canon nikon compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgmi

Mar 12, 2005
i have a canon eos33 and i'm thinkin of buying a flash unit for it. however i'm quite interested in d70s. are the flashes readily 'shareable'? or if i wanna convert i'll have to get seperate flashes??? are there like flashes which are better for nikon and usable for canon. coz in time to come most likely i'll be using the digital way more than the film

pls advice,
Evan

msgmi said:
i have a canon eos33 and i'm thinkin of buying a flash unit for it. however i'm quite interested in d70s. are the flashes readily 'shareable'? or if i wanna convert i'll have to get seperate flashes??? are there like flashes which are better for nikon and usable for canon. coz in time to come most likely i'll be using the digital way more than the film

pls advice,
Evan

The genuine Nikon and Canon flashes can be cross used, but only in manual mode. If you want a flash that can be used on both systems you'll need to look at the likes of Metz or Sunpak and get different 'hot shoe modules' for each system.

All the top nikon hotshoe flashes have an Auto-aperture mode that allows them to be used on any ISO hotshoe compatible camera without much fuss.

Thanks alot i guess most likely i'll get a nikon flash as i doubt i'll be using much of the film once i get my hands on the digital.

if you want full compatibility with your Nikon D70s, get a SB600 or SB800. earlier Nikon flash does not work in TTL mode with the D70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.