Can Sigma Super 500 DG be modified to take battery pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenx

Mar 27, 2004
Didn't get any response in the tech talk section, so decided to post one here.

Hi, need advice on the above question. If there is, will be great if there is any online step-by-step guide on the modification. Thanks in advance!!!

Waha... Think I made a mistake. There should be a model from QB that fits the flash.

I think so .. i'm using this flash.

Personally i'd advise against it as the bulb can't take the beating.

dEthANGeL said:
I think so .. i'm using this flash.

Personally i'd advise against it as the bulb can't take the beating.

Beating?? But I am not going to whack continous bursts everytime I shoot. Or perhaps you mean other things?

wenx said:
Beating?? But I am not going to whack continous bursts everytime I shoot. Or perhaps you mean other things?

I agree but then once you have the batt pack .. you'll have the tendancy to. Also, the build for the flash isn't too good. Some CSers have reported the flash dying on them after 1 year of use :sweat:

dEthANGeL said:
I agree but then once you have the batt pack .. you'll have the tendancy to. Also, the build for the flash isn't too good. Some CSers have reported the flash dying on them after 1 year of use :sweat:

Oh...Ha, I won't whack lah. Will only whack in those die-die-must-have moments if I have a batt pack.

And... Yah, I am using the sigma as well. About the build... HAha, mine is lying in TCW for repairs now, due to an unfortunate accident.

Well, cannot expect a lot from a cheap flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.