Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to elaborate on the virus. I think i got the guy with the virus cos his com had to copy the photos out to the desktop, which i found was wierd. Please elaborate before i plug it into my computer.

Ok guys, There is a virus detected in my card at the moment BUT I am not sure if it's the virus at the stations. This is it. Detected by AVS and Norton.

OBJECT NAME J:\autorun.inf
DETECTION NAME: Virus indentified Worm/AutoRun.BR
OBJECT TYPE: file
SDK: Core
Result: Moved to Virus Vault

Hello. Would like to share some information to those that attended the Canon 2009 Photomarathon.

Please scan your memory card as some of the laptop seems to be infected with a virus.
There is another thread talking regarding this virus, and I am also affected by this virus. :angry:

url to the other clubsnap thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587039&highlight=photomarathon

Please spread the word and format your card to be safe!

Yeah, my friend transferred his and one of his shot became corrupted! :sweat:

1 CANON lady dropped my lexar card on the floor after xferring and my d700 can't view it! needa use my computer later

I am also very disappointed with how they managed our memory cards.

After copying into their laptop, they just pluck out the memory card without even Click on 'Safely Remove Hardware'. What happens if the card is still in the reading process, there goes my memory card.

These people should be trained to handle things properly instead of just employing them to copy files without proper usage knowledge.

After copying into their laptop, they just pluck out the memory card without even Click on 'Safely Remove Hardware'. What happens if the card is still in the reading process, there goes my memory card.

These people should be trained to handle things properly instead of just employing them to copy files without proper usage knowledge.

I also quite disappointed haizzz had spend an hour or so just to scan my PC. And reformat the card too....;(

haha cant blame them la.. some external cardreaders when safely remove will remove the whole card reader.. means need to pluck in USB again, detect reader, then detect card.. thats wad happens to my lousy card reader lol! so since they each need to process hundreds of photos cant expect them to do it huh.. jus pluck out wun hav big harm ba.. corrupt mus admit suey :)

Precisely!!! I transferred twice today and TWICE they did that!!! ;( Earlier scanned my 8GB Extreme III for any errors and found none, now doing a deep system scan together with my laptop drives.

If anything were to happen to my CF card i'll hold them responsible.

Last edited:
I kena the damn virus from their stupid laptop!!! I am going to write a complain... Shoot from their Global down.
Luckily i installed spyware and antivirus to stop these virus in time. Otherwise I don't know what will happen to my clients photo!!!

Last edited:
Precisely!!! I transferred twice today and TWIC they did that!!! ;( Earlier scanned my 8GB Extreme III for any errors and found none, now doing a deep system scan together with my laptop drives.

If anything were to happen to my CF card i'll hold them responsible.

Yea this is freaking crazy. Hmmmm I think I will write in. This is bad....

I kena the damn virus from their stupid laptop!!! I am going to write a complain... Shoot from their Global down.
Luckily i installed spyware and antivirus to stop these virus in time. Otherwise I don't know what will happen to my clients photo!!!

Dunno the virus come from where one. I think more or less most of the Toshiba laptops have it.

They looked like personal laptops too me. That is why. Hmmmm nevermind.... scanned and wrote to them. Hope that they will do something for us.

They looked like personal laptops too me. That is why. Hmmmm nevermind.... scanned and wrote to them. Hope that they will do something for us.

No they're not as all are similar types. I supposed sponsored by Toshiba.

I feel that the people doing those photos downloading handle stuffs quite roughly. ;(

true true i agree , even my little cousin 5 years old can do things better than them, this could be because they have a certain time limit to adhere to(imo) ! furthermore i think the judging was :confused:

Hmmm lets concentrate on more important things first, scanning, format card etc salvage wat can be save first.

No they're not as all are similar types. I supposed sponsored by Toshiba.

Hmmm lets concentrate on more important things first, scanning, format card etc salvage wat can be save first.
my memory card has been detected with trojan and i think it spread and affected most people cause their coms were networked?

true true i agree , even my little cousin 5 years old can do things better than them, this could be because they have a certain time limit to adhere to(imo) ! furthermore i think the judging was :confused:

That's also part of the reason why i never bothered to take part in these photomarathons. I just go there accompany friends and shoot for fun.

WOW! lucky I didnt join this year :sweat:... Good lucks guys. Hope none of your cameras are affected by the Virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.