Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it comes with an articulating screen. That will make it really tempting for me.

announcing does not mean availability. They hv announced 1Dx quite some time ago liao. Expect to wait another 9 months.

announcing does not mean availability. They hv announced 1Dx quite some time ago liao. Expect to wait another 9 months.

Come on... you are such a wet blanket. :bsmilie:

all are hoax.. don't believe in such story telling..
Friend of mine who's working for Canon Singapore told me that no news of 5DMKIII in market yet.
They had only created a new flash software for 5DMKII.

bro why not get mkIII and ur current MKII as spare? :D

I don't know about you guys but when I get backup cameras I prefer the same model. It really helps in a 2 camera setup when the layout and capabilities of both cameras are the same :) Smooth operation when switching bodies.

Friend of mine who's working for Canon Singapore told me that no news of 5DMKIII in market yet.

If the 5D3 is going to be announced in March/April 2012, Canon Singapore will not know anything about it until a couple of weeks (if not days) before. I doubt Thom Hogan's leaks are ever wrong. :)

[video=vimeo;34061409]http://vimeo.com/34061409[/video]
if canon is watching this the 5dmIII will come with a touchscreen.

sony is well ahead in this area and canon really needs to catch up.

even a stopped clock is correct twice a day :)

there are high chance that 5D MKIII is coming. since 5D MKII is a 4 yr old cam. it is time for it to be renew unless canon is going to stop 5D series... so there is a high chance this rumor is true. true or not i will wait for it. :)

no offence intended but i'll believe US rumours more than local CAnon SG rumours ...

It appears that the availability of the Nikon D4 is February 2012.

:hammer:Hm...then 5DmkII's price going to drop,drop,drop...Good time to get then.Hahaha!!!:blah:

last dec, MII oredi dropped to ard USD1.9k for a limited time at adorama. just that our local sellers are not offering much difference.

was asked by my chief photog abt me using my own camera at work. told him i am used to it already.

they are still using the 5d. he said they plan to upgrade this year. they already tested the 1dx when it was launched. but price point too high.

canon told them to wait feb or march for a new camera. supposed to be better than the 5d2 but not a direct replacement.

the exact specs not known though. looking forward to any newer camera than the 5d. zzz. :D

I'd expect the new 5D to be launched like any mainstay product - lots of secrecy and then launch to flood the market with stocks. risks is too high to announce and allow the competition to flood the shelves with enticing offers/bundles etc.

its different for a top of the line camera - its more a statement and extensive testing with a small group who will probably end up being the target market themselves makes it necessary to announce before hand.

The only Canon news I've heard was 1Dx and a few replacement lenses (which ones you can check the rumor sites about).

Realistically on the 5DII replacement IF it's a 1Dx sensor in a 5DII body will not actually be in anyones hands till 6-9 months after the 1Dx hits peoples hands.
However, if it's not a 1Dx sensor in a 5DII body, then it may come in 3-6 months after announcement of the cam which isn't for a few months if at all (so either way it's more then 6m to a year away).

Unless of course something major happens and Canon feels the need to cannibalize it's own 1Dx market for the sake of keeping up with the Joneses (nikon)

Best,
Adam

Canon 5D MK3 sited?

B3J8584.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.