Canon EOS 450D Club - GED - II

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno: 1/4000 means the shutter is only open for 0.00025s. Do you know that?

You dun need a flash. You need to read Photography Notes For Newbies.

In the mean time, do not shoot in M mode yet.

Hey Parampita, good of you to post this link. Very useful to a newbie like me!

hey guys, need some advice on the dry box.

What is the required humidity level to maintain our cams in good shape? Mine is constantly reading about 30%, that good enough?

hey guys, need some advice on the dry box.

What is the required humidity level to maintain our cams in good shape? Mine is constantly reading about 30%, that good enough?

Recommended humidity for cameras is 45-55% RH

When I see 450D picture thread, I don't dare to put any of my picture already. Totally out =(

anyone uses a battery grip for their 450d?
is it worth it to invest it in a entry dslr?

It will help with the weight balance when u get bigger heavier lens. Also the extra batt.

Hi all im also using the canon 450d .

Intending to get the 70-200mm f/4 or 70-200f/2.8 .

anyone using this ?Don't know whether it's worth investing in the f/2.8 one .

Fast action and low-light, get f/2.8. :) Otherwise, f/4 should do the job.

I never regretted getting the grip if for nothing else I at least have a better grip on the camera. It is now so much more comfortable holding the camera body and with the ability to hold 2 batteries at the same time no more worries about the battery dying half way in a shoot...so impt during events when the time taken to change a battery could mean loss of a good shot. :)

For a better grip on your camera + extra batt life + good vertical holding position (good for portraits) + added weight to balance with heavier lens.

No doubt, a battery grip is good to have. I'm getting a Phottix Premium one this weekend from one of the seller in CS. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Perhaps you should ask yourself, if you need the f/2.8. If you cannot answer, most likely you won't be needing it which could save quite a few big bucks in getting the f/4 instead.

Please do consider that there's a difference in weight between the both. I had used the f/2.8 non-IS on a few occasions for my church events and it's very heavy and make my 450D looks tiny puny. Haha!

Last edited:
Perhaps you should ask yourself, if you need the f/2.8. If you cannot answer, most likely you won't be needing it which could save quite a few big bucks in getting the f/4 instead.

Please do consider that there's a difference in weight between the both. I had used the f/2.8 non-IS on a few occasions for my church events and it's very heavy and make my 450D looks tiny puny. Haha!
It's not about the camera. It's about the lens and the shooter behind the trigger. A tank has a small barrel and a large body, but still that very small barrel releases extreme damage which packs the punch. :)

GMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.