Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changi, goto DFS, bought a bottle of wine, go thru security, no problem, board plane, transit in Frankfurt, need to go through security, bottle no good ....... how ..... drank wine with 2 fellow strangers, dump bottle, go through custome, no more problem :)
refused entry because of intoxication :bsmilie:

I really do not see what is the fuss. I actually rather appreciate the current rules. More people check in their luggage, less mess in the cabin, life is infinately better.
No, DP, I beg to differ. Banning liquids doesn't necessarily mean less cabin baggage. You should see people carrying trolley bags into the aeroplane. :sweat: These days I only carry my camera backpack with me as cabin baggage. I don't even try to put it in the overhead bins - they are usually full. I just keep it under the seat in front of me. Sorry, for that aside.

As far as water goes, I bring a 1/2 liter bottle, empty, go through swecurity, and fill the bottle with water once I get on the plane. Simple as that!

We won't be able to do this. At the security screening before we board the flight, they will ask us to empty the bottle.

Anyways, thanks to all you folks. I did get some meaningful answers. It all boils down to cost and some 'elements' making the world a difficult place to live. I can't imagine what will come our way next.

Changi, goto DFS, bought a bottle of wine, go thru security, no problem, board plane, transit in Frankfurt, need to go through security, bottle no good ....... how ..... drank wine with 2 fellow strangers, dump bottle, go through custome, no more problem :)

Good one :thumbsup:
You made two strangers happy. Spread some happiness in this world. This is what we should all do.

Or just buy the wine in frankfurt. Better wine, cheaper too.

Or just buy the wine in frankfurt. Better wine, cheaper too.
Impulse purchase ... beside impossible to get what I go at Changi in Frankfurt ...

anyhow, the next leg of the journey was very ...soothing

The DFS shop is actually supposed to pack/help you arrange your purchases such that you can bring them on-board. You can ask them the next time you buy something from them.

Nitroglycerin? I doubt you can actually handle a bottle of it and bring it up to the plane before it blows up in your bag or in your hands first.

Why 100ML? This is an arbitrary limit.

If someone is intent at making a bomb, can't he combine a few bottles with friends or otherwise to do it? Perhaps they are just spreading the risk int he hope that they can catch one of the small bottles. That said, even if they catch one, there's many more.

The DFS shop is actually supposed to pack/help you arrange your purchases such that you can bring them on-board. You can ask them the next time you buy something from them.

Nitroglycerin? I doubt you can actually handle a bottle of it and bring it up to the plane before it blows up in your bag or in your hands first.
The problem is not DFS nor Changi, it had to do with the intra Europe leg of my journey.

He is saying you bring an empty bottle ONTO the plane, and ask the cabin crew to fill it up for you when you are on board.

We won't be able to do this. At the security screening before we board the flight, they will ask us to empty the bottle.

Anyways, thanks to all you folks. I did get some meaningful answers. It all boils down to cost and some 'elements' making the world a difficult place to live. I can't imagine what will come our way next.

Just pray no smart ass manages to make explosive clothes.... we will then be asked to strip and wear security overalls like prisoners prior to boarding plane.

He is saying you bring an empty bottle ONTO the plane, and ask the cabin crew to fill it up for you when you are on board.
Thanks.

Btw, I got to refil the bottle anyway. For a long haul flight, say 12 hours to Europe, I generally drink 1.5-2 liter of water. It has tobe refilled.

And bringing an empty bottle is so much lighter.

I am wondering what happen to those liquid medications and can't be placed in the check-in luggage???? some come in big bottles.

U guys just hope no one bring an explosive device that looks like a camera.

Anyhow, noose is getting tighter, we're all pwn3d.

Thats the way to go..:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.