Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

In the price guide section, there are a list recommended shops, thou the address may be outdated, but the shops should be still around in other parts of sg. Common favourites are at least cathay, tk, slrr. Drop them an email to get quotes...

Thanks for the recomendation, I'm new around here and lookign for a 5D4, so this will help.

edit :

- TKfoto quotes (inc GST)
Cash 4,590
Card 4,668

I'll update with more quotes when received.

Last edited:
Wondering if anybody can provide any real-world review regarding the huge file size from the M-JPEG compression for 4K recording? Is it usable? Getting mixed reviews online. At this price point, is it worth the $4.5K for a predominantly stills camera? I could buy 2 units of Nikon d750 or invest in more glass. Or perhaps wait and see what specs would be included in the 6d mark ii :D

Got my Kit II at CP $6016 w/GST last nite.

MSc quoted $5900 w/GST but nil stock

Harvey Norman quoted $6174 ( they have stock but not sure if this is with or without GST )

Wondering if anybody can provide any real-world review regarding the huge file size from the M-JPEG compression for 4K recording? Is it usable? Getting mixed reviews online. At this price point, is it worth the $4.5K for a predominantly stills camera? I could buy 2 units of Nikon d750 or invest in more glass. Or perhaps wait and see what specs would be included in the 6d mark ii :D

The problem with waiting is that there will just be better stuff coming out.

If 6DM2 comes out in End 2017 or Early 2018 ... then 5DR II will be out within a year after that so it will never end. Lol.

I can live with the large video files cause i don't do weddings anymore and mainly commercial shoots. I believe it will be a hassle for wedding shooters and a nightmare when u shoot 4K at church ceremonies where a speech can last 30mins.

I don't think 5D is the right camera for videographers anymore. A7S2 beats it all year round but the color suck so some are turning to Fuji cameras for the color or sticking to their C100 (losing the 4K)

I own a 5D4 and a 5D3 and i do love the upgrade specs and tech but i mainly use it for portraits so its the best camera that balances quality and effectiveness for me.

Just wondering for the enthusiast who doesnt earn from photog whether its worth the upgrade or wait for the 6D2 as an upgrade from my 6D. Kinda find the 6D's AF limiting with the focus and recompose so looking for something with more AF points as well. But for 4600 i can easily buy like a 24-70 mk2 and 70-200mk 2 2nd hand with spare change left over so is quite a mighty trade off!

Just wondering for the enthusiast who doesnt earn from photog whether its worth the upgrade or wait for the 6D2 as an upgrade from my 6D. Kinda find the 6D's AF limiting with the focus and recompose so looking for something with more AF points as well. But for 4600 i can easily buy like a 24-70 mk2 and 70-200mk 2 2nd hand with spare change left over so is quite a mighty trade off!

My opinion is that if one kept thinking of the tradeoff costs, then cost is a priority. Hence buy what you r happy to part the money for.
Buying a leica M240 costs more than twice a 5dmk4 n besides being manual focus, it is also like 3 year old model and yet ppl will still buy it bcos they value what Leica offers.

The 5D MK IV is on sale at Changi Airport T2's e-gadget mini at $4800+ body only.

The 5D MK IV is on sale at Changi Airport T2's e-gadget mini at $4800+ body only.

not very cheap without promotions, but with the recent double GST changi promotions wld have been a great deal.

Everyone has to find the border between 'needed / required' and 'nice to have / drooling over new toy'. The line might be different from enthusiast to professional, though. Defining it helps to save money and make a conscious decision.

not very cheap without promotions, but with the recent double GST changi promotions wld have been a great deal.

True, but I'm still sticking to my first gen 5D which I'm taking it with me to Korea tomorrow midnight.

True, but I'm still sticking to my first gen 5D which I'm taking it with me to Korea tomorrow midnight.

That camera never fails to amaze me! Simple, basic and yet creates great colours, great exposures and amazing photographs that pop.

Introduced as a revolutionary camera back in 2005, it is still a workhorse for many professionals and enthusiasts all around the world. Not too many cameras can lay claim to that!

That camera never fails to amaze me! Simple, basic and yet creates great colours, great exposures and amazing photographs that pop.

Introduced as a revolutionary camera back in 2005, it is still a workhorse for many professionals and enthusiasts all around the world. Not too many cameras can lay claim to that!

How this compared to ARii that u own?

How this compared to ARii that u own?

i have both the a7r2 and 5Div .

IQ wise i wld say a7r2 definitely has the upper hand. DR and sharpness with the AA less higher resolution sensor.

however the 5Div is just more reliable in use with the nice canon colors, and now DR is quite improved vs the previous 5D2/3.

the touch screen on the 5Div is so nice in use that i now tend to touch the screen on my a7r2 to realise nothing changes hehe.... sony needs to put in a good touch interface on the a7 series fast.

IQ wise i wld say a7r2 definitely has the upper hand. DR and sharpness with the AA less higher resolution sensor.

however the 5Div is just more reliable in use with the nice canon colors, and now DR is quite improved vs the previous 5D2/3.

the touch screen on the 5Div is so nice in use that i now tend to touch the screen on my a7r2 to realise nothing changes hehe.... sony needs to put in a good touch interface on the a7 series fast.

Thanks for sharing insights...yes, Canon touch screen implementation is top class. Sony need to catch up on this.

in terms of buffer 5d4 is much better then a7r2 i suppose?
i having a7r2 for sometime now i still not comfortable with the lag time after taking 4-5 shot in a row need to wait a while

in terms of buffer 5d4 is much better then a7r2 i suppose?
i having a7r2 for sometime now i still not comfortable with the lag time after taking 4-5 shot in a row need to wait a while

Read somewhere, writing speed of Sony mirrorless camera is lower, could be the bottleneck as well for continuos shoot.

http://alikgriffin.com/best-sd-memory-card-sony-a7rii

That camera never fails to amaze me! Simple, basic and yet creates great colours, great exposures and amazing photographs that pop. Introduced as a revolutionary camera back in 2005, it is still a workhorse for many professionals and enthusiasts all around the world. Not too many cameras can lay claim to that!

Yes and currently in Jeju now and today rained the whole day, but still brought it out together with my 24-70 and shoot, excellent job! I'm just planning to use it until it dies completely then change.

In another note, I also brought my 600EX-RT with me but never use it.

That's why it's still with me as back up after my 5D3 purchase :)

hands-on review
[video=youtube;idm61JtsYJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idm61JtsYJc[/video]