Canon EOS 450D Club - GED - III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had prefer to use AA for flash only. For camera, stick to the batteries than use AA since they last much longer.

Sanyo Eneloop at $15 before GST. Pretty reasonable I guess. Anyone has a better deal? ;)

Just in case all my 4 LP-E5 runs dry. I doubt it will, hopefully. Going for convention and tour in HK in July. Waiting for gahman $$ then carefully plan my equipment. :bsmilie:

$110 - Grip + 2 LP-E5

Grip alone is $90. One Phottix LP-E5 is about more than $10. I go for the package instead. :)

And seriously, Phottix grip is way affordable than Canon's. And if you were to compare 'em side by side, you can hardly notice much difference other than the obvious ones such as brand etc. ;)

i smell ppl talkin abt me lor... :think:

anyway, xhui, do bring a small spray bottle to fake rain drop....:)

any lens can do wonder so long u dun shoot like a typical PNS which i always do lor. :bsmilie:

since u got the 10-22..why not take it as a challenge and use it on dat day?

who noe u might have winner shot?

hi there jlkk!

thanks for sharing! woah, great advices coming from all u guys, would never have thought of a water spray! but then, that means i goton do quite closeup shots for the droplets i assume? hmm.

UWA, kindof different perspective, kindof learnt that either i go real close to my subject or i take a loooong scenary kind of shots to really get the effects of a UWA. er am i half correct?

oh, with so little time given for each assignment, i think tripod would not be necessary? aiyo, one thing abt photog for us gals is, heavy gears = :sweat::sweat:

Just in case all my 4 LP-E5 runs dry. I doubt it will, hopefully. Going for convention and tour in HK in July. Waiting for gahman $$ then carefully plan my equipment. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: So good, still get money. I don't even get a single cent from 'em.

Then most probably you'll have to bring along your AA tray.

i got the eneloop batteries for my 430exII also. excellent batts, rem when i first got them, i was already out for a shoot, i just popped them all in my flash and it worked like a charm. batt holds its charge over time pretty well! :thumbsup:

Yup. I'm using them in my flash too. Ryan, you should have seen how many quick shots I was doing when we were outside Centerpoint yesterday. Flash lamp was able to "re-charge" rather quickly.

Also like xhui said, they hold their charge very well. I've only charged mine twice since I bought them in dec.

:bsmilie: Generally you gotta ask yourself whether such way of shooting is a feasible method or not.

Don't bother to get L lens. Your kit lens should be able to handle the job with ease.

hmm...i have cheapo lens to cover a wide range. 18-55 kit and 70-300 tamron.
so i think can live with one excellent quality lens which comes in between.

after which i can proceed with flash/diffuser(maybe)/cable-release/BG

i was thinking my kit can do the wide angle. but to shoot subject discreetly from far it may not be enough.

And seriously, Phottix grip is way affordable than Canon's. And if you were to compare 'em side by side, you can hardly notice much difference other than the obvious ones such as brand etc. ;)

agree totally! im loving my phottix BG! the nice rubbery feel and i think im starting to prefer holding my cam on the BG as its bigger to hold then e normal grip on the 450D heh. :p

oh, a friend saw my cam as i placed it down on table, then he said "wah, ur BG chiong one ah?" :bsmilie:

hi there jlkk!

thanks for sharing! woah, great advices coming from all u guys, would never have thought of a water spray! but then, that means i goton do quite closeup shots for the droplets i assume? hmm.

UWA, kindof different perspective, kindof learnt that either i go real close to my subject or i take a loooong scenary kind of shots to really get the effects of a UWA. er am i half correct?

oh, with so little time given for each assignment, i think tripod would not be necessary? aiyo, one thing abt photog for us gals is, heavy gears = :sweat::sweat:

If you have macro lens, then you could take shots of the droplets! :bsmilie: This is in for more poisoning of your money to infect you with the well-known virus, BBB.

Tripod would be good though. ;)

hi there jlkk!

Jimmy bro is a guy packed with ideas. Without his help, I think yesterday SSS wouldn't be such fun. Anyway, thanks Jimmy for gathering the people via PM. You're one great outing organizer to have. :thumbsup:

oh bored...haha...no lah, i'm fine going to shoot alone hehe. can test out my new tamron 70-300mm too provided i get it on tuesday.

any ideas which L lens to go for street shots without looking in the viewfinder? basically, shooting excellent pictures without letting people know u're shooting.

best if we can mod the shutter sound away. tat way close up they also wldn't know wahaha...

24MM F1.4L is the best lens that i can think of. Due to it's wide and fast speed. You can capture alot of stuffs.

You can't turn of the shutter sound. it is a mechanically sound ;p Only PnS can.

hmm...i have cheapo lens to cover a wide range. 18-55 kit and 70-300 tamron.
so i think can live with one excellent quality lens which comes in between.

after which i can proceed with flash/diffuser(maybe)/cable-release/BG

i was thinking my kit can do the wide angle. but to shoot subject discreetly from far it may not be enough.

:bsmilie: Seriously, when you use a L lens, what makes you think it will be more discreet than using 18-55mm or 70-300mm? Anyone with good eye sight should be able to see you taking pictures of 'em unless you choose to stalk 'em from far distance using 300mm.

Yup. I'm using them in my flash too. Ryan, you should have seen how many quick shots I was doing when we were outside Centerpoint yesterday. Flash lamp was able to "re-charge" rather quickly.

Also like xhui said, they hold their charge very well. I've only charged mine twice since I bought them in dec.

I seriously envy all of you yesterday with strobes. Damn. Flashing everyone along the way. Haha! :bsmilie:

Jimmy bro is a guy packed with ideas. Without his help, I think yesterday SSS wouldn't be such fun. Anyway, thanks Jimmy for gathering the people via PM. You're one great outing organizer to have. :thumbsup:

paiseh wor:embrass:

anyway, i got the pics out liao but i dun not how to pp lor...

me basically like to anyhow shoot or see ppl shoot...

why not i send u the pic n u PP for me? :bsmilie:

agree totally! im loving my phottix BG! the nice rubbery feel and i think im starting to prefer holding my cam on the BG as its bigger to hold then e normal grip on the 450D heh. :p

oh, a friend saw my cam as i placed it down on table, then he said "wah, ur BG chiong one ah?" :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: "Chiong" doesn't equate to lousy.

Usually only people with big palms appreciate BG, at least that's what I think of.

Haha! It's ok. Some of them also nv PP then post to the thread alrdy. ;)

But if you really want me to help you to PP, I'm fine. But it will be towards my liking wor.

Anyway, I will be having a week of break from school from 23 Mar to 27 Mar, I can help those who want to learn basic Photoshop skills to enhance photos. I cannot guarantee my ways are correct but those are what I had learn through magazine production workshop, digital art education and friends over the years. I will make out a date and let you guys know and see the response.

Last edited:

Just post the pics... I also dunno how to PP, but I still post my so-called "best" shots.
It's more important to have some pics (with or w/o PP) than to have no pics at all.

wah...xhui22 although u're new but u're like fully geared to take the world liao wor. got flash got BG got lens liao. haiz...i can only slowly build up my gears. ya..hw he noe its a chiong one?

I seriously envy all of you yesterday with strobes. Damn. Flashing everyone along the way. Haha! :bsmilie:

strobes are external flash? or are u referring to those attached to the hot shoe (its called hot shoe rite? haaa)?

seriously u guys just flash at random ppl?? no complains?

wah...xhui22 although u're new but u're like fully geared to take the world liao wor. got flash got BG got lens liao. haiz...i can only slowly build up my gears. ya..hw he noe its a chiong one?

strobes are external flash? or are u referring to those attached to the hot shoe (its called hot shoe rite? haaa)?

seriously u guys just flash at random ppl?? no complains?

I also slowly building my equipment list. It never stops until you gave up this hobby for good.

Strobes are external flash that are mounted on hotshoe or offshoe.

No lah. Flashing at those posing for us to shoot. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
hi there jlkk!

well, i guess it would be gd to have a tripod for landscape or closeup shoot even though it kinda of bulky..:bsmilie:

if u want, i can lend u my 60mm...;p but i think ur kit lens can do just fine lor.

i guess u shld look out more on the composition and lighting....

basically when u reach there, dun hurry urself to get a shot, instead walk round the place and find the swee swee spot.

Would u prefer to take 1000 pics and none of them come out swee swee or take just a few but swee swee pics leh? :) (gosh...i'm actually giving adv liao)

well, i guess it would be gd to have a tripod for landscape or closeup shoot even though it kinda of bulky..:bsmilie:

if u want, i can lend u my 60mm...;p but i think ur kit lens can do just fine lor.

i guess u shld look out more on the composition and lighting....

basically when u reach there, dun hurry urself to get a shot, instead walk round the place and find the swee swee spot.

Would u prefer to take 1000 pics and none of them come out swee swee or take just a few but swee swee pics leh? :) (gosh...i'm actually giving adv liao)
:bsmilie: Your 60mm could do better than the kit lens, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.