Canon S3 Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
tamade said:
Did you buy your lensmate adapter online and had it delivered to you? I read from the forum there's a fellow CSer McGill who has a website sellling Raynox, which is a cheaper way of buying?

Would we be able to get it from AP, CP or MS, or even at SLS?

:)
Lensmate is only online. McGill runs a shop. He only has Raynox 52mm, its matt black. Does not match the body of the S2/S3. I personally like the finish of the Lensmate, since it matches the body of the camera. The build quality of the Raynox is the same as the Lensmate though.

cerebrus said:
Lensmate is only online. McGill runs a shop. He only has Raynox 52mm, its matt black. Does not match the body of the S2/S3. I personally like the finish of the Lensmate, since it matches the body of the camera. The build quality of the Raynox is the same as the Lensmate though.

care to elaborate why the raynox adaptor does not match the body of S2/S3?? the design or colour???

swing123 said:
care to elaborate why the raynox adaptor does not match the body of S2/S3?? the design or colour???
Its a black finish. My S2 IS is silver. Lensmate is a perfect match in terms of colour & finish, the adapter looks like it is part of the camera. The Lensmate and Raynox have the same build quality. Lensmate also has both 58 & 52 mm versions, Raynox has only 52mm.

cerebrus said:
Its a black finish. My S2 IS is silver. Lensmate is a perfect match in terms of colour & finish, the adapter looks like it is part of the camera. The Lensmate and Raynox have the same build quality. Lensmate also has both 58 & 52 mm versions, Raynox has only 52mm.

i see....but you forgot S3 IS is black in colour...........

tamade said:
So you spend a total of S$ 45 for getting your adapter? Does it includes shipping?
That was Raynox. All I had to do was meet James (the guy running the MO at that time). Cannot recall price for the Lensmate, was around $50 including shipping.

cerebrus said:
That was Raynox. All I had to do was meet James (the guy running the MO at that time). Cannot recall price for the Lensmate, was around $50 including shipping.

Thanks. Agree with you that lensmate adapter does look part of S3. :)

Hi i'm a newbie and please help me out.I wish to get a external flash for my S3 IS but since it only can use slave flashes..how would images turn out with the camera flash and slave flash going off at the same time? What i have in my mind is weirdly lighted pics..anyone has a slave flash and kindly post up some pics??? thanks

See the thread below, post #597 by uzume002

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=204520&page=30

Duinchlfc said:
Hi i'm a newbie and please help me out.I wish to get a external flash for my S3 IS but since it only can use slave flashes..how would images turn out with the camera flash and slave flash going off at the same time? What i have in my mind is weirdly lighted pics..anyone has a slave flash and kindly post up some pics??? thanks

By the way gusy, went for a S3 lens adapter hunt with a friend and found that John 3:16 has it arriving this Mon and they are selling at close to $50, cheaper than the recommended price.:)

lastboltnut said:
By the way gusy, went for a S3 lens adapter hunt with a friend and found that John 3:16 has it arriving this Mon and they are selling at close to $50, cheaper than the recommended price.:)
Does it come with a hood?

lastboltnut said:
At this price, you might as well go for the Lensmate or Raynox. The canon adapter is plastic.

cerebrus said:
At this price, you might as well go for the Lensmate or Raynox. The canon adapter is plastic.
lensmate is made of what material?

got a query
is it possible to make a bounce card for the S2's default flash?
or must get external flash then can use it?

Hi ppl...anybody using the powerex 2700 AA batteries for their S3? any prob fitting it in?....seem tat S3's battery compartment might nt be suitable for some AA batteries which r too fat...my GP batteries will get stuck one leh....:dunno:

Think this is usual. many brands also have the same prob. But not every piece will be like that....you know what I mean?:)

scramblur11 said:
Hi ppl...anybody using the powerex 2700 AA batteries for their S3? any prob fitting it in?....seem tat S3's battery compartment might nt be suitable for some AA batteries which r too fat...my GP batteries will get stuck one leh....:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.