Canon PRIVILEGE PURCHASE PROGRAM

550D Kit II at 1429. Great Cam. No regrets selling my Nikon for this!

IF someone give me a old canon camera as gift and I decide to trade-in, it is still applicable?

IF someone give me a old canon camera as gift and I decide to trade-in, it is still applicable?

Yes it is,
you can also opt to buy old cam at Sungei if you dont happen to have one

based on what i read so far, yes. :thumbsup:

thanks for the information..

I'm guessing the best deal would be to trade in a broken film camera bought from cash converter for a 1dMKIV or 5dMKII kit correct?

As of now PPP is up to 50D. All infos are given in Page 1

Clarification. PPP up to 50D is only applicable to film or digital SLR upgrade, if upgrading from compact (including prosumer like G11 or SX20) only up to 550D. You will received all promotional gifts base on the Canon promotion during the time when your upgrade is been taken in at CSC.

As of now PPP is up to 50D. All infos are given in Page 1

Last edited:
so effectively what i can do is buy an old, broken down or barely working canon film camera thats over 10 years old, and use this program to trade it in and get say, 400 bucks off a 50D kit I?

so effectively what i can do is buy an old, broken down or barely working canon film camera thats over 10 years old, and use this program to trade it in and get say, 400 bucks off a 50D kit I?

I would suggest on the choice of word with the service centre people. It's not a trade in program.
It's privilege purchase. You will say you don't need this film SLR anymore as it broken and wants
to know what offer they have for 50D as you do not want to repair this film SLR.

I hope Canon will continue to reward those who stay loyal to the brand.

How I wish Olympus or Panasonic have such program....

I would suggest on the choice of word with the service centre people. It's not a trade in program.
It's privilege purchase. You will say you don't need this film SLR anymore as it broken and wants
to know what offer they have for 50D as you do not want to repair this film SLR.

I hope Canon will continue to reward those who stay loyal to the brand.

How I wish Olympus or Panasonic have such program....

I wish NIKOn will follow too.

Hi , can use this PPP to buy video cam ??
Thanks.

Just got my G11 and 2x 8GB SD cards after waiting for 3 working days (even though I was told to expect to wait for up to 2 weeks)..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well worth it especially if you have an old Canon and have no freaking idea of what to do with it. Too old to fetch a decent price, still good to dispose ....

Hmmmm ... should I upgrade my 350D now? :confused:

Going for the PPP program at CSC tomorrow, but still undecided over whether to get the 550d kit 1 or kit II....haiz....maybe tomorrow toss coin. Any bros wanna suggest? I am buying this camera mainly to shoot my small kids and take outdoor portraits.

Bro, i think is better to have kit II.

I regretted getting kit I and now i'm going to get another lens for more zoom. :confused:

Going for my tamron 18-270mm soon.. ;)

Going for the PPP program at CSC tomorrow, but still undecided over whether to get the 550d kit 1 or kit II....haiz....maybe tomorrow toss coin. Any bros wanna suggest? I am buying this camera mainly to shoot my small kids and take outdoor portraits.

Get Kit II, it may not be fast enough to capture moving kids indoor but you can sell it afterwards to get a faster lens.

Thank you for the advise. Have just came back from Canon CSC, and have opted for the EOS 550D kit II at $1429. Need to wait 1 week. Can't wait to get my hands on the new toy!

congrats....

want to know if anyone asked about the 1000D? the retail price is now down to $799 (less $800)
Is there still a further discount of 20.5%? Tried calling them but they refuse to state the $$ amt

Thanks in advance...