canon 7D vs nikon D7000

conmd

Mar 29, 2011
wanted to upgrade my 500D to 7D or D7000. can not decide which is better in terms of pics and video quality(better color, tone, sharpness) pls help

tnx
conmd

wanted to upgrade my 500D to 7D or D7000. can not decide which is better in terms of pics and video quality(better color, tone, sharpness) pls help

tnx
conmd

What is it in your current system (500) that is lacking therefore pushing you to upgrade? If nothing, save up the $ to invest in lens which is also an important aspect of dslr systems. Hope you do also understand that lens quality also affect the colors, sharpness of the images. If you are using a 500D + 18-55 and saying that the pics/vids are bad and you want a upgrade, upgrading to 500D or 7000D with 18-55 probably won't help much either.

Looking at how the question is phrased, I will think that you have not invest too heavily in lens yet as 7D is Canon and D7000 is Nikon (changing systems can be a PIA if you own alot of lens from either side).

First, tell us what lenses you already have.

Second, please be aware that 7D and D7000 are playing in different leagues; the D7000's direct rival is the 60D.

Cheers.

dont upgrade, your not yet ready for a new camera... unless you just want to burn some ca$h...

I think there is not much comparison, D7000 is better than 7D, except maybe the FullHD video shooting

I think there is not much comparison, D7000 is better than 7D, except maybe the FullHD video shooting

Hmmm on what basis? I think that is a very strong statement to make.

I would say each camera has its own strength. See which "strengths" you need and which "weakness" you are more willing to accept.

no point..sorry..u seems not ready enuff..when u have to ask such question.

Hmmm on what basis? I think that is a very strong statement to make.

I would say each camera has its own strength. See which "strengths" you need and which "weakness" you are more willing to accept.

You are right, every camera has advantage and disadvantage, but IMO, the better IQ on high ISO and AF-system on Nikon D7000 outweight the benefit of more pixel sensor and frame burst rate.
Too bad D7000 does not support 1080p on 30fps.

You are right, every camera has advantage and disadvantage, but IMO, the better IQ on high ISO and AF-system on Nikon D7000 outweight the benefit of more pixel sensor and frame burst rate.
Too bad D7000 does not support 1080p on 30fps.

Concur with your unbiased opinion. Anyway, changing system requires the user to relearn a system and changing all existing lenses. This is usually not recommeded except for determined shooter or new shooter who has not built a collection of precious lenses. Pls take me with a pinch of salt as I'm a Nikon user.

TS, why not invest in some new lenses and see if you could further utilize your current body?

Last edited:
Concur with your unbiased opinion. Anyway, changing system requires the user to relearn a system and changing all existing lenses. This is usually not recommeded except for determined shooter or new shooter who has not built a collection of precious lenses. Pls take me with a pinch of salt as I'm a Nikon user.

TS, why not invest in some new lenses and see if you could further utilize your current body?

I agrees with ovaltinemilo.
U have to cope with the new learning curve after u change system. And worst, u may not get use to it and change back.

Try to see wat u can get in ur current setup.
In the end, u may just need to get a new lens.

Nikon or Canon depend on what features you need on the body that is lack of in your 500D. And how many canon lens you have currently, if you have quite a few then you must think twice before changing to Nikon (unless you got alot of $$$ to burn) cause you need to change the lens also. End of the day is still the person behind the machine that does the job well. No matter how good the machine you get the person behind it does not have the basic concept also no use.

you can refer to this video also

[video=youtube;QZPNwIMMFik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZPNwIMMFik[/video]

Last edited:
D7000 is better than 7D

Your the one who determine which camera is the clear winner. Nat geo photographers have took so many stunning photos with flim but yet so many photographer with DSLR (Its like a huge leap in technology) cannot achieve........
Find out the reason behind this and you with what ever camera in your hands is the better camera.

Just my 2 cents =)

D7000 is better than 7D

i concur !
After watching this video, i am all for nikon D7000
although i still like canon handling etc.

Any more improvement from Nikon over Canon , i think
i will seriously consider changing system....
But as yet, I am holding back....just this little bit more.

I have seen what the D3 can do. and I am impressed.

i concur !
After watching this video, i am all for nikon D7000
although i still like canon handling etc.

Any more improvement from Nikon over Canon , i think
i will seriously consider changing system....
But as yet, I am holding back....just this little bit more.

I have seen what the D3 can do. and I am impressed.

From the video i am not convinced...

Aiya, it's all up to u.

Hi all. Based on just the tech aspect of the camera. Its not fair to say the D7000 is better than the 7D. Its like comparing Samsung Galaxy S to Iphone 3GS and say the galaxy S is better. Maybe to some, like, android fans.

D7000 is a much newer body as compared to the 7D.

And also Kai, the guy in the video is a Nikon fanboy/user. For him to say that he preferred the 7D over the D7000 must be that the 7D is a quite a good camera as compared to D7000.

Price wise, the 7D is gonna burn a huge hole in your pocket over the D7000. 7D have dual processors, D7000 have dual SD card slots.