Canon PRIVILEGE PURCHASE PROGRAM

Can I avail of this programme more than once?
Say, buy a DSLR first then a pns a second time?
Or two DSLR at different time?

should be possible.

a person can own several cameras.. right?

:embrass:

I am planning to get a dslr and possibly a second set as a gift to my brother.
Anyone did a second purchase?
Bring a friend/relative in to CSC with you and your problem is solved.

any canon camera they is willing to take in right even the film type ( not slr type )
i hear that they only give offer for some model ... just a question do the PRIVILEGE PURCHASE PROGRAM includes the IXUS130IS or IXUS210IS

Bring a friend/relative in to CSC with you and your problem is solved.

Can the friend be healthy, or does he have to be sick? :)

any canon camera they is willing to take in right even the film type ( not slr type )
i hear that they only give offer for some model ... just a question do the PRIVILEGE PURCHASE PROGRAM includes the IXUS130IS or IXUS210IS

Oh my!! u dun even read the 1st page FAQs??

The FAQs has been compile there for a purpose. :sweat:

tinydot said:
Q: What equipment can I use in this program?
A: Any old Canon camera products, even old film camera is accepted.

Q: What new camera can I request from this program?
A: As of now, up to Canon 50D can be requested from old/used SLR/DSLR cameras. Likewise, you can request up to Canon 550D for old/used PnS film/digital cameras. 7D is however not available in this scheme.

i did read but most of the cs help trade in their camera for a DSLR but i just looking for a compact camera and the model i requested is quite new and i dont know whether it is inside the program anot

i did read but most of the cs help trade in their camera for a DSLR but i just looking for a compact camera and the model i requested is quite new and i dont know whether it is inside the program anot

The program is for most models of cameras regardless of DSLR or Compact, UP TO 550D if you trade in a P&S.

& they refer to the list of cameras in here:

http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/buying/promotions

Hi All,

A reminder, for those who did their PPP during the IT show and only got to collect their camera recently, you can ask to be given the IT show promotional items, e.g. crumpler bag, lens book and 8 gb SD.

cheers,

Recycling of the camera bodies? =)

If only, they can take in 5D as well.
Environment friendly, trade in and get it recycled. =P

wow that's good news! i'm going down later to collect my new 550D :D

Hi All,

A reminder, for those who did their PPP during the IT show and only got to collect their camera recently, you can ask to be given the IT show promotional items, e.g. crumpler bag, lens book and 8 gb SD.

cheers,

I have asked the customer service when I visited CSC to clean my 5D regarding this buy back programme... It seems that if I trade in my 5D, I will pay S$1350/- for a 50D body only. Of course, the 1Dmk2 is also trading with 50D at the same price. the customer service says it's Canon stance to protect 7D and 5D2's value, thus only 50D is being offered.

Anyway, why would anyone want to trade in his/her 5D1 with grip with a 50D. In b&s, the 5D1 with grip still can be fetched at around S$1700 plus. Trading into with Canon meaning you 'lugi' another S$1350/-...

I have asked the customer service when I visited CSC to clean my 5D regarding this buy back programme... It seems that if I trade in my 5D, I will pay S$1350/- for a 50D body only. Of course, the 1Dmk2 is also trading with 50D at the same price. the customer service says it's Canon stance to protect 7D and 5D2's value, thus only 50D is being offered.

Anyway, why would anyone want to trade in his/her 5D1 with grip with a 50D. In b&s, the 5D1 with grip still can be fetched at around S$1700 plus. Trading into with Canon meaning you 'lugi' another S$1350/-...

No one want to trade in his/her 5D1 because this is not a trade in(Buy back) program.;p *Nothing personal:)*

Canon Privilege Purchase Program is a program/scheme/marketing ploy for Canon to retain her customer base by offering a newer Camera for a non-working canon camera.
Imagine, if a customer camera is spoil and was told at the service center that it cant be repair, Canon would have the first opportunity to sell the same customer its own product, and this PPP would have sweeten and cemented the deal.

Without the PPP, the customer would have more choices when he walks out of the service center, which Canon does not want it to happen. And that is why the PPP is only offer at the Service center, and not other Canon official shop.

Hope this explanation would clarify the doubt about PPP, and people would stop mistaken it for a buy back program.

Last edited:
Imagine, if a customer camera is spoil and was told at the service center that it cant be repair, Canon would have the first opportunity to sell the same customer its own product, and this PPP would have sweeten and cemented the deal.

well..long long time ago when i was using a Canon P&S...it was out-of-warranty and spolit beyond repair.

Brought back to CSC and I was surprised that I was given a brand new, latest model P&S without the need to pay a cent

I was told that the battery for the new model is different from my old camera and the CSO asked if I am ok to accept this replacement.

Of cos i agreed without hesitation. :bsmilie:

May be that's why I fall in love with Canon :heart: since then :thumbsup:

Last edited:
well..long long time ago when i was using a Canon P&S...it was out-of-warranty and spolit beyond repair.

Brought back to CSC and I was surprised that I was given a brand new, latest model P&S without the need to pay a cent

I was told that the battery for the new model is different from my old camera and the CSO asked if I am ok to accept this replacement.

Of cos i agreed without hesitation. :bsmilie:

May be that's why I fall in love with Canon :heart: since then :thumbsup:

Same here... probably stick with Canon... was tempted to move over to Sony cos their A850 is so much cheaper...:) but not sure if their SCs up to par or not..

Same here... probably stick with Canon... was tempted to move over to Sony cos their A850 is so much cheaper...:) but not sure if their SCs up to par or not..

not sure in terms of service, but their parts are expensive. Read from my user's experience that their repairing will cost the same as buying a brand new set.

I have checked the wear & tear part list for Canon DSLR, and the price are very reasonable. some times, the service center may even waive the cost for small items.

That's the reason why I never afraid of buying used Canon equipment, because I know that if anything goes wrong, the cost for repair will be very reasonable.

The turn-around time for Canon's repair is extremely fast too...eg. if they promise 5 days for repair, i will get it in 3 days. if they promise 3 days of repair, i will get it next day.

not sure in terms of service, but their parts are expensive. Read from my user's experience that their repairing will cost the same as buying a brand new set.

I have checked the wear & tear part list for Canon DSLR, and the price are very reasonable. some times, the service center may even waive the cost for small items.

That's the reason why I never afraid of buying used Canon equipment, because I know that if anything goes wrong, the cost for repair will be very reasonable.

The turn-around time for Canon's repair is extremely fast too...eg. if they promise 5 days for repair, i will get it in 3 days. if they promise 3 days of repair, i will get it next day.

:thumbsup:, good to hear that. So far I have good experience with Canon... and I remembered they fix for free on an OOW A75...

just got my 550D body via PPP as of about 2 weeks ago. traded in a non-working 400D (the guy doesn't check whether its working or non-working, btw)... all i needed to do was to bring the 400D and tell the guy i wanted an upgrade.