canon 7D vs nikon D7000

More af pts doesn't mean better especially to people like me who uses the central af pt most of the time. In Digital SLR (or Camera) magazine review, 7D's af is faster and more precise especially in al servo mode. Nikon outshines 7D in ISO but don't forget that Canon's system is more friendly than nikon due to the issue of built in motors etc. Frame burst rate can be important for people who shoot fast action shots, no pt getting a clean high ISO image but a blurred one. I prefer a noisy but sharp image.
So it's back to what TS needs most and which camera suits you better. For me more noise at higher ISO is not that critical to me (using 500D) since I can just convert to B&W with grainy feel kind of picture. I face the same situation whereby I wish I own a 7D or higher model because I am really struggling with the af speed and fps of 500D, but so far it is still possible to get decent pictures with 500D, just harder and I am still using it since I tell myself all I need is 1 or 2 nice pictures out of say 1000 trials to fulfill my goal of the day. So 500D can still meet this level of expectation provided the photographer has the skill to transform an entry level model into something that a semi pro model can do.

**But still waiting for the day when maybe my 500D suddenly dies and I have an excuse to upgrade :p **

500D is a good camera, i won't even sell it if i'm not going FF & i like the control of my 50D better over the video capability(cannot justify keeping 3 cam lol XD), IQ wise i must say it deliver spectacular result if u know what are u doing with it.
few pic i took with it(with only minor adjustment on the contrast) before i sold it off T_T
199161_1728529746649_1640610115_1634858_5723618_n.jpg

188331_1727885850552_1640610115_1633921_6764927_n.jpg

Last edited:
Like what others had pointed out 7D and D7000 each have their strong points. To say which camera is better would be pointless... and actually kind of childish... both are excellent cameras.

In the end, it all boils down to what you are looking for in your camera. You cannot have everything in a body... note the following,

1) Weight (note that 7D is significantly heavier than D7000)
2) price (7D is more expensive than D7000)
3) size (note that D7000 is significantly smaller than 7D)
4) general ergonomic (something works for me, but might not be you.)

IQ wise, I think they are on par, with D7000 faring slightly better in lowlight condition because of bigger sensor... but basically I find that difference quite insignificant unless you pixel peep.

AF wise... well... it is up to you. For me, 50pts, 39pts, 19pts, seriously make no difference... I always (90%) of the time choose the center point AF only... but again it is up to you.

Like what others had pointed out 7D and D7000 each have their strong points. To say which camera is better would be pointless... and actually kind of childish... both are excellent cameras.

In the end, it all boils down to what you are looking for in your camera. You cannot have everything in a body... note the following,

1) Weight (note that 7D is significantly heavier than D7000)
2) price (7D is more expensive than D7000)
3) size (note that D7000 is significantly smaller than 7D)
4) general ergonomic (something works for me, but might not be you.)

IQ wise, I think they are on par, with D7000 faring slightly better in lowlight condition because of bigger sensor... but basically I find that difference quite insignificant unless you pixel peep.

AF wise... well... it is up to you. For me, 50pts, 39pts, 19pts, seriously make no difference... I always (90%) of the time choose the center point AF only... but again it is up to you.
I can't agree with you more. I almost always use the center point AF as well.