Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Mark 4 looks primed to be a big disappointment. 1DX2 is being outclassed by the D5, losing in the key areas of AF and High ISO performance. So judging by that, 5D4 will only be a marginal improvement over the 5D3, with the only real improvement (for stills) being dynamic range at lower ISO, anti flickering, slightly higher fps burst, as well as the center point rated up to -3ev. Stuff like Wifi, GPS, Touchscreen does not affect the quality of the photos in everyway... and people who shoot for billboards will stick with their 5DSR anyway so higher MP is useless.

Videographers will probably love 5D4's live view focusing and 4k, but then again these doesn't affect stills photographers.

I guess Canon didn't expect Nikon to make such an enormous leap between D4s and D5, which probably caught them by surprise. They probably thought that the 1DX is gonna sit on the throne for a while hence was only working on features and marginal upgrades. So all things considered, 5D5 and 1DX3 should be one hell of a revolutionary camera :)

but will Canon come out with software upgrade to competes with Nikon. although the history show no competition for this series of model but to improve the bug in it

but will Canon come out with software upgrade to competes with Nikon. although the history show no competition for this series of model but to improve the bug in it

mmmmm the camera hasn't even been officially announced and we are asking for software upgrades already?

It seems like a mini 1Dx II.

Nothing exciting or revolutionary.

If the 5D4 really has "Dual Pixel AF" in video, i.e., focus following the subject as it moves (in Movie Mode of 70D), I'm eagerly looking forward to it! I love the shooting video with 70D, especially during wedding march-in's but hate the noise the crop produces. Can't wait to use that function on a FF :D

*Edited* I think I'm gonna sell my 5D3 n 70D (n IR-100D) just to get this 5D4 :)

Last edited:
If the 5D4 really has "Dual Pixel AF" in video, i.e., focus following the subject as it moves (in Movie Mode of 70D), I'm eagerly looking forward to it! I love the shooting video with 70D, especially during wedding march-in's but hate the noise the crop produces. Can't wait to use that function on a FF :D

*Edited* I think I'm gonna sell my 5D3 n 70D (n IR-100D) just to get this 5D4 :)

Actually, 5D4 with STM lens will for sure give u smooth AF. Thats like a non issue cause when 5D3 was out, there was no STM technology yet so this has become a basic thing in all their newer cameras like 70D and newer.

Dual Pixel is more useful for post editing in photo to make sure u get the sharpest focus but we still donno the exact usage so lets see the official announcement in 4 days.

It seems like a mini 1Dx II.

Nothing exciting or revolutionary.

i think DSLRs have matured to the stage where it is hard to be revolutionary.

everything is an evolution. better iso, more DR, more FPS, slowly building up.

I would say dual pixel AF was a revolution, just it first appeared on the 70D, and now it will be on the 5D4.

To have something different, canon needs to invest more into the mirrorless platform, but even if they do a FF mirrorless with good AF that can use EF glass, it's already been done by Sony. So no longer revolutionary, more of catching up.

speaking of rumoured specs, if the dual pixel raw really allows DOF and AF adjustment in post like the LYTO, it is a revolution for DSLRs.

Last edited:
Actually, 5D4 with STM lens will for sure give u smooth AF. Thats like a non issue cause when 5D3 was out, there was no STM technology yet so this has become a basic thing in all their newer cameras like 70D and newer.

Dual Pixel is more useful for post editing in photo to make sure u get the sharpest focus but we still donno the exact usage so lets see the official announcement in 4 days.

I wonder if PS/LR will also hv to be updated bcoz of that Dual Pixel post processing thingy.

Does anyone remember the launch price of 5D3 in SGD pls? I'm trying to agaa-agaa n juggle how much to prepare for 5D4 :D

I wonder if PS/LR will also hv to be updated bcoz of that Dual Pixel post processing thingy.

Does anyone remember the launch price of 5D3 in SGD pls? I'm trying to agaa-agaa n juggle how much to prepare for 5D4 :D

i recall i bought the 5D3 at launch at about 42xx

Darn, that means I am still short! :(

Darn, that means I am still short! :(
If can afford to wait. Wait till the price drops (1 year++)....if you are OK with mk3 just buy from bns.. prices will confirm be a lot lower than the mk4.

One thing that not a lot of writeups are mentioning is that there's a pretty significant crop of 1.74x if you want to shoot in 4K. Might need to invest in some extremely wide lenses if you need to shoot wide angle.