Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

May I know what happen at teh service center. What I mean is do I leave the cam with them and they will call me back another day. Or immediate they can make a decision.

I think 50D dont hv... 500D only max

pardon my ignorance. can we get the 500D with any lens? Or have to get the kits?

do you mean without? yes, you can get the body, kit 1, or kit 2. up to you

do you mean without? yes, you can get the body, kit 1, or kit 2. up to you

i mean if not kit 1, kit 2, can we get with other lens? no right :)

No. Only body or kit 1 or kit 2

Just "ordered" my 500D yesterday,staff told me it'll take about 1 week to arrive..

just curious, for those buy back program, why must wait for 1 week then can collect the set, can we collect on the spot?

by the way, if we bring in an old canon digital camera like those 3mp, roughly how much discount off the 500d kit 1 or kit 2? i am sure alot of bro here did it. I know it may depend on the model and subject to their review of the set, but just want to know the estimated discount.

i intend to get a 500d kit1, if get from CP,AP or MS, i can get it at $1150 for kit1, base on Canon kit1 price of $1299, if they can give only 10% off, which is $1169, then no worth asking for this buy back program.

even if they can give 15% off, they kit1 price will be $1104, yes, cheaper, save about $50, but the hassle is there.

just curious, for those buy back program, why must wait for 1 week then can collect the set, can we collect on the spot?

by the way, if we bring in an old canon digital camera like those 3mp, roughly how much discount off the 500d kit 1 or kit 2? i am sure alot of bro here did it. I know it may depend on the model and subject to their review of the set, but just want to know the estimated discount.

i intend to get a 500d kit1, if get from CP,AP or MS, i can get it at $1150 for kit1, base on Canon kit1 price of $1299, if they can give only 10% off, which is $1169, then no worth asking for this buy back program.

even if they can give 15% off, they kit1 price will be $1104, yes, cheaper, save about $50, but the hassle is there.

it's a fixed discount as mentioned in the earlier pages of about 21%.doesn't matter what model you bring,the staff who attended to me didn't even check the camera.

Yep, the discount is fixed and independent on what camera model you bring in. I brought in my film based camera and got a good discount for my powershot D10. Have to wait for collection though.

No. Only body or kit 1 or kit 2

thanks for the reply :).

yeah. I notice some getting the kit 2 and sell the body and lens separately. Can make money from it :bsmilie:

Yep, the discount is fixed and independent on what camera model you bring in. I brought in my film based camera and got a good discount for my powershot D10. Have to wait for collection though.

sorry i would just like to clarify. even if it's film based camers, as long as it is CANON, there is 21% discount on any model? i wanna get a canon G11 :) thanks

sorry i would just like to clarify. even if it's film based camers, as long as it is CANON, there is 21% discount on any model? i wanna get a canon G11 :) thanks

yes....:)

thanks for the reply :).

yeah. I notice some getting the kit 2 and sell the body and lens separately. Can make money from it :bsmilie:
Sort of lah... I really wanted to keep the 18-200mm lens but need to pay school fees before I get my bonus... :(
Need to part away my 18-200mm that I love very much.
Shooting at 1/15 at 200mm without obvious blur at 100% pixel peeping, 18-200mm is really a very decent lens!

Sort of lah... I really wanted to keep the 18-200mm lens but need to pay school fees before I get my bonus... :(
Need to part away my 18-200mm that I love very much.
Shooting at 1/15 at 200mm without obvious blur at 100% pixel peeping, 18-200mm is really a very decent lens!

hhahahaa...... cute! ok, very honest! :p

but my fren said it is not very good. he kinda regret getting that. that is why I am scared of kit lens. but then now i have the camera and no lens yet :(.

hhahahaa...... cute! ok, very honest! :p

but my fren said it is not very good. he kinda regret getting that. that is why I am scared of kit lens. but then now i have the camera and no lens yet :(.
It is a good walkabout lens. I can close up stray cats (especially kittens) without scaring them off.

I am actually getting this lens to replace my Canon S5 IS, but it is more economical to sell the lens away since the value of my S5 IS is much lower than the lens... :(

for this program, do we really have to wait for 1 week?

any reasons why?

Yep. As long as it is a Canon camera, regardless of film or digital, you get the same discount. They did not check for working condition too. In fact, the staff even ask if I wanted my SLR Lens back (it is a very old and very cheap lens) as they told me they are going to dispose the lens anyway.

for this program, do we really have to wait for 1 week?

any reasons why?

Dunno the reason but they said ard 5 working days. Was told if decided to change decision for another model after they placed the order, there will be an additional S$20. However, they did not say if gotta wait for another 5 working days or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.