily i took the spare 512MB card along. Don't think it's sufficient probably get another card at HK computer stores tomorrow.

Argh. Think twice abt using Kingston - cheap may not be good.

Bro, upload your pic to internet in cyber cafe....then can shot another load of 512mb!:)

Junye said:
Dear S3 users,
I'm in hongkong. took my s3 along. with a 1G Kingston Elite Pro.
Now the Kingston Elite Pro died on me. along with some of my wedding photos caught during last weekend. With a 'Memory error' den it died . now can't format it. can't access it. Gee am i gotta blast Kingston when i come back to Singapore. Luckily i took the spare 512MB card along. Don't think it's sufficient probably get another card at HK computer stores tomorrow.

Argh. Think twice abt using Kingston - cheap may not be good.

Hi bro, you dun need any attachment. The 12X is good enough to shoot moon....Just mount on tripod.

HDR will be good for detail though.:)

panzerpunk said:
cerebrus, how to shoot moon with S3? What teleconverter did you use? Where to buy? Thanks

Haa nay i simply bought another 2G sd card at HK. it's cheap here. 70+. transcend.
the PQI one is only 40+ for 2G.. SANDISK is the same here though.

lastboltnut said:
Bro, upload your pic to internet in cyber cafe....then can shot another load of 512mb!:)

can someone tell me of a good camera shop so i can get my accessories for my s3 is. Expecially a slave flash? Please give me the full name...i have no idea what MS or alan photo is..

Alan Photoshop is located at Funan or SLS. Just go in and approach any staffs will do. They do not judge people by price(eg. charging higher for novices). Basically, they offer pretty reasonable prices.

Hi, no matter how good the shop is, it is best that you do some price research before buying anything....if not might get some unfair deal....:)

cerebrus, how to shoot moon with S3? What teleconverter did you use? Where to buy? Thanks
Sorry, did not see this earlier. Like lastboltnut said, you do not really need a tele-converter. What I normally do is to use a bit of digital zoom, up till 15X. Use a tripod also. I normally will shoot a few different exposures. Focus is set to infinity. Then will crop the image slightly.

This was taken with my Raynox DCR1540, effective focal length of 660mm. No digital zoom used, just cropped it slightly.

207839580_0130a5db73.jpg

Hi got some queries abt UV filter which I hope u ppl can help.... I browse thru this thread and it seem tat UV filter is mainly use for protecting the lens for S3? Jus nw was surfing for more info on filters and saw this website, http://dpfwiw.com/filters.htm#uv

Inside, it say that "the only practical optical role for UV filters in digital photography relates not to scatter, but to an artifact known as "purple fringing" (PF). "

So is this true? Does UV filter reali help reduce "purple fringing"?

Btw anybody know the market price of an UV filter? and which brand better huh? Thks~!

Hi guys..i just wanna ask when do i use a lens hood? I'm kinda new to digital cams and don't wanna look stupid.And how do i make my shots in such a way my subjects are in focus and the background blur?? Has it to do with the F stop or something? If yes i've already put the F stop to the lowest 2.7 but still no results

Hi, you need the lens hood when there is glare, i.e. from the sun.

See the Sx IS Pic Thread, post #735 for the blur background (shallow DOF).:)

Hi guys..i just wanna ask when do i use a lens hood? I'm kinda new to digital cams and don't wanna look stupid.And how do i make my shots in such a way my subjects are in focus and the background blur?? Has it to do with the F stop or something? If yes i've already put the F stop to the lowest 2.7 but still no results

Hi, you need the lens hood when there is glare, i.e. from the sun.

See the Sx IS Pic Thread, post #735 for the blur background (shallow DOF).:)

Its post #736 ;)

The sensor on these cameras is really small, which gives a larger DOF. I did not edit that photo to make it blur. You need to zoom out a bit, till about 150mm. That photo was taken at 1/80 sec f4.0, focal length of 270mm.

What tripods do you people use? I have an old Manfrotto 190 with a three way head. Its a good sturdy tripod. Think I can bash someone with it, then continue to take photos. :bsmilie: However, I cannot carry it around with me every day. Am on the look out for a decent mini or micro tripod that I can easily transport.

How heavy is ya manfrotto? I have a super light travel tripod, its in my car all the time....by my cam is not with me most of the time....irony. I brought this tripod with me during my Europe tour....good to have it when going out at night when it is quiet.:sweatsm:

What tripods do you people use? I have an old Manfrotto 190 with a three way head. Its a good sturdy tripod. Think I can bash someone with it, then continue to take photos. :bsmilie: However, I cannot carry it around with me every day. Am on the look out for a decent mini or micro tripod that I can easily transport.

How heavy is ya manfrotto? I have a super light travel tripod, its in my car all the time....by my cam is not with me most of the time....irony. I brought this tripod with me during my Europe tour....good to have it when going out at night when it is quiet.:sweatsm:
Close to 2kg. My S2IS is much much lighter then this! :bsmilie: Cannot find it on their website. Quite an old tripod. I ran around Bali with this thing....

Just looking for a light tripod that I can have with me all the time. How much did yours cost?

Heh! Its passed to me from my Bro again.....free!:bsmilie: But not stable, when I was in europe, there was once so windy that I have to strap my cam on a support to stabilise it for shooting!! But in SG, quite ok lah.:)

Close to 2kg. My S2IS is much much lighter then this! :bsmilie: Cannot find it on their website. Quite an old tripod. I ran around Bali with this thing....

Just looking for a light tripod that I can have with me all the time. How much did yours cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.