Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like an alternative for the dial for the grip side..

Good idea... would be great if the BG's toggle switch could be fully programable... giving users 4 more shortcuts to functions on the camera... :think:

doodah said:
If the 5D3 is going to be announced in March/April 2012, Canon Singapore will not know anything about it until a couple of weeks (if not days) before. I doubt Thom Hogan's leaks are ever wrong. :)

Canon Singapore should more or less have some info. If not how are they going plan their inventory?

Canon Singapore should more or less have some info. If not how are they going plan their inventory?

They will have information on its launch and availability at least 2-3 months ahead of time. But I suspect Canon HQ (Japan) will keep its technical details under wraps except to the highest level staff until perhaps when engineering samples are made available to Canon Singapore. Which I think would be about 4-6 weeks before actual launch. :dunno:

Good idea... would be great if the BG's toggle switch could be fully programable... giving users 4 more shortcuts to functions on the camera... :think:

Not getting your 70-300L first? Hehehe...

It'd be great if it'd made available in Sg market also in March, same time as 1Dx :D

Closer look

Stephen-Oachs-photo-of-Canon-prototype-click-for-monster-size.jpg

You may be right. Or maybe GetzFie's friend who works in Canon and knows nothing about the upcoming 5D3 is too low ranking to find out anything... :bsmilie:

In any case, the rumors surrounding the upcoming 5D3 are now too strong for anyone to wave them off...

Last edited:
Don't own 5D MkII... But the back looks alot like my current 7D.... could this be 7D MkII going through some high speed test ?? :think:
1 strong indicator is this body doesn't come with an on board flash... Which canon always leave out on their entry level ff bodies... I wonder why....

blurboiboi said:
1 strong indicator is this body doesn't come with an on board flash... Which canon always leave out on their entry level ff bodies... I wonder why....

Cos it is not an entry lvl body. Perhaps canon thinks users of 5D shld know and will use off camera flash well.

=gundamseed84;7691391]Cos it is not an entry lvl body. Perhaps canon thinks users of 5D shld know and will use off camera flash well.

Yup... you are right.. didn't see that there isn't a pop out flash.... kept thinking of only the new 4/8 way toggle switch on the BG and missed the pop out flash part.... :sweat:

Well... to answer the old question of why no pop out flash on Pro Bodies.... an old joke goes that, if you could afford a Pro Body... you could afford a Speedlite... any, Speedlite... :bsmilie:

Another saying of why FF cameras have no pop-up flash... Because pro bodies uses pro lenses and pro lenses tend to be longer than semi-pro/amateur kit lenses. In this case, pop-up flash will not be useful in any way because the lens will shadow the flash light.

Example, try using a xxD or xxxD camera with 24-70 + hood. Then activate the pop-up flash. You know what i mean. :D

Another saying of why FF cameras have no pop-up flash... Because pro bodies uses pro lenses and pro lenses tend to be longer than semi-pro/amateur kit lenses. In this case, pop-up flash will not be useful in any way because the lens will shadow the flash light.

Example, try using a xxD or xxxD camera with 24-70 + hood. Then activate the pop-up flash. You know what i mean. :D

Same for even 7D with 17-55mm+hood... can't go 28mm without shadow using pop up flash

My cousin directs a advertising company locally and Canon is his client. Met up with him over CNY, and he says "a new camera will be coming out in April/May, might be worth buying, just like your 5D Mark II (gestures to what I'm using for filming)".

Seems legit. He wasn't wrong about hinting the 1D4 to me too.

My cousin directs a advertising company locally and Canon is his client. Met up with him over CNY, and he says "a new camera will be coming out in April/May, might be worth buying, just like your 5D Mark II (gestures to what I'm using for filming)".

This revelation works well with a February/Mach announcement. One or two months later (April/May) product will be on the shelves!

did you just stop there or did you try to get more out of him?

what's the usual starting price of the 5Ds when it's first released?

Status
Not open for further replies.