Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did consider the 1D3s, but when I learned of the 230k LCD screen, that idea immediately vaporized.
So nah, won't even look at the older 1Ds now.

I think we should just get the latest for better image quality.... and technology.... do not see a point getting older models...

Halfmoon said:
I think we should just get the latest for better image quality.... and technology.... do not see a point getting older models...

Latest and bestest means $$$ the mostest!! Older models will start to look tempting for those with lower budgets, when their prices adjust relative to the new kids on the block. I expect to see prices for 1D3s n to a lesser extent 1D4 heading south. The 1D4 still has the fps n crop advantage for sports. Still, i believe the 5D3 specs are good enough to hurt the resale price of these pro-body models. The 5D2 should have company!

Last edited:
For 5d2 user, there might not be enough reason to upgrade but coming from a crop body, there are so much reason to rejoice. Canon had improved almost everything in 5mk2 no matter how you think it maybe insignificant but it is still an improvement. There are so much to like in the newly release 5dmk3. You bet i will get one soon :)

Latest and bestest means $$$ the mostest!! Older models will start to look tempting for those with lower budgets, when their prices adjust relative to the new kids on the block. I expect to see prices for 1D3s n to a lesser extent 1D4 heading south. The 1D4 still has the fps n crop advantage for sports. Still, i believe the 5D3 specs are good enough to hurt the resale price of these pro-body models. The 5D2 should have company!

With so good spec, and high ISO IQ, improved technology, the 5DmkIII will cause the older body price to fall, making the price to reflect the age of the technology........ but still, there will be some who desire a pro body.... and will buy them......

I wonder if Canon will come out a 9D or something, ie. a slow fps FF.... :think::think:

With so good spec, and high ISO IQ, improved technology, the 5DmkIII will cause the older body price to fall, making the price to reflect the age of the technology........ but still, there will be some who desire a pro body.... and will buy them......

I wonder if Canon will come out a 9D or something, ie. a slow fps FF.... :think::think:

5D and 5D2 FPS very low already :p

I know... maybe a new sensor with slow FPS.......

Wonder if they will keep 5DII in production for a while.................... :think::think:

Hmm.. How about a 5D Mark IIN? Newest sensor, 3FPS, base ISO 100-12800 with boosted range L:50, H1:25600 & H2: 51200 and a D!GIT5+ processor. AF will follow 7D. I think it will be a good enough upgrade to bear the "N" in the name :D

This thread has exceeded well over 1,000 posts. Before one of the moderators Catches me with his Lights on, I had better close this thread! :)

It's been really fun anticipating the Canon 5D Mark III, but now that its here its time to move on. Please continue posting in the new thread called, Official Canon 5D Mark 3 - User Thread or one of the many other 5D3 threads that have opened since the introduction of this wonderful, highly anticipated camera.

Thread Closed.

Post Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.