Canon CCD problem announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
yinghaw said:
I sent my camera to Canon for repair, and they've confirmed that the CCD sensor was defective. I was offered to 2 options:

1. Repair my existing IXUS II, but that will take more than 2 months. Parts are not available locally.

2. Replace my IXUS II with a brand new IXUS 50, with immediate stock.

Both option were FOC of course. Without hesitation I took option 2. Replacing a 3 year old 3.2mp camera with a brand new 5mp camera, good deal don't you think. Excellent Canon support team.
Yes, should be free upgrade instead of paying $140++ for 5MP.

does anyone else got the Ixus 50 offer? my friend A70 just die off also with black screen

my A80 jus dieded....will post a pic later tis wk...not sure if related the the problem mentioned.

my A70 finally got hit by the CCD problem after i went to to malaysia.
will go down to canon spore this evening to get it sort out.

never get to take any photos during the new year's eve period and the 2nd part of my holiday trip.

now it is just a purple screen, just like those ghost movies.
dun mind they give my the option to upgrade to A95.

My A70 died too. Seems to have the problem they announced,
Will go down later to their service centre. Wonder if they will give immediate accessment of whether its the CCD problem or do I have to wait, I hate to wait when repair charges are involved if its not:(
Do they offer the A95 to all who send in the A70 or only those with the above fault:dunno:

My A80

crap1.jpg

crap2.jpg

crap3.jpg

crap4.jpg

Any idea if this is under the fauty CCD thingy? I don't see A80 in the list.

thanks

di0nysus said:
My A80

crap1.jpg

crap2.jpg

crap3.jpg

crap4.jpg

Any idea if this is under the fauty CCD thingy? I don't see A80 in the list.

thanks

this is how the LCD screen of my A70 looks like now.
purple colour image.
any one can confirm is this due to the CCD problem

hi there

did anyone send in any cameras recently? will they replace it with a new model? please advise.... i have a spoilt A70... CCD blackout.

thanks

FOC repaired my A80. changed CCD within 3 working days. :)

are they still doing any replacement programme?

terryw83 said:
are they still doing any replacement programme?

terryw83, my colleague sent in his camera 2 weeks back. They replaced the CCD for him FOC although there is no more warranty.

Mine just died yesterday and I sent in mine just this morning. They said repairs are FOC unless there are other problems other than CCD failure when they trouble-shoot the whole system.

I was hoping they could offer me the option to upgrade to A95 cos I want to get an u/w housing for my camera (but of cos not for a faulty cam!)

Hopefully whatever problem abt image quality will not surface after the repair. Gotta wait 1.5 weeks now..

Wow! Canon not only repair my A75 CCD (warranty expired), they send it to my office yesterday via Speedpost service.

Thanks, Canon!

even if they dun replacment, getting the spoilt camera to trade in for another model is also good ^ ^

I just sent my A60 to the canon service center today because this CCD problem. The service personnel said this is a known problem and no fee will be charged. The strange thing is that the description of the problem in the receipt says: Camera mode turn black.

i sent my a70 for repair on ccd problem before the announcement was made.
i recently went to request for refund on the service charge.
i got my cheque from canon today.

kudos to canon!

Status
Not open for further replies.