Canon CCD problem announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, hi,

finally chanced upon this thread after so much searching & surfing to find out what's wrong with my Canon Ixy (Canon Ixus 500 but bought in Japan).

my canon came down with the same problem (pictures all turn pinkish) since August 2006. however, being a camera idiot, we don't know what was wrong. and hubby insisted that it's not worth to change the chip as it will cost a few hundred bucks!! end up we just bought a Nikon S7 at the recent IT fair. :(

anway, straight to the point. anyone sent their camera in for repair due to the CCD recently? are you charged repair fee or they change the CCD FOC? i'll be glad enough if they fix the problem FOC, since we bought the camera in Japan, and not locally.

thanks.

No Problems.
Even if your set is not bought locally in Singapore, as long as the model (or its overseas equivalent) is listed in their web announcement of this issue, they will repair FOC.
Provided they checked and confirmed it is a CCD defect related problem.
The FOC repair is only for the CCD defect part, if there happens to be any other defects in the camera, cahnces are they will charge you for those.

Just bring down lah.... they should be able to advise you on the spot.

No Problems.
Even if your set is not bought locally in Singapore, as long as the model (or its overseas equivalent) is listed in their web announcement of this issue, they will repair FOC.
Provided they checked and confirmed it is a CCD defect related problem.
The FOC repair is only for the CCD defect part, if there happens to be any other defects in the camera, cahnces are they will charge you for those.

Just bring down lah.... they should be able to advise you on the spot.

hi, hi,

ya, i sent them an email last night, before i read this thread, to ask them how long does it take to assess/troubleshoot the faulty camera, with an attached pix. the customer care replied

"From the image attach, we suspect it is the image sensor might be the issue.

# If the cause is confirm due to CCD issue (refer to Canon website's notice for detail), it will be repair FOC.

It will takes about 5 days for assessment and 10 working days for repair."

Do they need so long to assess and repair?????

probably will bring it down tomorrow since i'm going to the cruise centre.

Hiaz.. sent my A70 in last week and they only offered to repair it for free, no upgrade or swap to other models... hehe...

Mixed feelings now.. Collecting my A70 tomorrow(and assuming it will work and that should be a good thing)..yet.. and there goes my "New camera" plan... hehe..

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.